Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

http://visualrecipes.com/

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
I'm actually motivated to try some of thies

I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.

thanks
JimBob

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

> This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>
> Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.
>
> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
> I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
>
> I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
> upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.
>
> thanks
> JimBob

You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
fruitcake folder:
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thank you for posting the link. Looks like the site has about 214
recipes at the moment. All the recipes on the site can be seen with
this link: http://visualrecipes.com/all-recipes.php

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

> > This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
> >
> > Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.
> >
> > A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> > off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> > are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
> > I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
> >
> > I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
> > upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.
> >
> > thanks
> > JimBob

> You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
> fruitcake folder:
> --
>
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

Interesting website. Thanks!

> This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>
> Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.
>
> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
> I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
>
> I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
> upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.
>

> thanks
> JimBob

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article .com>,
wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.

> thanks
> JimBob

<cough> Jeez, I've been doing that for a few years. Real people?
'sat? More practical than what?
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri

Barb retorted pointedly:
In article .com>,

wrote:
> http://visualrecipes.com/

> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
> thanks
> JimBob

<cough> Jeez, I've been doing that for a few years. Real people?
'sat? More practical than what?

Real people are the kind that you make yourself, not the ones that come
in boxes at the store.

And they're practical for people who need help boiling water.;-)

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:47:33 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> wrote:
>
>Interesting site. The cucumber rounds with hummus and yogurt looks
>interesting along with Hector's Exorcism Sauce for Chicken Wings.
>
>Michael

Calling Jill! I found one called Butternut Squash Soup with Andouille
Sausage that I will try after I get home (probably with hot Italian
sausage). Unfortunately, what the garnish is was left out of the
recipe.

Not totally comfortable with the sight yet though. What's with that
get a free ringtone for signing up? Things like that make me
suspicious of potential spyware.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:55:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

>> This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>>
>> Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.
>>
>> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
>> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
>> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
>> I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
>>
>> I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
>> upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.
>>
>> thanks
>> JimBob

>You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
>fruitcake folder:

I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
words and more pictures would be even better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Karen AKA Kajikit

On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

>This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>
>Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

Interesting idea... but then you have to be organised enough to take
the photos! I usually cook by the seat of my pants, and you don't want
to SEE the mess I make in my kitchen!

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

sf wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:55:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> > wrote:
>

>>On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

>>>This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>>>
>>>Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.
>>>
>>>A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
>>>off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
>>>are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
>>>I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
>>>
>>>I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
>>>upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>JimBob

>>You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
>>fruitcake folder:

> I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
> words and more pictures would be even better.

Yes, that is a nice element. I wish it were more acceptable here but it
isn't

Posted to rec.food.cooking
William Wagner

In article >,
~patches~ > wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:55:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

> >>You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
> >>fruitcake folder:

> > I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
> > words and more pictures would be even better.

> Yes, that is a nice element. I wish it were more acceptable here but it
> isn't

Perhaps of interest

http://www.tinypic.com/

Post your images and let folks know where to find them.

Bill

--
Garden Shade Zone 5 S Jersey USA in a Japanese Jungle Manner.39.6376 -75.0208
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

>>This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.
>>
>>Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

> Interesting idea... but then you have to be organised enough to take
> the photos! I usually cook by the seat of my pants, and you don't want
> to SEE the mess I make in my kitchen!

The only downside to this that I see is to the poster having to stop to
take pics along the way. I often do this for my own records but not for
sharing and for many dishes, this just isn't possible. I do like the
website though and will be trying a couple of their recipes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

William Wagner wrote:

> In article >,
> ~patches~ > wrote:
>

>>sf wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

>>>I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
>>>words and more pictures would be even better.

