Posted to rec.food.cooking
serene

Default Comfort food, of a sort

So James and I were locked out of our house in the bitter cold for
seven hours. It was not a fun evening.

Cooking helps my mood, and I figured it would also warm up the house
and me, too. But I have no onions, and it's hard to cook when you're
me and there are no onions. So I went hunting for something with
onions already in it, and found two boxes of chicken chili. I sliced
black olives and mixed them in with the chili, and put that mixture in
a buttered casserole dish. Topped it with some polenta I made (added
chili powder, goat cheese, and butter to the polenta). Baked it for a
half hour. Very, very yummy. I feel a lot better now. (Partly because
I cried on my partners, partly because I'm warming up, partly because
I cooked, and partly because I'm finally in my ****ing house.)

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger

Serene wrote:

> So James and I were locked out of our house in the bitter cold for
> seven hours. It was not a fun evening.
>
> Cooking helps my mood, and I figured it would also warm up the house
> and me, too. But I have no onions, and it's hard to cook when you're
> me and there are no onions. So I went hunting for something with
> onions already in it, and found two boxes of chicken chili. I sliced
> black olives and mixed them in with the chili, and put that mixture in
> a buttered casserole dish. Topped it with some polenta I made (added
> chili powder, goat cheese, and butter to the polenta). Baked it for a
> half hour. Very, very yummy. I feel a lot better now. (Partly because
> I cried on my partners, partly because I'm warming up, partly because
> I cooked, and partly because I'm finally in my ****ing house.)

Sounds pretty good! I made a corn pudding last night; maybe I'll combine
that with turkey chili when I get home, making a feeble imitation of your
meal. :-)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney

On 3 Dec 2005 03:26:01 -0600, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Serene wrote:
>
>> So James and I were locked out of our house in the bitter cold for
>> seven hours. It was not a fun evening.
>>
>> Cooking helps my mood, and I figured it would also warm up the house
>> and me, too. But I have no onions, and it's hard to cook when you're
>> me and there are no onions. So I went hunting for something with
>> onions already in it, and found two boxes of chicken chili. I sliced
>> black olives and mixed them in with the chili, and put that mixture in
>> a buttered casserole dish. Topped it with some polenta I made (added
>> chili powder, goat cheese, and butter to the polenta). Baked it for a
>> half hour. Very, very yummy. I feel a lot better now. (Partly because
>> I cried on my partners, partly because I'm warming up, partly because
>> I cooked, and partly because I'm finally in my ****ing house.)

>Sounds pretty good! I made a corn pudding last night; maybe I'll combine
>that with turkey chili when I get home, making a feeble imitation of your
>meal. :-)
>
>Bob

And I just made turkey gumbo, with leftover turkey and andouille...
The smells are driving me nuts right now, it smells sooo good. I have
to let it cook a bit longer though....

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking
rosie

And I just made turkey gumbo, with leftover turkey and andouille...
The smells are driving me nuts right now, it smells sooo good. I have
to let it cook a bit longer though....

Christine

I think the good things you can make with turkey LOs are even better
than thre oriigional turkey dinner.
Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:

> serene > looking for trouble wrote in
> :
>
> > So James and I were locked out of our house in the bitter cold for
> > seven hours. It was not a fun evening.
> >
> > Cooking helps my mood, and I figured it would also warm up the house
> > and me, too. But I have no onions, and it's hard to cook when you're
> > me and there are no onions. So I went hunting for something with
> > onions already in it, and found two boxes of chicken chili. I sliced
> > black olives and mixed them in with the chili, and put that mixture in
> > a buttered casserole dish. Topped it with some polenta I made (added
> > chili powder, goat cheese, and butter to the polenta). Baked it for a
> > half hour. Very, very yummy. I feel a lot better now. (Partly because
> > I cried on my partners, partly because I'm warming up, partly because
> > I cooked, and partly because I'm finally in my ****ing house.)
> >
> > serene

> I'm sorry you had such a miserable evening although you dinner sounds
> interesting. I have to ask; what was with the lock out? And 7 hours? I
> would have just broken a window out, not caring the alarm would go off and
> the police would be here in seconds.
>
> Michael

y'all need to hide a spare key. ;-)

Seriously!