Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Default Bryant Park

Two current Rangers tonight and as lovely as anybody I have met of late.

They are Holweg and Strudwick, or something like that. Each signed a
Ranger puck.

I will try to get Ranger practice pucks from now on. They cost a
fraction of what the game pucks do and you cannot really read the
autographs in any case.

I guess you cannot get my email in the Far East, but that does not matter.

Did Fei Fei say that my little package came. It contained Lunqvist's
pucks and perhaps some cookies. I really do not remember.

They have something strange next week,

> Dec. 7 United Spinal Rangers Demonstrate Sled Hockey

and nobody knows what that will be. Some Rangers from the Sled Team
will be there and I hope that I will be, too.

I hope all is well with you and that you will be home for Christmas
and Hanukkah. Both on December 25th.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Sorry, I did it again. This was meant as a private email to a friend,
who has nothing to do with rfc. Please, forgive me. My bad. (
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob (this one)

Margaret Suran wrote:
> Sorry, I did it again. This was meant as a private email to a friend,
> who has nothing to do with rfc. Please, forgive me. My bad. (

I hope that is the very worst thing to befall us for the next six months.

Nah. Make it a year...

Pastorio
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Bob (this one) wrote:
> Margaret Suran wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I did it again. This was meant as a private email to a friend,
>> who has nothing to do with rfc. Please, forgive me. My bad. (

> I hope that is the very worst thing to befall us for the next six months.
>
> Nah. Make it a year...
>
> Pastorio

Bob (this one), it is so embarrassing. I could feel the blood rushing
to my face when I saw that someone (you) was reacting to my
stupidity and would make me feel like the fool I am. (

At least you are being kind. Thank you, M
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob (this one)

Margaret Suran wrote:

> Bob (this one) wrote:
>
>> Margaret Suran wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, I did it again. This was meant as a private email to a
>>> friend, who has nothing to do with rfc. Please, forgive me. My bad.
>>> (

>> I hope that is the very worst thing to befall us for the next six months.
>>
>> Nah. Make it a year...
>>
>> Pastorio

> Bob (this one), it is so embarrassing. I could feel the blood rushing
> to my face when I saw that someone (you) was reacting to my stupidity
> and would make me feel like the fool I am. (
>
> At least you are being kind. Thank you, M

Margaret, I'm reacting to your embarrassment at doing something that
every one of us has done - many of us, repeatedly. Like me, for example.
My comment was to offer a sense of perspective. It's a tiny, tiny, tiny
error in the scheme of things; a victimless crime that is truly no
crime. A trifle. A mere bagatelle (I've always wanted to write that
somewhere and now I have the chance.)

My wish is that this should be the worst thing to befall us. And if that
happens, life will be good, indeed, because everything else "bad" will
be even smaller.

Not to be embarrassed. You're judging yourself much too harshly. It's
just another example of your endearing charm. You're wonderfully human.

Pastorio

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
"Bob (this one)" > wrote:

> Margaret Suran wrote:
>
> > Bob (this one) wrote:

> My wish is that this should be the worst thing to befall us. And if that
> happens, life will be good, indeed, because everything else "bad" will
> be even smaller.
>
> Not to be embarrassed. You're judging yourself much too harshly. It's
> just another example of your endearing charm. You're wonderfully human.
>
> Pastorio

Yeah, and among her myriad friends, Johnny Walker is her best friend.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-28-05 - Sam I Am! and Hello
Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "Bob (this one)" > wrote:
>
>> Margaret Suran wrote:
>>
>>> Bob (this one) wrote:

>> My wish is that this should be the worst thing to befall us. And if
>> that happens, life will be good, indeed, because everything else
>> "bad" will be even smaller.
>>
>> Not to be embarrassed. You're judging yourself much too harshly. It's
>> just another example of your endearing charm. You're wonderfully
>> human.
>>
>> Pastorio

> Yeah, and among her myriad friends, Johnny Walker is her best friend.

