Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chuck

Default Coffee travel mugs .. without plastic taste?

Any one know of a travel mug for coffee that doesn't taste like
plastic? I need one that the top seals,, thus it's going to be made
from plastic.. any of those I've used in the past, the plastic over
powered the coffee..
Chuck (in SC)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
rosie

mug for coffee that doesn't taste like
plastic? I need one that the top seals,, thus it's going to be made
from plastic.. any of those I've used in the past, the plastic over
powered the coffee..
Chuck (in SC)

I have a Starbucks coffee mug and I really like it, it keeps the coffee
hot-- yes, it does have a hard plastic lid, but , I have not ever had
thsat plastic taste while using it.

Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"rosie" > wrote

> mug for coffee that doesn't taste like
> plastic? I need one that the top seals,, thus it's going to be made
> from plastic.. any of those I've used in the past, the plastic over
> powered the coffee..
> Chuck (in SC)
>
> I have a Starbucks coffee mug and I really like it, it keeps the coffee
> hot-- yes, it does have a hard plastic lid, but , I have not ever had
> thsat plastic taste while using it.

Eddie Bauer also has metal mugs, only the top is a hard
plastic, would that do?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"Chuck" > wrote in message
> Any one know of a travel mug for coffee that doesn't taste like
> plastic? I need one that the top seals,, thus it's going to be made
> from plastic.. any of those I've used in the past, the plastic over
> powered the coffee..
> Chuck (in SC)

Sometimes I think this is more subjective than not. Travel mugs that don't
bother DH, I can't get past my lips. Yuk!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
PastaLover

Chuck wrote:
> Any one know of a travel mug for coffee that doesn't taste like
> plastic? I need one that the top seals,, thus it's going to be made
> from plastic.. any of those I've used in the past, the plastic over
> powered the coffee..
> Chuck (in SC)

Buy a stainless steel mug. The only part that might be plastic will be
the lid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

PastaLover wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
>> Any one know of a travel mug for coffee that doesn't taste like
>> plastic? I need one that the top seals,, thus it's going to be made
>> from plastic.. any of those I've used in the past, the plastic over
>> powered the coffee..
>> Chuck (in SC)

> Buy a stainless steel mug. The only part that might be plastic will be
> the lid.

Yep; and they sell them for just a few bucks in most drug stores and places
like WalMart, Target, KMart.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter Aitken

"Chuck" > wrote in message
> Any one know of a travel mug for coffee that doesn't taste like
> plastic? I need one that the top seals,, thus it's going to be made
> from plastic.. any of those I've used in the past, the plastic over
> powered the coffee..
> Chuck (in SC)

I have a stainless steel travel mug where only the lid is plastic. Maybe
this would work for you.

--
Peter Aitken

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:05:48 GMT, Chuck > wrote:

>Any one know of a travel mug for coffee that doesn't taste like
>plastic? I need one that the top seals,, thus it's going to be made
>from plastic.. any of those I've used in the past, the plastic over
>powered the coffee..
>Chuck (in SC)

I buy metal travel mugs that are stainless steel inside and out. I'm
assumming the black top is plastic, but maybe not. IMO: It doen't
impart a plastic taste to my coffee... but I only drink stong, dark
coffee - so maybe that's a factor too.

Side note... what will they think of next? Here's an electric travel
mug. I guess it's good for commutters in the far North.
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/5008716...Travel_Mug.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking
bobemeril

I've known a few truck drivers that had these electric mugs.Very handy
really,'cause you can sip your coffee for quite a while without it
getting cold.Some drivers sip coffee all day long-sip,not chug![these
have been available at truck stops for years,their nothing new.]

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chuck

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:12:56 -0800, sf
<see_reply_address_at_gmail_dot_com> wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:05:48 GMT, Chuck > wrote:
>
>>Any one know of a travel mug for coffee that doesn't taste like
>>plastic? I need one that the top seals,, thus it's going to be made
>>from plastic.. any of those I've used in the past, the plastic over
>>powered the coffee..
>>Chuck (in SC)

>I buy metal travel mugs that are stainless steel inside and out. I'm
>assumming the black top is plastic, but maybe not. IMO: It doen't
>impart a plastic taste to my coffee... but I only drink stong, dark
>coffee - so maybe that's a factor too.
>
>Side note... what will they think of next? Here's an electric travel
>mug. I guess it's good for commutters in the far North.
>http://img.alibaba.com/photo/5008716...Travel_Mug.jpg

Thanks for the input.. I'll try stainless steel..
Recent convert to French press coffee... hate to leave home without a
big cup..
Chuck (in SC)