Posted to rec.food.cooking
Miki

Default Kitchen aid question from italy

Hi, my name is miki and i'm gonna buy an european model for your
Kitchen aid.
i can choose btw two models the only imported for us.
The KSM150 called artisan and the 5K45SS the classic one.
There is a little difference btw the power maybe 50watts and a little
difference about the bowl capacity but there is a big difference about
the price.
in fact the 5K45SS is in a special offer.
Do u think that for a home user like me the power gap will be so
important ??
I use to mix for bread and homemade pasta but for pastry too...

Ty in advance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dimitri

"Miki" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi, my name is miki and i'm gonna buy an european model for your
> Kitchen aid.
> i can choose btw two models the only imported for us.
> The KSM150 called artisan and the 5K45SS the classic one.
> There is a little difference btw the power maybe 50watts and a little
> difference about the bowl capacity but there is a big difference about
> the price.
> in fact the 5K45SS is in a special offer.
> Do u think that for a home user like me the power gap will be so
> important ??
> I use to mix for bread and homemade pasta but for pastry too...
>
> Ty in advance.

There is no correct answer.

If you are going to use the machine all the time then purchase all the power you
can afford. If it is like may other gadgets that sit in a cupboard and are
seldom used then it does not matter.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking
deepeddygirl

Miki wrote:

> Hi, my name is miki and i'm gonna buy an european model for your
> Kitchen aid.
> i can choose btw two models the only imported for us.
> The KSM150 called artisan and the 5K45SS the classic one.
> There is a little difference btw the power maybe 50watts and a little
> difference about the bowl capacity but there is a big difference about
> the price.
> in fact the 5K45SS is in a special offer.
> Do u think that for a home user like me the power gap will be so
> important ??
> I use to mix for bread and homemade pasta but for pastry too...
>
> Ty in advance.

I would spend the extra money. I had a small one and ended up burning
out the motor kneading bread dough. I'm glad I upgraded. I miss the
tilt-back feature on my smaller mixer though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Miki

What about the KitchenAid K5SSWH Heavy Duty 5-Quart Mixer??

Posted to rec.food.cooking
deepeddygirl

That looks like the one I've got - only mine is green. I *love* my mixer.

I see that Amazon has this mixer for $229. Wow! I'm sure I paid over
$300 for mine. I'm pretty sure I ordered mine from Williams Sonoma
because at the time, they were one of the only retailers that sold the
KitchenAid mixers in colors other than white.

Good luck!