Posted to rec.food.cooking
News Groups

Default Stoneware and water baths

Hi all.....got a question here.

I have some stoneware loaf pans that I would like to use to make my fruit
cakes in this Christmas.
The recipe I use is an old family recipe (calls for lining the pans with
brown paper!!) and it says that
the fruit cake needs to bake in a water bath. My question is, has anyone
used stone ware with a water
bath before? I surely do not want to ruin my stoneware but I'm not quite
sure what would happen if I
didn't put the cakes in a water bath to bake.

Help!!!????

Thanks!
Pat

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter Aitken

"News Groups" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hi all.....got a question here.
>
> I have some stoneware loaf pans that I would like to use to make my fruit
> cakes in this Christmas.
> The recipe I use is an old family recipe (calls for lining the pans with
> brown paper!!) and it says that
> the fruit cake needs to bake in a water bath. My question is, has anyone
> used stone ware with a water
> bath before? I surely do not want to ruin my stoneware but I'm not quite
> sure what would happen if I
> didn't put the cakes in a water bath to bake.
>
> Help!!!????
>
> Thanks!
> Pat

Stoneware is really tough stuff. It will do just fine in a water bath.

--
Peter Aitken

Posted to rec.food.cooking
News Groups