Posted to rec.food.cooking
AL

Default Crawfish for breakfast !

Mmmm good! I had fresh coffee, scrambled eggs with chili paste and steamed
crawfish for breakfast this morning!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Skookum

Sounds scrumptious. A telling blow against the tyranny of traditional
North American boring breakfasts. A few years ago I used to stay at a
the waterfront centre hotel in Vancouver which had a (bloody expensive)
buffet breakfast. Off to one side was an area intended for Japanese
guests and it featured barbecued salmon as well as rice and the like. I
used to pile up scrambled eggs in the "Anglo" section and then add some
nice sockeye. Yummers!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"AL" > wrote in message
> Mmmm good! I had fresh coffee, scrambled eggs with chili paste and
> steamed crawfish for breakfast this morning!

Wow, I wish I had your constitution. I don't even want to look at
eggs first thing in the morning, never mind crawfish!

Well, okay, I had quiche.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
> "AL" > wrote in message
>> Mmmm good! I had fresh coffee, scrambled eggs with chili paste and
>> steamed crawfish for breakfast this morning!

> Wow, I wish I had your constitution. I don't even want to look at
> eggs first thing in the morning, never mind crawfish!
>
> Well, okay, I had quiche.
>
> nancy

LOL! Quiche is eggs! Dang, I have a pie crust in the freezer. I could
make spinach quiche for dinner!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"jmcquown" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>> "AL" > wrote in message
>>> Mmmm good! I had fresh coffee, scrambled eggs with chili paste and
>>> steamed crawfish for breakfast this morning!

>> Wow, I wish I had your constitution. I don't even want to look at
>> eggs first thing in the morning, never mind crawfish!
>>
>> Well, okay, I had quiche.
>>
>> nancy

> LOL! Quiche is eggs!

That's why I said, Well, okay, you knucklehead!

> Dang, I have a pie crust in the freezer. I could
> make spinach quiche for dinner!

There you go.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Ohco

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:37:11 -0600, jmcquown wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>> "AL" > wrote in message
>>> Mmmm good! I had fresh coffee, scrambled eggs with chili paste and
>>> steamed crawfish for breakfast this morning!

>> Wow, I wish I had your constitution. I don't even want to look at
>> eggs first thing in the morning, never mind crawfish!
>>
>> Well, okay, I had quiche.
>>
>> nancy

>LOL! Quiche is eggs! Dang, I have a pie crust in the freezer. I could
>make spinach quiche for dinner!
>
>Jill

OHHH Crawfish quiche. Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Pan Ohco" > wrote

> On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:37:11 -0600, jmcquown wrote:
>
>>Nancy Young wrote:
>>>
>>> Wow, I wish I had your constitution. I don't even want to look at
>>> eggs first thing in the morning, never mind crawfish!
>>>
>>> Well, okay, I had quiche.

>>LOL! Quiche is eggs! Dang, I have a pie crust in the freezer. I could
>>make spinach quiche for dinner!

> OHHH Crawfish quiche. Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.

Now, that sounds like a plan. Hmmm, I have extra crabmeat (I'm making
crab cakes for dinner), maybe I'll freeze it and have that at Christmas. Or
stuffed mushrooms, maybe ...

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Pan Ohco" > wrote

> >>LOL! Quiche is eggs! Dang, I have a pie crust in the freezer. I could
> >>make spinach quiche for dinner!

> > OHHH Crawfish quiche. Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.

> Now, that sounds like a plan. Hmmm, I have extra crabmeat (I'm making
> crab cakes for dinner), maybe I'll freeze it and have that at Christmas.

Or
> stuffed mushrooms, maybe ...
>
> nancy

Dang, you're making me wish I would have saved some crab, too! A Christmas
Crab Frittata sounds good. Wonder if eggs would bother me prepared that
way? I normally can't eat eggs; they give me a very heavy, almost nauseous
feeling that lasts all day and it's terrible because I love eggs! I crave
them!

Anyone else have this problem with eggs?

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking
EastneyEnder

Pan Ohco wrote:
> OHHH Crawfish quiche. Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.

Little known fact - the American crawfish (you know, those mudbugs that
infest the bayous) have somehow escaped into the English countryside and
adapted... possibly through escaped aquaria collections.

They are not only adapting but eating all our smaller native crawfish
(crayfish here) species. If you catch one of these big red monsters, you are
not legally allowed to throw it back.

So a few weeks ago, a friend turned up at my door with a dozen live
US-species UK-adapted crawfish, as a gift... caught in a Surrey pond.

Result.... I had 12 mini-lobsters in my shower cubicle for a few days as I
didn't have anywhere else to put them. Every time someone visited the
bathroom to relieve themselves, these thing would wake up and start
skittering around in there going "clack clack clack clack"... Those big
snapping claws gave one of my male friends quite a fright and connected
directly to an archetypal castration complex.

It was several days before I could pluck up the courage to murder them by
throwing them into boiling water, even though my trips to N'awlins have
taught me that they are better than prawns/shrimp.