>>Yes, that is a nice element. I wish it were more acceptable here but it
>>isn't

> Perhaps of interest
>
> http://www.tinypic.com/
>

> Post your images and let folks know where to find them.
>
> Bill

Thanks William. I tried that and was shot down by the cabal or whatever
you want to call it and reinforced by the tolerated trolls. I figure,
why bother? Personally, I like the idea of seeing a food someone cooked
especially when accompanied by a recipe. Obviously this is not the ng
to post such things. But thankyou for the pointer. Tinypic is really
nice for those who don't have access to binary newsgroups.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:24:13 -0500, ~patches~
> wrote:

> Thanks William. I tried that and was shot down by the cabal or whatever
> you want to call it and reinforced by the tolerated trolls. I figure,
> why bother? Personally, I like the idea of seeing a food someone cooked
> especially when accompanied by a recipe. Obviously this is not the ng
> to post such things. But thankyou for the pointer. Tinypic is really
> nice for those who don't have access to binary newsgroups.

Get an account with Yahoo, and you can post all the pictures you'd
like, and it's free!

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:24:13 -0500, ~patches~
> > wrote:
>

>>Thanks William. I tried that and was shot down by the cabal or whatever
>>you want to call it and reinforced by the tolerated trolls. I figure,
>>why bother? Personally, I like the idea of seeing a food someone cooked
>>especially when accompanied by a recipe. Obviously this is not the ng
>>to post such things. But thankyou for the pointer. Tinypic is really
>>nice for those who don't have access to binary newsgroups.

> Get an account with Yahoo, and you can post all the pictures you'd
> like, and it's free!
>
> Carol

Speaking as an *imbicile* exactly what difference would it make if I
used tinypic or yahoo? Either way it is posting pic links to a ng that
does not appreciate pics of food. Go figure. A newsgroup dedicated to
yipping about food doesn't like food pics. Honestly thanks for the tip
but it isn't worth my while.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:27:54 -0500, ~patches~
> wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> > Get an account with Yahoo, and you can post all the pictures you'd
> > like, and it's free!

> Speaking as an *imbicile* exactly what difference would it make if I
> used tinypic or yahoo?

Yahoo keeps all of your pictures together so people can look at them
anytime they want, instead of searching for tinypic links.

> Either way it is posting pic links to a ng that
> does not appreciate pics of food. Go figure. A newsgroup dedicated to
> yipping about food doesn't like food pics. Honestly thanks for the tip
> but it isn't worth my while.

I'm not sure why there were complaints about your pictures. I enjoyed
them. I have a link to my Yahoo picture album at the bottom of each
of my posts. So does Barb Schaller, and no one has said a word.

I'm sorry for calling you an imbicile. I was having a bad few days. I
wish I could take it back, but all I can do is hope that you'll
forgive me at some point.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article . com>,
"maxine in ri" > wrote:

> Barb retorted pointedly:
> In article .com>,
>
> wrote:
> > http://visualrecipes.com/

> > A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
> > off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
> > are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
> > thanks
> > JimBob

> <cough> Jeez, I've been doing that for a few years. Real people?
> 'sat? More practical than what?
>
> Real people are the kind that you make yourself, not the ones that come
> in boxes at the store.

You're kidding me, right? You can get People Mix at the store? Well,
so much for sex!
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Default User

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:27:54 -0500, ~patches~
> > wrote:

> > Either way it is posting pic links to a ng that
> > does not appreciate pics of food. Go figure. A newsgroup
> > dedicated to yipping about food doesn't like food pics. Honestly
> > thanks for the tip but it isn't worth my while.

> I'm not sure why there were complaints about your pictures. I enjoyed
> them. I have a link to my Yahoo picture album at the bottom of each
> of my posts. So does Barb Schaller, and no one has said a word.

I don't even remember people complaining. One person claimed the images
were not hers or something, but there didn't seem to be any general
consensus that linked images were inappropriate for the group.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On 14 Dec 2005 21:44:12 GMT, "Default User" >
wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:27:54 -0500, ~patches~
> > > wrote:

> > > Either way it is posting pic links to a ng that
> > > does not appreciate pics of food. Go figure. A newsgroup
> > > dedicated to yipping about food doesn't like food pics. Honestly
> > > thanks for the tip but it isn't worth my while.

