General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 01:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

http://visualrecipes.com/

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
I'm actually motivated to try some of thies

I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.


thanks
JimBob


  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 01:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
I'm actually motivated to try some of thies

I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.

thanks
JimBob


You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
fruitcake folder:
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 03:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected]
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

Thank you for posting the link. Looks like the site has about 214
recipes at the moment. All the recipes on the site can be seen with
this link: http://visualrecipes.com/all-recipes.php

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
I'm actually motivated to try some of thies

I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.

thanks
JimBob


You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
fruitcake folder:
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos


  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 03:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/


Interesting website. Thanks!

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
I'm actually motivated to try some of thies

I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.


thanks
JimBob

  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 04:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

In article .com,
wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/


A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.



thanks
JimBob


cough Jeez, I've been doing that for a few years. Real people?
'sat? More practical than what?
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-13-05 - RIP, Gerri


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 06:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

Barb retorted pointedly:
In article .com,

wrote:
http://visualrecipes.com/


A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
thanks
JimBob


cough Jeez, I've been doing that for a few years. Real people?
'sat? More practical than what?

Real people are the kind that you make yourself, not the ones that come
in boxes at the store.

And they're practical for people who need help boiling water.;-)

maxine in ri

  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 06:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
sf
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:47:33 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
wrote:

Interesting site. The cucumber rounds with hummus and yogurt looks
interesting along with Hector's Exorcism Sauce for Chicken Wings.

Michael


Calling Jill! I found one called Butternut Squash Soup with Andouille
Sausage that I will try after I get home (probably with hot Italian
sausage). Unfortunately, what the garnish is was left out of the
recipe.

Not totally comfortable with the sight yet though. What's with that
get a free ringtone for signing up? Things like that make me
suspicious of potential spyware.
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 06:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
sf
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:55:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
wrote:

On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
I'm actually motivated to try some of thies

I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.

thanks
JimBob


You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
fruitcake folder:


I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
words and more pictures would be even better.
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 07:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Karen AKA Kajikit
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:

http://visualrecipes.com/

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.


Interesting idea... but then you have to be organised enough to take
the photos! I usually cook by the seat of my pants, and you don't want
to SEE the mess I make in my kitchen!

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Online photo album - http://community.webshots.com/user/kajikit
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 07:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

sf wrote:

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:55:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
wrote:


On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:


http://visualrecipes.com/

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
I'm actually motivated to try some of thies

I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.

thanks
JimBob


You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
fruitcake folder:



I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
words and more pictures would be even better.


Yes, that is a nice element. I wish it were more acceptable here but it
isn't


  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 07:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
William Wagner
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

In article ,
~patches~ wrote:

sf wrote:

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:55:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
wrote:


On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:


http://visualrecipes.com/

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
I'm actually motivated to try some of thies

I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.

thanks
JimBob

You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
fruitcake folder:



I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
words and more pictures would be even better.


Yes, that is a nice element. I wish it were more acceptable here but it
isn't


Perhaps of interest

http://www.tinypic.com/


Post your images and let folks know where to find them.

Bill

--
Garden Shade Zone 5 S Jersey USA in a Japanese Jungle Manner.39.6376 -75.0208
This article is posted under fair use rules in accordance with
Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, and is strictly for the educational
and informative purposes. This material is distributed without profit.
  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 08:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:


http://visualrecipes.com/

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.



Interesting idea... but then you have to be organised enough to take
the photos! I usually cook by the seat of my pants, and you don't want
to SEE the mess I make in my kitchen!


The only downside to this that I see is to the poster having to stop to
take pics along the way. I often do this for my own records but not for
sharing and for many dishes, this just isn't possible. I do like the
website though and will be trying a couple of their recipes.
  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 08:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

William Wagner wrote:

In article ,
~patches~ wrote:


sf wrote:


On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:55:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
wrote:



On 14 Dec 2005 05:22:42 -0800, wrote:



http://visualrecipes.com/

This is a great website for people like me who can't cook.

Users can upload photos (max 22) of their recipes being made.

A million times better than a list of ingrediants which simply puts me
off and there is always something I can't follow. Also these recipes
are by "real" people and are therefore more pratical.
I'm actually motivated to try some of thies

I have no connection with this site and am just hoping people here will
upload their recipes as there aren't many on it at the moment.

thanks
JimBob

You can do that with a number of free photo services. Observe the
fruitcake folder:


I like the fact that it's totally devoted to visual cooking. Fewer
words and more pictures would be even better.


Yes, that is a nice element. I wish it were more acceptable here but it
isn't



Perhaps of interest

http://www.tinypic.com/


Post your images and let folks know where to find them.

Bill


Thanks William. I tried that and was shot down by the cabal or whatever
you want to call it and reinforced by the tolerated trolls. I figure,
why bother? Personally, I like the idea of seeing a food someone cooked
especially when accompanied by a recipe. Obviously this is not the ng
to post such things. But thankyou for the pointer. Tinypic is really
nice for those who don't have access to binary newsgroups.
  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 09:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:24:13 -0500, ~patches~
wrote:

Thanks William. I tried that and was shot down by the cabal or whatever
you want to call it and reinforced by the tolerated trolls. I figure,
why bother? Personally, I like the idea of seeing a food someone cooked
especially when accompanied by a recipe. Obviously this is not the ng
to post such things. But thankyou for the pointer. Tinypic is really
nice for those who don't have access to binary newsgroups.


Get an account with Yahoo, and you can post all the pictures you'd
like, and it's free!

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-12-2005, 09:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~
 
Posts: n/a
Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:24:13 -0500, ~patches~
wrote:


Thanks William. I tried that and was shot down by the cabal or whatever
you want to call it and reinforced by the tolerated trolls. I figure,
why bother? Personally, I like the idea of seeing a food someone cooked
especially when accompanied by a recipe. Obviously this is not the ng
to post such things. But thankyou for the pointer. Tinypic is really
nice for those who don't have access to binary newsgroups.



Get an account with Yahoo, and you can post all the pictures you'd
like, and it's free!

Carol



Speaking as an *imbicile* exactly what difference would it make if I
used tinypic or yahoo? Either way it is posting pic links to a ng that
does not appreciate pics of food. Go figure. A newsgroup dedicated to
yipping about food doesn't like food pics. Honestly thanks for the tip
but it isn't worth my while.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here's A Simple, Step-By-Step, Social Media Marketing Course That CANand WILL Increase Your Sales, Leads & Recruitment By 300% to 500%, In Less Reginald Alston General Cooking 0 31-05-2012 07:02 PM
New Website for Sumitting Recipes with Step by Step Photo Instructions Cooking MaMa[_2_] Recipes 1 07-02-2008 11:11 PM
New Website for Submitting Recipes with Step by Step Photo Instruction Cooking MaMa General Cooking 1 07-02-2008 03:38 PM
Step By Step Fruittart recipe [email protected] Recipes 0 01-03-2006 10:14 AM
Step-By-Step Making Port? StarrFarms1 Winemaking 23 05-12-2003 06:09 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017