Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kathy in NZ

Default roast pork

I bought a rolled roast of pork yesterday, intending to rotisserie it
on the barbecue, but then the weather improved drastically and we
ended up with an ordinary barbecue last night (posted yesterday).
Today the weather has been a bit dismal, slightly drizzly late
afternoon, so the pork roast's time had come.

The raw roast, just a small one to feed two plus leftovers, rubbed
with fresh rosemary, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.

http://tinypic.com/ic7hfo.jpg

the barbecued rotisseried roast, cooked, crackled over a gas flame,
ready to carve

http://tinypic.com/ic7hpc.jpg

And the plated meal, my meal sans carrots. I like onions, my husband
doesn't. He likes carrots, I don't. I cook both. Yes there was gravy,
which I hadn't poured on when this pic was taken.

http://tinypic.com/ic7j83.jpg

I didn't eat it all. We always cook too many spuds, and I didn't eat
all my meat or crackling either. But the meat will be good in
sandwiches tomorrow. I was going to use it in a fried rice but we've
been invited out to dinner. No pics of tomorrow night's meal, which
will be the local Thai restaurant <grin>

Kathy in NZ

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
(Kathy in NZ) wrote:

> I bought a rolled roast of pork yesterday, intending to rotisserie it
> on the barbecue, but then the weather improved drastically and we
> ended up with an ordinary barbecue last night (posted yesterday).
> Today the weather has been a bit dismal, slightly drizzly late
> afternoon, so the pork roast's time had come.
>
> The raw roast, just a small one to feed two plus leftovers, rubbed
> with fresh rosemary, olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.

http://tinypic.com/ic7hfo.jpg

> the barbecued rotisseried roast, cooked, crackled over a gas flame,
> ready to carve
>
> http://tinypic.com/ic7hpc.jpg
>
> And the plated meal, my meal sans carrots. I like onions, my husband
> doesn't. He likes carrots, I don't. I cook both. Yes there was gravy,
> which I hadn't poured on when this pic was taken.
>
> http://tinypic.com/ic7j83.jpg
>
> I didn't eat it all. We always cook too many spuds, and I didn't eat
> all my meat or crackling either. But the meat will be good in
> sandwiches tomorrow. I was going to use it in a fried rice but we've
> been invited out to dinner. No pics of tomorrow night's meal, which
> will be the local Thai restaurant <grin>
>
> Kathy in NZ

All looks good! ;-d

Well done!
--
Om.

Roast pork? [email protected][_2_] General Cooking 38 10-04-2016 01:20 AM
Pork roast elaich General Cooking 22 13-10-2008 03:44 AM
Best pork roast ever Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 21 16-05-2006 06:39 PM
My Pork Roast :-) Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 58 17-11-2004 05:38 AM
pork roast JD General Cooking 5 24-10-2004 12:04 AM