> > I'm not sure why there were complaints about your pictures. I enjoyed
> > them. I have a link to my Yahoo picture album at the bottom of each
> > of my posts. So does Barb Schaller, and no one has said a word.

> I don't even remember people complaining.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of them. I think it would be nice to have
them grouped in one place, though.

> One person claimed the images
> were not hers or something, but there didn't seem to be any general
> consensus that linked images were inappropriate for the group.

That person enjoys causing other people pain. I think patches has
that individual killfiled.

Please post again, patches.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On 14 Dec 2005 21:44:12 GMT, "Default User" >
> wrote:

> > One person claimed the images
> > were not hers or something, but there didn't seem to be any general
> > consensus that linked images were inappropriate for the group.

> That person enjoys causing other people pain. I think patches has
> that individual killfiled.

Yeah, that's why I couldn't understand her assertion that the newsgroup
cabal (TINC) disapproved of such images. One loon does not a consensus
make.

Post 'em, don't post 'em, whatever.

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "maxine in ri" > wrote:
> >
> > Real people are the kind that you make yourself, not the ones that come
> > in boxes at the store.

> You're kidding me, right? You can get People Mix at the store? Well,
> so much for sex!
> --

People Mix in the Crockpot

3 lbs. ribs (beef, pork, or Adam's)
1 box People Mix (I use the organic kind -- less salty, but just as
spicy)
1 can Campbells cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope dried onion soup mix
1 tin anchovies, drained of oil

Place People Mix in bottom of crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients
thoroughly and pour over. Set crockpot to low, cover, turn on, cook
for 12 hours, give a quick stir, leave cover off and cook for 4 more
hours. A family favorite for the holidays. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

aem wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>>In article . com>,
>> "maxine in ri" > wrote:
>>
>>>Real people are the kind that you make yourself, not the ones that come
>>>in boxes at the store.

>>You're kidding me, right? You can get People Mix at the store? Well,
>>so much for sex!
>>--

> People Mix in the Crockpot
>
> 3 lbs. ribs (beef, pork, or Adam's)
> 1 box People Mix (I use the organic kind -- less salty, but just as
> spicy)
> 1 can Campbells cream of mushroom soup
> 1 envelope dried onion soup mix
> 1 tin anchovies, drained of oil
>
> Place People Mix in bottom of crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients
> thoroughly and pour over. Set crockpot to low, cover, turn on, cook
> for 12 hours, give a quick stir, leave cover off and cook for 4 more
> hours. A family favorite for the holidays. -aem

It's much better with a real white sauce and some chopped onions

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:27:54 -0500, ~patches~
> > wrote:
>

>>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>>

>>>Get an account with Yahoo, and you can post all the pictures you'd
>>>like, and it's free!

>>Speaking as an *imbicile* exactly what difference would it make if I
>>used tinypic or yahoo?

> Yahoo keeps all of your pictures together so people can look at them
> anytime they want, instead of searching for tinypic links.
>

>>Either way it is posting pic links to a ng that
>>does not appreciate pics of food. Go figure. A newsgroup dedicated to
>>yipping about food doesn't like food pics. Honestly thanks for the tip
>>but it isn't worth my while.

> I'm not sure why there were complaints about your pictures. I enjoyed
> them. I have a link to my Yahoo picture album at the bottom of each
> of my posts. So does Barb Schaller, and no one has said a word.

There were and some very nasty. I'm glad some enjoyed the pics as I did
enjoy taking them but I won't be sharing here anymore as far as pics go.
I went to lurking for awhile then decided I still liked this ng enough
to post but not for posting pics in any format. It's still a nice ng
once the filters are tweaked

> I'm sorry for calling you an imbicile. I was having a bad few days. I
> wish I could take it back, but all I can do is hope that you'll
> forgive me at some point.

