Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Default Post your Recipes - with step by step photos

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:34:07 -0800, sf > wrote:
>

>>Yahoo and the like is ok, but first you have to know where to find
>>that a particular person's pictures and after you get there the viewer
>>has to sift through a lot of chaff to get to the wheat, if you know
>>what I mean.

> Huh? Do you have problems trying to view my pictures on Yahoo?
>
> Carol

Actually, yes sometimes yahoo won't load then other times it is ****y.
On a good day I can view your pics.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 02:23:26 +0000, "MoM" > wrote:

> Great pictures, Carol! I wouldn't use fruitcake mix myself
> because I don't like peel except fresh or citron but just
> use cherries and pineapple.

Thanks! I won't be using the mix with my next batch. This was a
decent recipe, but I actually grew up with dark fruitcake. I'm in the
process of reclaiming it. Next month ...

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

Why do you think a banner advertisement should not be considered an
integral part of a web site?

I got theh free ring tone as part of a "log in" screen when I clicked
on a legitimate link. I wouldn't call it a banner and I can't call it
a popup and it's a BIG concern because it looked like a legitimate part
of the web page. Banner/popups are often carriers of something bad
that will attack unwary users when they click on them (I know because I
spent many days deleting big time trojans from an auxiliary computer in
my house that is for "kids" use). I use a HOSTS file on my personal
computer at home, so I don't usually need to think about those things,
but the computer I'm using now isn't protected by one. Maybe your
computer is protected by a decent HOSTS file - so that's why you don't
care. Most people don't even know what a HOSTS file is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

~patches~ wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>
>> ~patches~ > looking for trouble wrote in
>> :

>>> Google. Sorry, I've taken enough flack over this issue and never
>>> tagged the posts in question and right now just don't feel like going
>>> back to find all of them. There were a few. I think it is rather
>>> funny that pics are accepted though one source but not another but
>>> right now it makes no never minds as it saves me the hassel of
>>> posting anyway

>> The may be a misconception regarding RFC. RFC is a non binary
>> newsgroup so posting binaries to this group is a no-no. Posting a
>> link is perfectly acceptable AFAIK. ABF is a binaries group where
>> people post the actual pics of the food that they have cooked. I think
>> maybe the confusion you might be having is non-binary vs. binary
>> newsgroups.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> No Michael, at no time did I post an actual pic to this newsgroup. The
> only thing I posted was links where one could if they so chose to click
> on see the pics. So there was no confusion on my part. I've been
> around usenet long enough to know the difference between binary and
> non-binary. The uproar was regarding the posting of links to tinypic
> links to pics of food I cooked and wanted to share. According to some
> here, posting of links to pics is *not* acceptable so I have refrained
> from doing so.

I read that entire thread, and I do not remember anyone saying this.
Link please?

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:00:02 GMT, sarah bennett
> wrote:

> ~patches~ wrote:
> >>

> > No Michael, at no time did I post an actual pic to this newsgroup. The
> > only thing I posted was links where one could if they so chose to click
> > on see the pics. So there was no confusion on my part. I've been
> > around usenet long enough to know the difference between binary and
> > non-binary. The uproar was regarding the posting of links to tinypic
> > links to pics of food I cooked and wanted to share. According to some
> > here, posting of links to pics is *not* acceptable so I have refrained
> > from doing so.

> I read that entire thread, and I do not remember anyone saying this.
> Link please?

One word. Sheldon.

I liked the pictures, and so did a lot of other people. Someone has a
martyr complex.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

LOL! No way, woman. I'm just saying that I like that web site.

sf
<backing away slowly with hands up>

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

I like the fruitcake mix... but that's me.

I'm a fruitcake.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:00:02 GMT, sarah bennett
> > wrote:
>

>>~patches~ wrote:
>>
>>>No Michael, at no time did I post an actual pic to this newsgroup. The
>>>only thing I posted was links where one could if they so chose to click
>>>on see the pics. So there was no confusion on my part. I've been
>>>around usenet long enough to know the difference between binary and
>>>non-binary. The uproar was regarding the posting of links to tinypic
>>>links to pics of food I cooked and wanted to share. According to some
>>>here, posting of links to pics is *not* acceptable so I have refrained
>>>from doing so.