Would that be Johnny Walker in red, white or zinfandel? <G>

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 30 Nov 2005 06:38:31p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
Suran?

> Bob (this one) wrote:
>> Margaret Suran wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, I did it again. This was meant as a private email to a friend,
>>> who has nothing to do with rfc. Please, forgive me. My bad. (

>> I hope that is the very worst thing to befall us for the next six

months.

>> Nah. Make it a year...
>>
>> Pastorio

> Bob (this one), it is so embarrassing. I could feel the blood rushing
> to my face when I saw that someone (you) was reacting to my
> stupidity and would make me feel like the fool I am. (

Margaret, you are nobody's fool! And noone here thinks so. We all make
little mistakes like that at times.

> At least you are being kind. Thank you, M

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >,

> >> My wish is that this should be the worst thing to befall us. And if
> >> that happens, life will be good, indeed, because everything else
> >> "bad" will be even smaller.
> >>
> >> Not to be embarrassed. You're judging yourself much too harshly. It's
> >> just another example of your endearing charm. You're wonderfully
> >> human.
> >>
> >> Pastorio

> > Yeah, and among her myriad friends, Johnny Walker is her best friend.

> Would that be Johnny Walker in red, white or zinfandel? <G>
>
> Jill

Is zinfandel like brocade? Damask? Peau de soie?
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-28-05 - Sam I Am! and Hello
Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>>> Yeah, and among her myriad friends, Johnny Walker is her best
>>> friend.

>> Would that be Johnny Walker in red, white or zinfandel? <G>
>>
>> Jill

> Is zinfandel like brocade? Damask? Peau de soie?

Brocade, of course

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob (this one)

jmcquown wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>>In article >,

>>>Would that be Johnny Walker in red, white or zinfandel? <G>
>>>

>>Is zinfandel like brocade? Damask? Peau de soie?

> Brocade, of course

More like stockade with this bunch...

Pastorio
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

jmcquown wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>>In article >,

>>>Would that be Johnny Walker in red, white or zinfandel? <G>
>>>
>>>Jill

>>Is zinfandel like brocade? Damask? Peau de soie?

> Brocade, of course

No, sorry to disagree. I would say it is most like Velvet. )
Posted to rec.food.cooking
S'mee

One time on Usenet, Margaret Suran > said:

> Bob (this one) wrote:
> > Margaret Suran wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry, I did it again. This was meant as a private email to a friend,
> >> who has nothing to do with rfc. Please, forgive me. My bad. (

> > I hope that is the very worst thing to befall us for the next six months.
> >
> > Nah. Make it a year...
> >
> > Pastorio

> Bob (this one), it is so embarrassing. I could feel the blood rushing
> to my face when I saw that someone (you) was reacting to my
> stupidity and would make me feel like the fool I am. (

Please don't feel like a fool, dear Margaret -- every single one of us
has done the same thing and often much worse. I waive my right not to
get into specifics on the last part... ;-)

> At least you are being kind. Thank you, M

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> every single one of us has done the same thing
> and often much worse.

I wrote a horribly angry email about someone, to send to a friend. I
typed in the person's name as the subject and then sent it -- noticing
seconds later that I'd put the name in the EMAIL ADDRESS field, and had
in fact sent this little diatribe to the person it was about. . . .

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
Margaret Suran > wrote:

> >>Is zinfandel like brocade? Damask? Peau de soie?

> > Brocade, of course
> >

> No, sorry to disagree. I would say it is most like Velvet. )

OMG!! ROTFL!
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-28-05 - Sam I Am! and Hello

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

>>> Brocade, of course
>>>

>> No, sorry to disagree. I would say it is most like Velvet. )

> OMG!! ROTFL!

) Margaret wins the prize!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Gifford

"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message

> Thank you, Pluto. Still, it was embarrassing, not because of the
> contents of the letter, but because I showed the world what a hopeless
> imbecile I am. This is the third or fourth time I have done it.

Margaret, please do not talk like that about yourself. You are neither an
imbecile nor a fool. You are a kind and intelligent woman. In short, a
sweetheart. The post in question, whether it was meant for us or not, was
charming!