Damsel, point taken. Many of us have more than a few bad days.
Personally, I try very hard not to share those bad days. If I actually
shared what was going on in my life sometimes, people simply would not
want to believe. Right now we are going through a very hellish time and
we have a funeral tomorrow and, well you know the list goes on. For
that reason alone, when I come to usenet, I try not to share the bad
points, only try to share only the good. You know? You see when I sign
on and post, I never know how the other person's day is going to be but
I sure do hope it isn't going to be worse for anything I post. Have a
good one, even if I am an imbicile
> Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On 14 Dec 2005 21:44:12 GMT, "Default User" >
> wrote:
>

>>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

>>>I'm not sure why there were complaints about your pictures. I enjoyed
>>>them. I have a link to my Yahoo picture album at the bottom of each
>>>of my posts. So does Barb Schaller, and no one has said a word.

>>I don't even remember people complaining.

> I wouldn't mind seeing more of them. I think it would be nice to have
> them grouped in one place, though.
>

>>One person claimed the images
>>were not hers or something, but there didn't seem to be any general
>>consensus that linked images were inappropriate for the group.

> That person enjoys causing other people pain. I think patches has
> that individual killfiled.
>
> Please post again, patches.
>
> Carol

Sorry dams, I know the pics are likely appreciated by some but not
tolerated here. I won't be posting pics through any medium here again.
Besides, it frees up time for me cooking instead of messing with
cameras
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

~patches~ wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> On 14 Dec 2005 21:44:12 GMT, "Default User" >
>> wrote:

>>> I don't even remember people complaining.

>> I wouldn't mind seeing more of them. I think it would be nice to have
>> them grouped in one place, though.
>>

>>> One person claimed the images
>>> were not hers or something, but there didn't seem to be any general
>>> consensus that linked images were inappropriate for the group.

>> That person enjoys causing other people pain. I think patches has
>> that individual killfiled.
>>
>> Please post again, patches.
>>
>> Carol

> Sorry dams, I know the pics are likely appreciated by some but not
> tolerated here. I won't be posting pics through any medium here again.
> Besides, it frees up time for me cooking instead of messing with
> cameras

you are wholly mistaken, patches. As long as you post links, and not
actual pics, it's all good.

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

Posted to rec.food.cooking

~patches~ wrote:

> Sorry dams, I know the pics are likely appreciated by some but not
> tolerated here.

Whaaat? Not tolerated by whom?

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

There is nothing on that visual recipe site that says anything about
getting a free ringtone. You must have been looking at a banner
advertisement.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr. Libido Incognito

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> You're kidding me, right? You can get People Mix at the store? Well,
> so much for sex!
> http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri

Please don't post pictures of sex...It makes my glasses fog up and then I
trip over things...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Default User wrote:

> ~patches~ wrote:
>

>>Sorry dams, I know the pics are likely appreciated by some but not
>>tolerated here.

> Whaaat? Not tolerated by whom?
>

> Brian

Google. Sorry, I've taken enough flack over this issue and never
tagged the posts in question and right now just don't feel like going
back to find all of them. There were a few. I think it is rather funny
that pics are accepted though one source but not another but right now
it makes no never minds as it saves me the hassel of posting anyway
Posted to rec.food.cooking

~patches~ wrote:

> Default User wrote:

> > Whaaat? Not tolerated by whom? Brian
> >

> Google. Sorry, I've taken enough flack over this issue and never
> tagged the posts in question and right now just don't feel like going
> back to find all of them. There were a few. I think it is rather
> funny that pics are accepted though one source but not another but
> right now it makes no never minds as it saves me the hassel of
> posting anyway

I have no idea what to even google for. I don't recall much outcry from
anyone posting links to images, who would care? Now, attaching images
if bad, of course.