>>I read that entire thread, and I do not remember anyone saying this.
>>Link please?

> One word. Sheldon.
>
> I liked the pictures, and so did a lot of other people. Someone has a
> martyr complex.
>
> Carol

Ok, I remember Sheldon making fun of her pictures, but I tend to skim
his posts

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:23:49 GMT, sarah bennett
> wrote:

> Ok, I remember Sheldon making fun of her pictures, but I tend to skim
> his posts

But Sheldon doesn't represent the group.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:23:49 GMT, sarah bennett
> > wrote:
>

>>Ok, I remember Sheldon making fun of her pictures, but I tend to skim
>>his posts

> But Sheldon doesn't represent the group.
>
> Carol

eggzactly!
I love pics of food. tbh, a.b.f. is the reason I paid for a separate
news account when I had dial up More fun than cookbooks, because its
*real* food!

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:29:03 GMT, sarah bennett
> wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 04:23:49 GMT, sarah bennett
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>Ok, I remember Sheldon making fun of her pictures, but I tend to skim
> >>his posts

> > But Sheldon doesn't represent the group.

> eggzactly!
> I love pics of food. tbh, a.b.f. is the reason I paid for a separate
> news account when I had dial up More fun than cookbooks, because its
> *real* food!

I have individual.net, so I can't view the binary groups. So I
appreciate the pictures that people post here.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

> I love pics of food. tbh, a.b.f. is the reason I paid for a separate
> news account when I had dial up More fun than cookbooks, because its
> *real* food!
>
> --
>
> saerah

Confirming:
Is that alt.binaries.food?

Thanks,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> > I love pics of food. tbh, a.b.f. is the reason I paid for a separate
> > news account when I had dial up More fun than cookbooks, because its
> > *real* food!
> >
> > --
> >
> > saerah

> Confirming:
> Is that alt.binaries.food?
>
> Thanks,
> Dee Dee

Yes it is! Come join us, we're friendly!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Dee Randall wrote:
>>I love pics of food. tbh, a.b.f. is the reason I paid for a separate
>>news account when I had dial up More fun than cookbooks, because its
>>*real* food!
>>
>>--
>>
>>saerah

> Confirming:
> Is that alt.binaries.food?
>
> Thanks,
> Dee Dee

yes.

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Default User

~patches~ wrote:

> Default User wrote:

> Try googling with my nic and see if you uncover any of the
> controversy.

The only thing I find is that apparently Sheldumb the Idiot had nasty
things to say about the images themselves. Why would listen to him?

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg

sf wrote:

> Honestly, that isn't a valid excuse. My mother died on Sunday (I was
> with her) and her memorial is tomorrow, but hopefully I haven't made a
> big deal out of my pain or made anyone here unhappy due to my level of
> personal stress.

My condolences. All the best to you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 14 Dec 2005 06:40:07p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:21:36 -0500, ~patches~
> > wrote:
>
>> Right now we are going through a very hellish time and we have a
>> funeral tomorrow and, well you know the list goes on.

> Honestly, that isn't a valid excuse. My mother died on Sunday (I was
> with her) and her memorial is tomorrow, but hopefully I haven't made a
> big deal out of my pain or made anyone here unhappy due to my level of
> personal stress.

Oh, Barbara, I didn't know this. I am sincerely sorry for your loss. I
think the loss of one's mother is particularly devastating, at least it was
for me. My thoughts are with you.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
S'mee

One time on Usenet, sfpipeline_at_gmail_dot_com said:
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:21:36 -0500, ~patches~
> > wrote:
>
> > Right now we are going through a very hellish time and
> >we have a funeral tomorrow and, well you know the list goes on.

> Honestly, that isn't a valid excuse. My mother died on Sunday (I was
> with her) and her memorial is tomorrow, but hopefully I haven't made a
> big deal out of my pain or made anyone here unhappy due to my level of
> personal stress.

Oh, Barbara -- I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You have my best
wishes...

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

biig wrote:

> ~patches~ wrote:
>
>>S'mee wrote:

>>>I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed...
>>>

>>Whatever, let it go, I have and I don't have a martyr complexs. I'm
>>ticked but I will get over it. Nuff said.