Charlie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Charles Gifford wrote:
> "Margaret Suran" > wrote in message
>

>>Thank you, Pluto. Still, it was embarrassing, not because of the
>>contents of the letter, but because I showed the world what a hopeless
>>imbecile I am. This is the third or fourth time I have done it.

> Margaret, please do not talk like that about yourself. You are neither an
> imbecile nor a fool. You are a kind and intelligent woman. In short, a
> sweetheart. The post in question, whether it was meant for us or not, was
> charming!
>
> Charlie

Thank you, Charlie. You always know the right thing to say. )
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

wrote:

>>>I wrote a horribly angry email about someone, to send to a friend. I
>>>typed in the person's name as the subject and then sent it -- noticing
>>>seconds later that I'd put the name in the EMAIL ADDRESS field, and had
>>>in fact sent this little diatribe to the person it was about. . . .
>>>

>>Thank you, Pluto. Still, it was embarrassing, not because of the
>>contents of the letter, but because I showed the world what a hopeless
>>imbecile I am. This is the third or fourth time I have done it.

> Ten times is the charm. Then we have a party! :-)

Uh, Could we have the party right now, please?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

jmcquown wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>>In article >,

>>>My wish is that this should be the worst thing to befall us. And if
>>>that happens, life will be good, indeed, because everything else
>>>"bad" will be even smaller.
>>>
>>>Not to be embarrassed. You're judging yourself much too harshly. It's
>>>just another example of your endearing charm. You're wonderfully
>>>human.
>>>
>>>Pastorio

>>Yeah, and among her myriad friends, Johnny Walker is her best friend.

> Would that be Johnny Walker in red, white or zinfandel? <G>
>
> Jill

Barbara teased me so heartlessly when she found out I like to drink
Scotch once in a while, I went back to drinking only wine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Bob (this one) wrote:
> Margaret Suran wrote:

> Margaret, I'm reacting to your embarrassment at doing something that
> every one of us has done - many of us, repeatedly. Like me, for example.
> My comment was to offer a sense of perspective. It's a tiny, tiny, tiny
> error in the scheme of things; a victimless crime that is truly no
> crime. A trifle. A mere bagatelle (I've always wanted to write that
> somewhere and now I have the chance.)
>
> My wish is that this should be the worst thing to befall us. And if that
> happens, life will be good, indeed, because everything else "bad" will
> be even smaller.
>
> Not to be embarrassed. You're judging yourself much too harshly. It's
> just another example of your endearing charm. You're wonderfully human.
>
> Pastorio

Yes, the work Bagatelle is nice. I don't remember ever using it
myself, but I will try to find a way to sneak it into another post,
one of these days.

Thank you. Let's hope that this is the end of it. )
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:49:55p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
Suran?

wrote:

>>>Thank you, Pluto. Still, it was embarrassing, not because of the
>>>contents of the letter, but because I showed the world what a hopeless
>>>imbecile I am. This is the third or fourth time I have done it.

>> Ten times is the charm. Then we have a party! :-)
>>

> Uh, Could we have the party right now, please?

Uh, how much wine do we need?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:49:55p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
> Suran?

>>>Ten times is the charm. Then we have a party! :-)
>>>

>>Uh, Could we have the party right now, please?
>>

> Uh, how much wine do we need?

I have a case of DuBoeuf 2003 Moulin A Vent, just bought after I tried
a couple of bottles and found them to be really good for a table wine.

I have at least three dozen other assorted reds and whites, but no
Champagne, as I like my drinks to be dead and not jump around in my
mouth.

Gin, Rum, Vodka, three different kinds of Scotch and some liqueurs are
available. Also Brandy and Cognac.

I am out of Sherry and Port, as nobody drinks it here. I do have
Slivovitz.

If Barbara will join us, I will run out and get some TaB. )

This will be enough for the two of us, right?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> > On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:49:55p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
> > Suran?

