Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gas BBQ Rotisserie'd Turkey advice

Hi All,

For years and years I've done the Thanksgiving turkey on my charcoal
Weber. Alas, my Weber is now gone. I have instead, a shiny 48" GE
Monogram gas grill with a infra red rotisserie.

It will handle a 16lb turkey no problem, but I am not sure how hoigh to
set the heat and what sort of a benchmark to use for time. I usually do
a roasting chicken 4-5 lbs for about an hour on high, but my feeling is
with a larger turkey the heat should be lower and the per pound time is
what?

On my Weber it was eay, indirect heat and 10 minutes per pound.

Any help?