> Patches, I enjoyed your pics. There is no reason to stop posting the
> links. No one has to click on them....<smile>....Sharon

Thanks Sharon I enjoyed sharing them. I'm not one to enjoy
disharmony or insults so for now I'll refrain from posting links to pics
of food.

At the moment, I'm heavily into genealogy waiting eons for images to
load. The availabilty of the 1911 census online is wonderful but it is
only searchable by location so it is really slow going. Most of the sub
districts have 10 - 20 images, all that must be downloaded and painfully
read through I hate dial-up! While the images are loading, I
planning dinner and debating whether to make a few batches of cookies
for Christmas. I can't believe we are so close to the holidays! I'm
planning on making a batch or two of fudge later today for gift giving.
We don't eat fudge ourselves but I've been told the fudge I make is
quite good. We are supposed to visit friends tomorrow. They just moved
so I'm wondering what I can make as a home warming present. I'm leaning
towards homemade bread, jam, and a hot chocolate mix with nice mugs
tucked into a wicker basket and wrapped in tea towels.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> biig wrote:
>>
>> ~patches~ wrote:

>>>Whatever, let it go, I have and I don't have a martyr complexs. I'm
>>>ticked but I will get over it. Nuff said.

>> Patches, I enjoyed your pics. There is no reason to stop posting the
>> links. No one has to click on them....<smile>....Sharon

> Thanks Sharon I enjoyed sharing them. I'm not one to enjoy disharmony
> or insults so for now I'll refrain from posting links to pics of food.
>
> At the moment, I'm heavily into genealogy waiting eons for images to load.
> The availabilty of the 1911 census online is wonderful but it is only
> searchable by location so it is really slow going. Most of the sub
> districts have 10 - 20 images, all that must be downloaded and painfully
> read through I hate dial-up! While the images are loading, I planning
> dinner and debating whether to make a few batches of cookies for
> Christmas. I can't believe we are so close to the holidays! I'm planning
> on making a batch or two of fudge later today for gift giving. We don't
> eat fudge ourselves but I've been told the fudge I make is quite good. We
> are supposed to visit friends tomorrow. They just moved so I'm wondering
> what I can make as a home warming present. I'm leaning towards homemade
> bread, jam, and a hot chocolate mix with nice mugs tucked into a wicker
> basket and wrapped in tea towels.

Patches, do you have library on-line privileges where you are? (I can't
recall if you are in Canada or not.)
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Dee Randall wrote:

> "~patches~" > wrote in message
>
>>biig wrote:

>>> Patches, I enjoyed your pics. There is no reason to stop posting the
>>>links. No one has to click on them....<smile>....Sharon

>>Thanks Sharon I enjoyed sharing them. I'm not one to enjoy disharmony
>>or insults so for now I'll refrain from posting links to pics of food.
>>
>>At the moment, I'm heavily into genealogy waiting eons for images to load.
>>The availabilty of the 1911 census online is wonderful but it is only
>>searchable by location so it is really slow going. Most of the sub
>>districts have 10 - 20 images, all that must be downloaded and painfully
>>read through I hate dial-up! While the images are loading, I planning
>>dinner and debating whether to make a few batches of cookies for
>>Christmas. I can't believe we are so close to the holidays! I'm planning
>>on making a batch or two of fudge later today for gift giving. We don't
>>eat fudge ourselves but I've been told the fudge I make is quite good. We
>>are supposed to visit friends tomorrow. They just moved so I'm wondering
>>what I can make as a home warming present. I'm leaning towards homemade
>>bread, jam, and a hot chocolate mix with nice mugs tucked into a wicker
>>basket and wrapped in tea towels.