> >>Uh, Could we have the party right now, please?
> >>

> > Uh, how much wine do we need?
> >

> I have a case of DuBoeuf 2003 Moulin A Vent, just bought after I tried
> a couple of bottles and found them to be really good for a table wine.
>
> I have at least three dozen other assorted reds and whites, but no
> Champagne, as I like my drinks to be dead and not jump around in my
> mouth.
>
> Gin, Rum, Vodka, three different kinds of Scotch and some liqueurs are
> available. Also Brandy and Cognac.
>
> I am out of Sherry and Port, as nobody drinks it here. I do have
> Slivovitz.
>
> If Barbara will join us, I will run out and get some TaB. )
>
> This will be enough for the two of us, right?

Nope, now there's 3! LOL.

kili < who drinks like a fish and loves Port.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 02 Dec 2005 05:24:47a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
Suran?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:49:55p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
>> Suran?

>>>Uh, Could we have the party right now, please?
>>>

>> Uh, how much wine do we need?
>>

> I have a case of DuBoeuf 2003 Moulin A Vent, just bought after I tried
> a couple of bottles and found them to be really good for a table wine.
>
> I have at least three dozen other assorted reds and whites, but no
> Champagne, as I like my drinks to be dead and not jump around in my
> mouth.
>
> Gin, Rum, Vodka, three different kinds of Scotch and some liqueurs are
> available. Also Brandy and Cognac.
>
> I am out of Sherry and Port, as nobody drinks it here. I do have
> Slivovitz.
>
> If Barbara will join us, I will run out and get some TaB. )
>
> This will be enough for the two of us, right?

I *think* we can manage. :-) I will stop along the way for the hors
d'oeuvres and something more substantial for later. A good time will be
had by all. I just hope we can remember it. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Fri 02 Dec 2005 05:24:47a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
> Margaret Suran?
>

>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:49:55p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>>> Margaret Suran?

>>> Uh, how much wine do we need?
>>>

>> I have a case of DuBoeuf 2003 Moulin A Vent, just bought after I
>> tried a couple of bottles and found them to be really good for a
>> table wine.
>>
>> I have at least three dozen other assorted reds and whites, but no
>> Champagne, as I like my drinks to be dead and not jump around in my
>> mouth.
>>
>> Gin, Rum, Vodka, three different kinds of Scotch and some liqueurs
>> are available. Also Brandy and Cognac.
>>
>> I am out of Sherry and Port, as nobody drinks it here. I do have
>> Slivovitz.
>>
>> If Barbara will join us, I will run out and get some TaB. )
>>
>> This will be enough for the two of us, right?
>>

> I *think* we can manage. :-) I will stop along the way for the hors
> d'oeuvres and something more substantial for later. A good time will
> be had by all. I just hope we can remember it. :-)

I'll toss in a couple gallon jugs of Carlo 'n' Rossi sangria. But I
really think we should take a limo to the racetrack!

--
Andy
http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 02 Dec 2005 06:09:19a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Andy?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Fri 02 Dec 2005 05:24:47a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>> Margaret Suran?

>>> I have a case of DuBoeuf 2003 Moulin A Vent, just bought after I
>>> tried a couple of bottles and found them to be really good for a
>>> table wine.
>>>
>>> I have at least three dozen other assorted reds and whites, but no
>>> Champagne, as I like my drinks to be dead and not jump around in my
>>> mouth.
>>>
>>> Gin, Rum, Vodka, three different kinds of Scotch and some liqueurs
>>> are available. Also Brandy and Cognac.
>>>
>>> I am out of Sherry and Port, as nobody drinks it here. I do have
>>> Slivovitz.
>>>
>>> If Barbara will join us, I will run out and get some TaB. )
>>>
>>> This will be enough for the two of us, right?
>>>

>> I *think* we can manage. :-) I will stop along the way for the hors
>> d'oeuvres and something more substantial for later. A good time will
>> be had by all. I just hope we can remember it. :-)

> I'll toss in a couple gallon jugs of Carlo 'n' Rossi sangria. But I
> really think we should take a limo to the racetrack!