My neighbour plied me with several bottles of South African white, and
finally, at about 3.30 am, I found the right time to cook them.

If someone could work out how to farm them here, I think they'd catch on,
but I'd probably be beheaded by AR activists before they'd had chance to
realise cold English mud is just as good as warm Louisianan.....

At least my male friend can now pee in comfort when he visits.

Sue
----------
Pendragon fancy rats & hamsters
Pendrake rabbits
Portsmouth, Hampshire, England UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Spitzmaus

kilikini wrote:

> Dang, you're making me wish I would have saved some crab, too! A

Christmas
> Crab Frittata sounds good. Wonder if eggs would bother me prepared that
> way? I normally can't eat eggs; they give me a very heavy, almost

nauseous
> feeling that lasts all day and it's terrible because I love eggs! I crave
> them!
>
> Anyone else have this problem with eggs?
>
> kili

Happily, no. Like you, I love eggs -- but unlike you, they like me.

And a Crab Frittata *does* sound good!! I'm not averse to
fish-as-breakfast-food at all, although many folks are. My mother used to
serve cod cakes with eggs on occasion, and I was the only sister who'd eat
the cod.

Spitz
--
"Home, James, and don't spare the horses!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article e.starr>,
EastneyEnder > wrote:

> Pan Ohco wrote:
> > OHHH Crawfish quiche. Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.

> Little known fact - the American crawfish (you know, those mudbugs that
> infest the bayous) have somehow escaped into the English countryside and
> adapted... possibly through escaped aquaria collections.
>
> They are not only adapting but eating all our smaller native crawfish
> (crayfish here) species. If you catch one of these big red monsters, you are
> not legally allowed to throw it back.
>
> So a few weeks ago, a friend turned up at my door with a dozen live
> US-species UK-adapted crawfish, as a gift... caught in a Surrey pond.
>
> Result.... I had 12 mini-lobsters in my shower cubicle for a few days as I
> didn't have anywhere else to put them. Every time someone visited the
> bathroom to relieve themselves, these thing would wake up and start
> skittering around in there going "clack clack clack clack"... Those big
> snapping claws gave one of my male friends quite a fright and connected
> directly to an archetypal castration complex.
>
> It was several days before I could pluck up the courage to murder them by
> throwing them into boiling water, even though my trips to N'awlins have
> taught me that they are better than prawns/shrimp.
>
> My neighbour plied me with several bottles of South African white, and
> finally, at about 3.30 am, I found the right time to cook them.
>
> If someone could work out how to farm them here, I think they'd catch on,
> but I'd probably be beheaded by AR activists before they'd had chance to
> realise cold English mud is just as good as warm Louisianan.....
>
> At least my male friend can now pee in comfort when he visits.
>
> Sue
> ----------
> Pendragon fancy rats & hamsters
> Pendrake rabbits
> Portsmouth, Hampshire, England UK

ROFL!

Great story, thanks! ;-D
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Ohco

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 17:39:37 -0500, Nancy Young wrote:

>> OHHH Crawfish quiche. Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.

>Now, that sounds like a plan. Hmmm, I have extra crabmeat (I'm making
>crab cakes for dinner), maybe I'll freeze it and have that at Christmas. Or
>stuffed mushrooms, maybe ...
>
>nancy

Here Nancy try mine for a start.

Crab Quiche

Pastry for a 9 in" pie (or deep dish frozen pie shell)
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp Tony Chachere’s ( or other creole spice mix)
½ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp All purpose flour
½ cup milk, (a little more wouldn’t hurt)
½ lb crab meat
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (about 8 oz.)
1/3 cup chopped green onions.

Line pie pan, (or quiche dish) with pastry. Trim, and prick bottom and
sides of pastry with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees for 3 minutes. Remove
from oven and prick again with a fork, and bake an additional five
minutes. Then remove the pie shell and lower the oven temp to 350
degrees.

Combine eggs, mayo, flour, milk, and seasoning, and mix thoroughly.
Stir in cheese and green onions.
Gently fold in crab. Pour the mixture into the pastry shell

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until set.
Let sit 10 minutes before serving.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Ohco

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:53:55 GMT, EastneyEnder wrote:

>Pan Ohco wrote:
>> OHHH Crawfish quiche. Christmas Eve or Christmas morning.

>Little known fact - the American crawfish (you know, those mudbugs that
>infest the bayous) have somehow escaped into the English countryside and
>adapted... possibly through escaped aquaria collections.

>If someone could work out how to farm them here, I think they'd catch on,
>but I'd probably be beheaded by AR activists before they'd had chance to
>realise cold English mud is just as good as warm Louisianan.....

Try here
http://www.agctr.lsu.edu/en/crops_li...ion+Manual.htm

Crawfish and Civiche (was: Hot Boiled Pho & Crawfish) Sqwertz General Cooking 46 23-06-2009 10:42 PM
Crawfish ntantiques General Cooking 2 17-06-2005 12:12 PM
Crawfish: What to do with precooked, whole crawfish DoctorK General Cooking 8 24-02-2004 04:50 PM