> Patches, do you have library on-line privileges where you are? (I can't
> recall if you are in Canada or not.)
> Dee Dee

Dee, I'm in Canada. I can download some images from the National
Archives which is really nice if I didn't have dial-up but still cheaper
than travelling. I finally got a sub to ancestry.com that I really like
too. It saves a lot of leg work but for what I'm doing I still need to
see the actual records. Still it saves the travel costs of narrowing
the sources down.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> Dee Randall wrote:

>>>Thanks Sharon I enjoyed sharing them. I'm not one to enjoy
>>>disharmony or insults so for now I'll refrain from posting links to pics
>>>of food.
>>>
>>>At the moment, I'm heavily into genealogy waiting eons for images to
>>>load. The availabilty of the 1911 census online is wonderful but it is
>>>only searchable by location so it is really slow going. Most of the sub
>>>districts have 10 - 20 images, all that must be downloaded and painfully
>>>read through I hate dial-up! While the images are loading, I
>>>planning dinner and debating whether to make a few batches of cookies for
>>>Christmas. I can't believe we are so close to the holidays! I'm
>>>planning on making a batch or two of fudge later today for gift giving.
>>>We don't eat fudge ourselves but I've been told the fudge I make is quite
>>>good. We are supposed to visit friends tomorrow. They just moved so I'm
>>>wondering what I can make as a home warming present. I'm leaning towards
>>>homemade bread, jam, and a hot chocolate mix with nice mugs tucked into a
>>>wicker basket and wrapped in tea towels.

>> Patches, do you have library on-line privileges where you are? (I can't
>> recall if you are in Canada or not.)
>> Dee Dee

> Dee, I'm in Canada. I can download some images from the National Archives
> which is really nice if I didn't have dial-up but still cheaper than
> travelling. I finally got a sub to ancestry.com that I really like too.
> It saves a lot of leg work but for what I'm doing I still need to see the
> actual records. Still it saves the travel costs of narrowing the sources
> down.

Your mentioning the 19911 census led me to wonder if you have access to
1910. Is your interest in the 1911 census just the fact that it is a
confirmation or you might be looking for someone that wasn't in the 1910
census?
Lots of libraries in the U.S. have access to Heritage Quest. It is free to
anyone with a library card signing up at the library and viewing at home. I
find the download many times faster than ancestry. Saving to desktop has
been many times faster for HQ than ancestry. I've been a subscriber for
many years now to ancestry. Both are good.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:38:10 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

> "~patches~" > wrote in message
> >
> > Dee, I'm in Canada. I can download some images from the National Archives
> > which is really nice if I didn't have dial-up but still cheaper than
> > travelling. I finally got a sub to ancestry.com that I really like too.
> > It saves a lot of leg work but for what I'm doing I still need to see the
> > actual records. Still it saves the travel costs of narrowing the sources
> > down.

> Your mentioning the 19911 census led me to wonder if you have access to
> 1910. Is your interest in the 1911 census just the fact that it is a
> confirmation or you might be looking for someone that wasn't in the 1910
> census?
> Lots of libraries in the U.S. have access to Heritage Quest. It is free to
> anyone with a library card signing up at the library and viewing at home. I
> find the download many times faster than ancestry. Saving to desktop has
> been many times faster for HQ than ancestry. I've been a subscriber for
> many years now to ancestry. Both are good.

Can you ladies please trim your posts? This was was 107 lines long!
Not trying to be a bitch, but this thing has gotten HUGE!

Thankee!
Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Dee Randall wrote:

> "~patches~" > wrote in message
>
>>Dee Randall wrote:

>>>Patches, do you have library on-line privileges where you are? (I can't
>>>recall if you are in Canada or not.)
>>>Dee Dee

>>Dee, I'm in Canada. I can download some images from the National Archives
>>which is really nice if I didn't have dial-up but still cheaper than
>>travelling. I finally got a sub to ancestry.com that I really like too.
>>It saves a lot of leg work but for what I'm doing I still need to see the
>>actual records. Still it saves the travel costs of narrowing the sources
>>down.