Do you think we can actually get everything into the limo? Well, I suppose
a really long stretch.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Fri 02 Dec 2005 06:09:19a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Andy?
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri 02 Dec 2005 05:24:47a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>>> Margaret Suran?

>>> I *think* we can manage. :-) I will stop along the way for the hors
>>> d'oeuvres and something more substantial for later. A good time
>>> will be had by all. I just hope we can remember it. :-)

>> I'll toss in a couple gallon jugs of Carlo 'n' Rossi sangria. But I
>> really think we should take a limo to the racetrack!

> Do you think we can actually get everything into the limo? Well, I
> suppose a really long stretch.

"And they're coming down the final stretch and it's 'Limo Bean'..."

--
Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Fri 02 Dec 2005 06:09:19a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Andy?
>

>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>

>>>On Fri 02 Dec 2005 05:24:47a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>>>Margaret Suran?

>>>I *think* we can manage. :-) I will stop along the way for the hors
>>>d'oeuvres and something more substantial for later. A good time will
>>>be had by all. I just hope we can remember it. :-)

>>I'll toss in a couple gallon jugs of Carlo 'n' Rossi sangria. But I
>>really think we should take a limo to the racetrack!

> Do you think we can actually get everything into the limo? Well, I suppose
> a really long stretch.

I am making broth from the carcass and wings of the late Thanksgiving
Turkey. This stupid bird lasted a really long time. The carcass has
been in the freezer for a while. It was only eleven pounds and I gave
away the drumsticks to my next door neighbor, Laura.

How did you guys get rid of the left-overs? I had no problem this
year. Marcel wanted sliced turkey with all the trimmings four days in
a row, as long as the white meat lasted. I had few trimmings,
cranberry sauce, mushroom/rice outside the bird stuffing, Kasha
Varnishkes, when I found out from an rfc post, that this was a dish
present at the original Thanksgiving Feast, mashed potatoes (I made
them when I ran out of the rice after the third dinner) and gravy.

Boy, am I glad no more turkey until next year!

Andy, you are most welcome to join Wayne and me.

I have to go now, M

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> > I have a case of DuBoeuf 2003 Moulin A Vent, just bought after I tried
> > a couple of bottles and found them to be really good for a table wine.
> >
> > I have at least three dozen other assorted reds and whites, but no
> > Champagne, as I like my drinks to be dead and not jump around in my
> > mouth.
> >
> > Gin, Rum, Vodka, three different kinds of Scotch and some liqueurs are
> > available. Also Brandy and Cognac.
> >
> > I am out of Sherry and Port, as nobody drinks it here. I do have
> > Slivovitz.
> >
> > If Barbara will join us, I will run out and get some TaB. )
> >
> > This will be enough for the two of us, right?
> >

> I *think* we can manage. :-) I will stop along the way for the hors
> d'oeuvres and something more substantial for later. A good time will be
> had by all. I just hope we can remember it. :-)

Heh. Have camera, will snap.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-1-05, Oodles of Noodles

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 02 Dec 2005 07:32:06a, Margaret Suran wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I am making broth from the carcass and wings of the late Thanksgiving
> Turkey. This stupid bird lasted a really long time. The carcass has
> been in the freezer for a while. It was only eleven pounds and I gave
> away the drumsticks to my next door neighbor, Laura.
>
> How did you guys get rid of the left-overs? I had no problem this
> year. Marcel wanted sliced turkey with all the trimmings four days in
> a row, as long as the white meat lasted. I had few trimmings,
> cranberry sauce, mushroom/rice outside the bird stuffing, Kasha
> Varnishkes, when I found out from an rfc post, that this was a dish
> present at the original Thanksgiving Feast, mashed potatoes (I made
> them when I ran out of the rice after the third dinner) and gravy.
>
> Boy, am I glad no more turkey until next year!
>
> Andy, you are most welcome to join Wayne and me.
>
> I have to go now, M

