Posted to rec.food.cooking
ilduco

Default pasta machine

Any advice on which are good brands to buy and which to avoid for
electric pasta makers?
I want to spend less than $500.
Many thanks.
Les

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article .com>,
"ilduco" > wrote:

> Any advice on which are good brands to buy and which to avoid for
> electric pasta makers?
> I want to spend less than $500.
> Many thanks.
> Les

$150 will get you an Atlas with a motor attachment, I'll bet. I don't
have the motorized dealie but do have pictures on my website of the
Atlas in action. It's not an extrusion type. (They generally have a
bad rep.) Might check the Sam I Am tab - "Someone's in the Kitchen
with Babi" is the note title.

IME, an extruder is trickier to for success. The "dough" has to be
really really stiff - mixed in a food processor and barely holding
together. I think durum flour makes a difference in the extruder type,
too.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-6-05, Skyline Aglow - the 35mm picture

Posted to rec.food.cooking
PastaLover

ilduco wrote:
> Any advice on which are good brands to buy and which to avoid for
> electric pasta makers?
> I want to spend less than $500.
> Many thanks.
> Les

Sorry Les, but I bought a hand crank one. I just don't use one enough to
justify an electric.

Is that website still around where you can rate various products you've
bought? Maybe they'd have something on electric pasta makers?

I'm having a brain lapse... can't for the life of me remember the name
of the site...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

http://www.chefdepot.net/kitchensmallwares4.htm

I have the handcrank Atlas and like it very much. At the above site,
they sale the electric Atlas for $125.00

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Max

kevnbro wrote:
> http://www.chefdepot.net/kitchensmallwares4.htm
>
> I have the handcrank Atlas and like it very much. At the above site, they sale the electric Atlas for $125.00

I like it too. FYI, the Atlas 150 pasta maker (hand-crank) had
something to do with the creation of this newsgroup in 1982. (Detailed
in past postings.) Electric motor optional. Used in both professional
and home kitchens, by the way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Syssi

"kevnbro" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> http://www.chefdepot.net/kitchensmallwares4.htm
>
> I have the handcrank Atlas and like it very much. At the above site,
> they sale the electric Atlas for $125.00

I have 2. A manual Atlas that I paid $ 50 many, many years ago and I have a
Ron Popeil electric one that has 24 different shaped dies. I think you can
still pick up the Ron Popeil electric one for less than $ 200.
--
Syssi