> Your mentioning the 19911 census led me to wonder if you have access to
> 1910. Is your interest in the 1911 census just the fact that it is a
> confirmation or you might be looking for someone that wasn't in the 1910
> census?
> Lots of libraries in the U.S. have access to Heritage Quest. It is free to
> anyone with a library card signing up at the library and viewing at home. I
> find the download many times faster than ancestry. Saving to desktop has
> been many times faster for HQ than ancestry. I've been a subscriber for
> many years now to ancestry. Both are good.
> Dee Dee

Dee, the 1911 census is for Canada not the US. Census records in
genealogy are important for determining where your ancestor was but
really they just provide a stepping stone, something many doing
genealogy don't understand. That is, while you can show someone was
living in a particular location at that time, you really can't take
things like the DOB as gosbel. I'm accessing the 1911 census through
the National Archives not Acestry but it is really slow going because it
isn't indexed by surname only location. I've been into this hard core
for numerous years and quite often travel througout North America and
Europe simply to get a tid bit of info or a pic. It's really nice there
are more images of actual records available online. I don't mind paying
for the info either. I like Ancestry. I've checked out Heritage but
only briefly so I best check it out again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig

~patches~ wrote:

> biig wrote:
> >
> > ~patches~ wrote:

> >>Whatever, let it go, I have and I don't have a martyr complexs. I'm
> >>ticked but I will get over it. Nuff said.

> > Patches, I enjoyed your pics. There is no reason to stop posting the
> > links. No one has to click on them....<smile>....Sharon

> Thanks Sharon I enjoyed sharing them. I'm not one to enjoy
> disharmony or insults so for now I'll refrain from posting links to pics
> of food.
>
> At the moment, I'm heavily into genealogy waiting eons for images to
> load. The availabilty of the 1911 census online is wonderful but it is
> only searchable by location so it is really slow going. Most of the sub
> districts have 10 - 20 images, all that must be downloaded and painfully
> read through I hate dial-up! While the images are loading, I
> planning dinner and debating whether to make a few batches of cookies
> for Christmas. I can't believe we are so close to the holidays! I'm
> planning on making a batch or two of fudge later today for gift giving.
> We don't eat fudge ourselves but I've been told the fudge I make is
> quite good. We are supposed to visit friends tomorrow. They just moved
> so I'm wondering what I can make as a home warming present. I'm leaning
> towards homemade bread, jam, and a hot chocolate mix with nice mugs
> tucked into a wicker basket and wrapped in tea towels.

Both sound good. Good luck with your genealogy. I haven't
worked on mine for a few years. Maybe since the 1911 census is
available, I'll get back on it.....Sharon
Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig

> >>The availabilty of the 1911 census online is wonderful but it is only
> >>searchable by location so it is really slow going. Most of the sub
> >>districts have 10 - 20 images, all that must be downloaded and painfully
> >>read through I hate dial-up! While the images are loading, I planning
> >>dinner and debating whether to make a few batches of cookies for
> >>Christmas. I can't believe we are so close to the holidays! I'm planning
> >>on making a batch or two of fudge later today for gift giving. We don't
> >>eat fudge ourselves but I've been told the fudge I make is quite good. We
> >>are supposed to visit friends tomorrow. They just moved so I'm wondering
> >>what I can make as a home warming present. I'm leaning towards homemade
> >>bread, jam, and a hot chocolate mix with nice mugs tucked into a wicker
> >>basket and wrapped in tea towels.

> > Patches, do you have library on-line privileges where you are? (I can't
> > recall if you are in Canada or not.)
> > Dee Dee
> >

> Dee, I'm in Canada. I can download some images from the National
> Archives which is really nice if I didn't have dial-up but still cheaper
> than travelling. I finally got a sub to ancestry.com that I really like
> too. It saves a lot of leg work but for what I'm doing I still need to
> see the actual records. Still it saves the travel costs of narrowing
> the sources down.

Patches, if you are near a city, the Latter Day Saints Church has a
family history centre (there's one in Chatham which I used frequently in
the past) that is open to all at no charge....Sharon
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:36:47 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:34:07 -0800, sf > wrote:
>
>> Yahoo and the like is ok, but first you have to know where to find
>> that a particular person's pictures and after you get there the viewer
>> has to sift through a lot of chaff to get to the wheat, if you know
>> what I mean.

>Huh? Do you have problems trying to view my pictures on Yahoo?

Not at all, but one needs to know the address first.

