Old 16-12-2005, 01:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Phred

Default How should I keep noodles hot for a buffet?

In article , Goomba38 wrote:
Phred wrote:

I've seen recipes where washing *spag* in cold water after cooking is
part of the process to stop the stuff glugging. At the time, I sort
of thought it *might* get warmed enough for eating when you stirred in
the hot bol sauce. But now I'm wondering if it was just used when the
spag was intended for serving cold with salad etc. [All of which is
probably irrelevant for noodles. %-) ]

Possibly for salads, but totally inhumane and unncessary when done to
perfectly good otherwise pasta being served hot.

While not wishing to set a new USENET precedent, I think I agree.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Old 16-12-2005, 01:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Phred" wrote

While not wishing to set a new USENET precedent, I think I agree.

Oh no, not a NEW precedent. (smile)

nancy

Buffet Ophelia[_11_] General Cooking 1 25-12-2013 05:44 AM
A Buffet idea Damaeus[_3_] General Cooking 61 21-02-2011 04:37 PM
Buffet Nancree General Cooking 1 03-10-2004 05:52 AM
Peddler's Hot and Spicy Noodles (Dandan Noodles) Nicholas Zhou Recipes (moderated) 0 08-11-2003 02:28 PM