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

> ~patches~ wrote:
>

>>Default User wrote:

>>>Whaaat? Not tolerated by whom? Brian
>>>

>>Google. Sorry, I've taken enough flack over this issue and never
>>tagged the posts in question and right now just don't feel like going
>>back to find all of them. There were a few. I think it is rather
>>funny that pics are accepted though one source but not another but
>>right now it makes no never minds as it saves me the hassel of
>>posting anyway

> I have no idea what to even google for. I don't recall much outcry from
> anyone posting links to images, who would care? Now, attaching images
> if bad, of course.
>

> Brian

Well Brian, that is precisely what I thought especially when the image
links were due to food and cooking <shrug> Apparently posting tinypic
links is a problem for some. No problem as it saves me the time and
effort. I could go back and find the posts for you but right now I'm in
between deciding whether to continue posting here or not. Try googling
with my nic and see if you uncover any of the controversy. Pics for the
post part are not really welcomed here and even the links to pics are
not welcomed. Go figure. Oh well, less work for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> ~patches~ > looking for trouble wrote in
> :
>

>>Default User wrote:

>>>Whaaat? Not tolerated by whom?
>>>

>>>Brian
>>>

>> Google. Sorry, I've taken enough flack over this issue and never
>>tagged the posts in question and right now just don't feel like going
>>back to find all of them. There were a few. I think it is rather funny
>>that pics are accepted though one source but not another but right now
>>it makes no never minds as it saves me the hassel of posting anyway

> The may be a misconception regarding RFC. RFC is a non binary newsgroup so
> posting binaries to this group is a no-no. Posting a link is perfectly
> acceptable AFAIK. ABF is a binaries group where people post the actual
> pics of the food that they have cooked. I think maybe the confusion you
> might be having is non-binary vs. binary newsgroups.
>
> Michael

No Michael, at no time did I post an actual pic to this newsgroup. The
only thing I posted was links where one could if they so chose to click
on see the pics. So there was no confusion on my part. I've been
around usenet long enough to know the difference between binary and
non-binary. The uproar was regarding the posting of links to tinypic
links to pics of food I cooked and wanted to share. According to some
here, posting of links to pics is *not* acceptable so I have refrained
from doing so.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:00:37 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:24:13 -0500, ~patches~
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks William. I tried that and was shot down by the cabal or whatever
>> you want to call it and reinforced by the tolerated trolls. I figure,
>> why bother? Personally, I like the idea of seeing a food someone cooked
>> especially when accompanied by a recipe. Obviously this is not the ng
>> to post such things. But thankyou for the pointer. Tinypic is really
>> nice for those who don't have access to binary newsgroups.

Pandora used a different one recently... don't remember what it was,
but it's not as easy to "F" around with other people's pictures.

>Get an account with Yahoo, and you can post all the pictures you'd
>like, and it's free!

Yahoo and the like is ok, but first you have to know where to find
that a particular person's pictures and after you get there the viewer
has to sift through a lot of chaff to get to the wheat, if you know
what I mean.

I like the idea of that web site because it archives a lot of recipes
in categories and it's VISUAL. This is a real service to new cooks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:27:54 -0500, ~patches~
> wrote:

>Speaking as an *imbicile* exactly what difference would it make if I
>used tinypic or yahoo? Either way it is posting pic links to a ng that
>does not appreciate pics of food. Go figure. A newsgroup dedicated to
>yipping about food doesn't like food pics. Honestly thanks for the tip
>but it isn't worth my while.

I like pictures, patches! Pandora used a different url to post
pictures a few days ago, but I think that web site has potential. I'm
concerned about some of the periferial items connected with the site,
but the basic idea is a good one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:34:07 -0800, sf > wrote:

> Yahoo and the like is ok, but first you have to know where to find
> that a particular person's pictures and after you get there the viewer
> has to sift through a lot of chaff to get to the wheat, if you know
> what I mean.

Huh? Do you have problems trying to view my pictures on Yahoo?

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:21:36 -0500, ~patches~
> wrote:

> Right now we are going through a very hellish time and
>we have a funeral tomorrow and, well you know the list goes on.

Honestly, that isn't a valid excuse. My mother died on Sunday (I was
with her) and her memorial is tomorrow, but hopefully I haven't made a
big deal out of my pain or made anyone here unhappy due to my level of
personal stress.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

sf wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:21:36 -0500, ~patches~
> > wrote:
>

>>Right now we are going through a very hellish time and
>>we have a funeral tomorrow and, well you know the list goes on.

> Honestly, that isn't a valid excuse. My mother died on Sunday (I was
> with her) and her memorial is tomorrow, but hopefully I haven't made a
> big deal out of my pain or made anyone here unhappy due to my level of
> personal stress.

Yep, agreed. Some here want to make it an excuse and that is up to
them. Others use their pain to say it is ok to be asses. All I was
saying is everyone goes through the pain of life and not everyone makes
that known online. I wasn't using what we are going though as an excuse
by any stretch of the imagination. I'm sorry if you took it as such.
IMO, personal things should remain that way but others should note that
*just* because they are having a bad day doesn't mean others aren't
having a bad day only that they choose not to share they are having a
bad day. There is a lot of personal shit discussed here without regard
to others who may have it worse or just don't want to talk about it
here. We come here to discuss cooking and food, not what ever is going
on in every one's life. While some tid bits add interest other stuff
would be best left out of the newsgroup. One more reason why lurking is
becoming more desireable here
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:08:44 -0500, ~patches~
> wrote:

> IMO, personal things should remain that way but others should note that
> *just* because they are having a bad day doesn't mean others aren't
> having a bad day only that they choose not to share they are having a
> bad day.

I shan't bother you further. Someone who is as emotionally stable and
under control as you are shouldn't be subjected to a loose cannon such
as myself. Bye!

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in
message ...
> On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

>> This is a great website for people like me who can't
>> cook.
>>
>> Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being
>> made.
>>
>> A million times better than a list of ingrediants which
>> simply puts me
>> off and there is always something I can't follow. Also
>> these recipes
>> are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
>> I'm actually motivated to try some of thies
>>
>> I have no connection with this site and am just hoping
>> people here will
>> upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the
>> moment.
>>
>> thanks
>> JimBob

> You can do that with a number of free photo services.
> Observe the
> fruitcake folder:
> --

Great pictures, Carol! I wouldn't use fruitcake mix myself
because I don't like peel except fresh or citron but just
use cherries and pineapple.

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:08:44 -0500, ~patches~
> > wrote:
>

>>IMO, personal things should remain that way but others should note that
>>*just* because they are having a bad day doesn't mean others aren't
>>having a bad day only that they choose not to share they are having a
>>bad day.

> I shan't bother you further. Someone who is as emotionally stable and
> under control as you are shouldn't be subjected to a loose cannon such
> as myself. Bye!
>
> Carol

Oh puleease! You know what, I've lurked and read here for ages so I
know you well and your trends. Like talk about on and off! If you
don't like what I post great. So far, you have called me names and
insulted me so hey just because you don't agree with what I post, so go
ahead a killfile. This post was not directed at you but yet you take it
personally so go right ahead and killfile. Like it really bothers me in
the least. FTR, this ng is about cooking not Damsel or et al or their
lives or the things going on in their lives but *cooking*. Others here
have really shitty things they have to deal with in life yet never whine
on and on about it as you or some of your cronies do. So go right ahead
and killfile. While you are at it call me every name you can come up
with and then more like it will really bother me. OTOH, you may just
miss some great recipes or cooking tips as I tend for the most part to
stay on topic. What do I care if you miss anything. You will still be
whining away a long time after I'm gone. I have news for you, you
aren't the end all be all of this newsgroup. Have a good one...

- I'm baking up a load of squash tonight. It will be froze into
individual serving sizes for later use.