I like the idea of Googling for a website, which is what the visual
cooking site will be.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:15:12 -0500, ~patches~
> wrote:

>Default User wrote:
>>
>> Whaaat? Not tolerated by whom?
>>

> Google. Sorry, I've taken enough flack over this issue and never
>tagged the posts in question and right now just don't feel like going
>back to find all of them. There were a few. I think it is rather funny
>that pics are accepted though one source but not another but right now
>it makes no never minds as it saves me the hassel of posting anyway

You're having trouble uploading pictures *where* via google? I know
you've gotten flack for posting LINKS to pics here, but that practice
is well within the boundaries of rfc and the person/persons who
criticised you were completely out of line.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

sf wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:15:12 -0500, ~patches~
> > wrote:
>

>>Default User wrote:
>>
>>>Whaaat? Not tolerated by whom?
>>>

>> Google. Sorry, I've taken enough flack over this issue and never
>>tagged the posts in question and right now just don't feel like going
>>back to find all of them. There were a few. I think it is rather funny
>>that pics are accepted though one source but not another but right now
>>it makes no never minds as it saves me the hassel of posting anyway

> You're having trouble uploading pictures *where* via google? I know
> you've gotten flack for posting LINKS to pics here, but that practice
> is well within the boundaries of rfc and the person/persons who
> criticised you were completely out of line.

I was having a lot of trouble seeing pics on the yahoo website. The
flack was not very nice especially as I thought post only the links not
the actual pics was acceptable <shrug> Oh well, it frees up time for
cooking instead of picture taking.

BTW, the house smells wonderful! I've been holiday baking and right now
roast venison and potatoes are in the oven. I took pics of the roast
venison along the way for my own records. I'm making a spinach salad
and steamed carrots to go with the meal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob

~patches~ wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:15:12 -0500, ~patches~
>> > wrote:

>>> Google. Sorry, I've taken enough flack over this issue and never
>>> tagged the posts in question and right now just don't feel like going
>>> back to find all of them. There were a few. I think it is rather
>>> funny that pics are accepted though one source but not another but
>>> right now it makes no never minds as it saves me the hassel of
>>> posting anyway

>> You're having trouble uploading pictures *where* via google? I know
>> you've gotten flack for posting LINKS to pics here, but that practice
>> is well within the boundaries of rfc and the person/persons who
>> criticised you were completely out of line.

> I was having a lot of trouble seeing pics on the yahoo website. The
> flack was not very nice especially as I thought post only the links not
> the actual pics was acceptable <shrug> Oh well, it frees up time for
> cooking instead of picture taking.
>
> BTW, the house smells wonderful! I've been holiday baking and right now
> roast venison and potatoes are in the oven. I took pics of the roast
> venison along the way for my own records. I'm making a spinach salad
> and steamed carrots to go with the meal.

You sure are getting a lot of mileage outta that posting-links-to-pix
thing. I had a Buick like that once... but I digress...

Roast venison, potatoes, and spinach salad sounds pretty good. What
time will they be ready?

(BTW, Sheldoon and Projectile Vomit Chick don't speak for the group, and
AFAIK nobody takes their abusive and ridiculous opinions seriously)

Best regards,
Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

zxcvbob wrote:
> ~patches~ wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:15:12 -0500, ~patches~

>>> You're having trouble uploading pictures *where* via google? I know
>>> you've gotten flack for posting LINKS to pics here, but that practice
>>> is well within the boundaries of rfc and the person/persons who
>>> criticised you were completely out of line.

>> I was having a lot of trouble seeing pics on the yahoo website. The
>> flack was not very nice especially as I thought post only the links
>> not the actual pics was acceptable

and that is entirely correct.

>><shrug> Oh well, it frees up time
>> for cooking instead of picture taking.
>>
>> BTW, the house smells wonderful! I've been holiday baking and right
>> now roast venison and potatoes are in the oven. I took pics of the
>> roast venison along the way for my own records. I'm making a spinach
>> salad and steamed carrots to go with the meal.

> You sure are getting a lot of mileage outta that posting-links-to-pix
> thing. I had a Buick like that once... but I digress...
>
> Roast venison, potatoes, and spinach salad sounds pretty good. What
> time will they be ready?
>
> (BTW, Sheldoon and Projectile Vomit Chick don't speak for the group, and
> AFAIK nobody takes their abusive and ridiculous opinions seriously)

ditto.

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza