Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

Default My new friend Sil

That'd be Sil Pat. OK, Silpat. Someone here mentioned pouring molten
peanut brittle onto a silpat sheet. This is a swell idea and my next
batch of nut brittle (maybe with almonds), will be poured onto both of
them. Nice. Very nice,
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri
Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown

Yes, Peanut Brittle on a Sil Pat is wonderful. I did it at the Home Show
for the Sil Pat to see if it would really work and if it didn't I'd have the
Consultant there to tell me why. haha I also did my fudge in one of their
silcone pans and it came right out with no wax paper needed.

Lynne

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> That'd be Sil Pat. OK, Silpat. Someone here mentioned pouring molten
> peanut brittle onto a silpat sheet. This is a swell idea and my next
> batch of nut brittle (maybe with almonds), will be poured onto both of
> them. Nice. Very nice,
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> That'd be Sil Pat. OK, Silpat. Someone here mentioned pouring molten
> peanut brittle onto a silpat sheet. This is a swell idea and my next
> batch of nut brittle (maybe with almonds), will be poured onto both of
> them. Nice. Very nice,
> --
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

Yes, I absolutely love my SilPat. It is so easy to use. I take a stained
glass class on Mondays and we had a holiday party this Monday before our
break until January. I thought it would be apropos to bring stained glass
cookies, and knew I'd be using the SilPat for those sticky delights. It made
it so easy. The cookies came out beautifully and several people mentioned
how hard it must have been to make them...little did they know! Crushed
lifesavers, sugar cookie dough, and a SilPat is all you need ;-)

I also use it for chocolates, because they pop right off, and when I make
things life tequila lime chicken, which are covered with melted cheese. It
keeps the cheese from sticking and clean up takes seconds. I have 3
different ones that I use with different pans and foods.

kimberly