Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

Default Icky ad campaign

Just heard it now, had to back up to make sure I didn't
make it up ... Sing, Pop It, Squeeze It! Stir it up and Eat It.

Sorry if that didn't make me think of popcorn.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Just heard it now, had to back up to make sure I didn't
> make it up ... Sing, Pop It, Squeeze It! Stir it up and Eat It.
>
> Sorry if that didn't make me think of popcorn.
>
> nancy

What's it for?????

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"kilikini" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> Just heard it now, had to back up to make sure I didn't
>> make it up ... Sing, Pop It, Squeeze It! Stir it up and Eat It.
>>
>> Sorry if that didn't make me think of popcorn.

> What's it for?????

Jiffy popcorn! (laugh) sorry.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> >> Just heard it now, had to back up to make sure I didn't
> >> make it up ... Sing, Pop It, Squeeze It! Stir it up and Eat It.
> >>
> >> Sorry if that didn't make me think of popcorn.

> > What's it for?????

> Jiffy popcorn! (laugh) sorry.
>
> nancy

It sounds like a bad zit ad. ICK! Squeeze it? Who squeezes Jiffy Pop?

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Just heard it now, had to back up to make sure I didn't
> make it up ... Sing, Pop It, Squeeze It! Stir it up and Eat It.
>
> Sorry if that didn't make me think of popcorn.
>
> nancy

What did it make you think of?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Doug Kanter" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> Just heard it now, had to back up to make sure I didn't
>> make it up ... Sing, Pop It, Squeeze It! Stir it up and Eat It.
>>
>> Sorry if that didn't make me think of popcorn.

> What did it make you think of?

Unfortunate teenage skin.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
S'mee

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" > said:

> "Doug Kanter" > wrote
>
> > "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> >> Just heard it now, had to back up to make sure I didn't
> >> make it up ... Sing, Pop It, Squeeze It! Stir it up and Eat It.
> >>
> >> Sorry if that didn't make me think of popcorn.

> > What did it make you think of?

> Unfortunate teenage skin.

Yup, that's the reaction I had as well. The word "squeeze" brings
up other visual images, such as lemons, toothpaste tubes, and toilet
tissue ("Don't Squeeze the Charmin!"). But nope, not popcorn...

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"projectile vomit chick" > wrote

> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:59:58 -0500, in rec.food.cooking, "Nancy Young"
> > hit the crackpipe and declared:
>>Just heard it now, had to back up to make sure I didn't
>>make it up ... Sing, Pop It, Squeeze It! Stir it up and Eat It.
>>
>>Sorry if that didn't make me think of popcorn.

> how about the maxi-pad commercial that says "hey, if you're gonna sit
> on it, it should be comfortable!"
>
> ickkkkk

(laugh!) Yes, I did catch that one, that was another ... did I hear
that right?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:59:58 -0500, in rec.food.cooking, "Nancy Young"
> > hit the crackpipe and declared:
>>Just heard it now, had to back up to make sure I didn't
>>make it up ... Sing, Pop It, Squeeze It! Stir it up and Eat It.
>>
>>Sorry if that didn't make me think of popcorn.
>>
>>nancy
>>

> how about the maxi-pad commercial that says "hey, if you're gonna sit
> on it, it should be comfortable!"

Not to try and mutate this subject, but www.theonion.com occasionally
invents products - they're all a spoof, of course. Last year: Mentru-Lert
home menstruation test. On the box: "Red Means Yes - 99% Accurate!" The
"swab" looks like they put a marshmallow over the head of a toothbrush.