We had only a turkey breast, but I don't eat turkey after the first day, so
David is still eating turkey. :-) I made extra cornbread dressing because I
like it as leftovers. The same with the candied yams and cranberry sauce.
Everything else is gone, fortunately. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Fri 02 Dec 2005 07:32:06a, Margaret Suran wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

> We had only a turkey breast, but I don't eat turkey after the first day, so
> David is still eating turkey. :-) I made extra cornbread dressing because I
> like it as leftovers. The same with the candied yams and cranberry sauce.
> Everything else is gone, fortunately. :-)

Today I took the carcass out of the freezer, added the wings that I
had frozen, too and got ready to make Turkey Stock.

I cut up all the root vegetables I had bought, carrot, parsnip,
turnip, onion, also celery and parsley and after coarsely chopping
everything, I browned the vegetables in the soup pot. Then I added
water and the bones and wings and simmered everything. After a couple
of hours I removed the wings, as they had a lot of meat on them,
enough to add it to a can of Cream Of Mushroom soup and frozen peas
and serve it over boiled rice. Marcel loves that dish.

I simmered the rest for another hour or more, than removed the pot
from the stove and put it in the sink to cool off. I must admit, that
the broth or stock was really good, even if there was not much more
than about a quart of the rich liquid.

Then I went to get busy with some paper work and do some other start
of the month things.

When I thought that the broth was cool enough to chill in the
refrigerator or in the freezer, I went into the kitchen and to my
utter horror, found the cover of the pot pushed off and Tandoora in
the sink with her head in the pot, drinking the soup and liking her
face and paws, as she stuck all these into the pot.

I didn't bother to yell at her. She looked so funny and she was
having such a good time. I carried her out of the kitchen, cleaned
her off and threw out to contents of the pot, after saving a couple of
ounces of the liquid for Tandoora.

I should have listened to Barbara. She warned me about making stock
from the carcass, telling me that it makes no sense and is just a lot
of work, with seldom a happy ending. How right she was. Next time I
will listen to her.

I am glad there will be no turkey until next year.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 02 Dec 2005 03:34:59p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
Suran?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Fri 02 Dec 2005 07:32:06a, Margaret Suran wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>

>> We had only a turkey breast, but I don't eat turkey after the first
>> day, so David is still eating turkey. :-) I made extra cornbread
>> dressing because I like it as leftovers. The same with the candied
>> yams and cranberry sauce. Everything else is gone, fortunately. :-)
>>

> Today I took the carcass out of the freezer, added the wings that I
> had frozen, too and got ready to make Turkey Stock.
>
> I cut up all the root vegetables I had bought, carrot, parsnip,
> turnip, onion, also celery and parsley and after coarsely chopping
> everything, I browned the vegetables in the soup pot. Then I added
> water and the bones and wings and simmered everything. After a couple
> of hours I removed the wings, as they had a lot of meat on them,
> enough to add it to a can of Cream Of Mushroom soup and frozen peas
> and serve it over boiled rice. Marcel loves that dish.
>
> I simmered the rest for another hour or more, than removed the pot
> from the stove and put it in the sink to cool off. I must admit, that
> the broth or stock was really good, even if there was not much more
> than about a quart of the rich liquid.
>
> Then I went to get busy with some paper work and do some other start
> of the month things.
>
> When I thought that the broth was cool enough to chill in the
> refrigerator or in the freezer, I went into the kitchen and to my
> utter horror, found the cover of the pot pushed off and Tandoora in
> the sink with her head in the pot, drinking the soup and liking her
> face and paws, as she stuck all these into the pot.
>
> I didn't bother to yell at her. She looked so funny and she was
> having such a good time. I carried her out of the kitchen, cleaned
> her off and threw out to contents of the pot, after saving a couple of
> ounces of the liquid for Tandoora.
>
> I should have listened to Barbara. She warned me about making stock
> from the carcass, telling me that it makes no sense and is just a lot
> of work, with seldom a happy ending. How right she was. Next time I
> will listen to her.
>
> I am glad there will be no turkey until next year.

