Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Sievers

Default Wide Cling Wrap

Does anyone know of a source for w-i-d-e cling wrap? I
can't find it any longer in our small-town grocery
stores...don't use it often, but it sure comes in handy for
covering large party trays and the like for transport in the
car or whatever. All I find is the 11-1/2 inch rolls (

Regards,
Ed S.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Ed Sievers" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a source for w-i-d-e cling wrap? I can't find it any
> longer in our small-town grocery stores...don't use it often, but it sure
> comes in handy for covering large party trays and the like for transport
> in the car or whatever. All I find is the 11-1/2 inch rolls (

Sounds like a job for Costco. Or a restaurant supply store.
Good luck!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Edwin Pawlowski

"Ed Sievers" > wrote in message

> Does anyone know of a source for w-i-d-e cling wrap? I can't find it any
> longer in our small-town grocery stores...

Bought mine at BJ's (like Costco and the like) and it is about 20" wide.
Sure lasts a long time on those big rolls.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
"Ed Sievers" > wrote:

> Does anyone know of a source for w-i-d-e cling wrap? I
> can't find it any longer in our small-town grocery
> stores...don't use it often, but it sure comes in handy for
> covering large party trays and the like for transport in the
> car or whatever. All I find is the 11-1/2 inch rolls (
>
> Regards,
> Ed S.

Fleet Farm or Sam's Club, I believe. A lifetime supply in one roll.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-9-05 finishing in four
parts the trip report from our vacation time in San Francisco
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester

Ed Sievers wrote:
> Does anyone know of a source for w-i-d-e cling wrap? I
> can't find it any longer in our small-town grocery
> stores...don't use it often, but it sure comes in handy for
> covering large party trays and the like for transport in the
> car or whatever. All I find is the 11-1/2 inch rolls (
>
> Regards,
> Ed S.

Restaurant supply stores.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"Ed Sievers" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a source for w-i-d-e cling wrap? I can't find it any
> longer in our small-town grocery stores...don't use it often, but it sure
> comes in handy for covering large party trays and the like for transport
> in the car or whatever. All I find is the 11-1/2 inch rolls (
>
> Regards,
> Ed S.

Costco has wide. I've used it for years.

For anyone who is interested, they are carrying a Kirkland brand of cling
wrap that has a cutter on it. It is safe. You don't have to jerk around to
get a piece cut off, and you don't have a bunch of it sticking to itself.
It is 11-7/8" though.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Sievers

Many thanks to all who responded. Looks like I will try
Sam's in Cheyenne the next trip down there to our "big
city", then a restaurant supply store ....... hopefully via
the 'net.

My first post to this site......lots and lots of neat stuff
here. Thanks again.
"Ed Sievers" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a source for w-i-d-e cling wrap? I
> can't find it any longer in our small-town grocery
> stores...don't use it often, but it sure comes in handy
> for covering large party trays and the like for transport
> in the car or whatever. All I find is the 11-1/2 inch
> rolls (
>
> Regards,
> Ed S.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy1

Ed Sievers wrote:
> Does anyone know of a source for w-i-d-e cling wrap? I
> can't find it any longer in our small-town grocery
> stores...don't use it often, but it sure comes in handy for
> covering large party trays and the like for transport in the
> car or whatever. All I find is the 11-1/2 inch rolls (
>
> Regards,
> Ed S.

I can get it at a restaurant supply warehouse - 2000 feet, 18" wide, in
a box with a cutter edge or without. LOL. The first one I had, about
the last 250 feet or so deteriorated and got all sticky in the box
(temperature of the room hadn't changed) ... I'm hoping the box I have
now won't do that.

N.