I bet the look on your face was priceless, and I am sure that Tandoora was
a very grateful recipient. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

kilikini wrote:
> "Margaret Suran" > wrote in message

>>This will be enough for the two of us, right?

> Nope, now there's 3! LOL.
>
> kili < who drinks like a fish and loves Port.

That makes it four. Wayne, Andy and you and I am ordering a nice,
tawny Port for you. )
Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 05:19:56 -0500, Margaret Suran
> connected the dots and wrote:

~
~
~kilikini wrote:
~> "Margaret Suran" > wrote in message
~
~>>
~>>This will be enough for the two of us, right?
~>
~>
~> Nope, now there's 3! LOL.
~>
~> kili < who drinks like a fish and loves Port.
~>
~>
~
~That makes it four. Wayne, Andy and you and I am ordering a nice,
~tawny Port for you. )

May I come too? I don't drink much, but I will teach you to like my
roasted tomatoes, along with a number of other savories to add to
Wayne's hors d'ouevres.

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:32:06 -0500, Margaret Suran

~Wayne Boatwright wrote:
~> On Fri 02 Dec 2005 06:09:19a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
Andy?
~>
~>
~>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
~>>
~>>
~>>>On Fri 02 Dec 2005 05:24:47a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
~>>>Margaret Suran?
~>>>
~>>>
~>>>>
~>>>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
~>>>>
~>>>>>On Thu 01 Dec 2005 07:49:55p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
~>>>>>Margaret Suran?
~>>>>
~>>>>
~>>>>>>>
~>>>>>>>Ten times is the charm. Then we have a party! :-)
~>>>>>>>
~>>>>>>
~>>>>>>Uh, Could we have the party right now, please?
~>>>>>>
~>>>>>
~>>>>>
~>>>>>Uh, how much wine do we need?
~>>>>>
~>>>>>
~>>>>
[...]

Paul helps to make short work of the turkey by making sandwiches as
long as it lasts. I packaged up many sandwich-sized portions for the
freezer, along with one drumstick, which he will eat when he gets the
urge to be "manly" in a caveman sort of way.

He had to carve the rest of the meat off the carcass since while I was
removing the other half of the breast, the knife slipped and sliced my
finger. It's finally stopped oozing today.

They ate kasha in Plymouth in the 1600's? I didn't know that!

maxine, off to Boston
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Fri 02 Dec 2005 03:34:59p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
> Suran?
>

>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>>On Fri 02 Dec 2005 07:32:06a, Margaret Suran wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>>

>>>We had only a turkey breast, but I don't eat turkey after the first
>>>day, so David is still eating turkey. :-) I made extra cornbread
>>>dressing because I like it as leftovers. The same with the candied
>>>yams and cranberry sauce. Everything else is gone, fortunately. :-)
>>>

>>Today I took the carcass out of the freezer, added the wings that I
>>had frozen, too and got ready to make Turkey Stock.

snippage

>>When I thought that the broth was cool enough to chill in the
>>refrigerator or in the freezer, I went into the kitchen and to my
>>utter horror, found the cover of the pot pushed off and Tandoora in
>>the sink with her head in the pot, drinking the soup and liking her
>>face and paws, as she stuck all these into the pot.
>>
>>I didn't bother to yell at her. She looked so funny and she was
>>having such a good time. I carried her out of the kitchen, cleaned
>>her off and threw out to contents of the pot, after saving a couple of
>>ounces of the liquid for Tandoora.
>>
>>I should have listened to Barbara. She warned me about making stock
>>from the carcass, telling me that it makes no sense and is just a lot
>>of work, with seldom a happy ending. How right she was. Next time I
>>will listen to her.
>>
>>I am glad there will be no turkey until next year.

> I bet the look on your face was priceless, and I am sure that Tandoora was
> a very grateful recipient. :-)

I don't know about the look on my face, but Tandoora looked like the
cat that swallowed the Turkey Broth. )