Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38

Default Foreman Grill Ideas

My son has been experimenting with cooking more, often with his frat
brothers (Delta Chi, lol).
He asked me to pick up one of those George Foreman type grills, which I
did. Now other than some marinated thin steaks and chicken breasts, what
other things do people like to cook on these things? Any hints or tips?
Goomba
Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Goomba38 > wrote:

> My son has been experimenting with cooking more, often with his frat
> brothers (Delta Chi, lol).
> He asked me to pick up one of those George Foreman type grills, which I
> did. Now other than some marinated thin steaks and chicken breasts, what
> other things do people like to cook on these things? Any hints or tips?
> Goomba

I cook ALL meat on mine, fish, chicken, steak, pork, turkey, etc. with a
variety of marinades. Lately I've discovered plain yellow mustard. ;-) I
use a Hamilton grill, same design only better. It has removable grills
and it's BIG!

I also grill sliced squash on it, as well as stuffed mushrooms. That
reminds me, I've got those portabellos to do... <G> Either plain white
button or portabello mushrooms work.

A lot of the fried junk foods such a cheese sticks, eggrolls, pita
pockets, etc. All can be cooked in those grills.

And don't forget grilled cheese (etc.) sandwiches. ;-)

I use that grill now more than I do the stove or microwave! Really!

Cheers!
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:49:02 -0500, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Now other than some marinated thin steaks and chicken breasts, what
>other things do people like to cook on these things? Any hints or tips?

Any boneless cut of chicken, pork, or beef, burgers, hot dogs, bacon,
sausage patties, grilled cheese, mushrooms and onions to top your
steak or burger, quesadillas (top a tortilla with salsa, cheese,
refried beans, etc., fold over and grill), sliced veggies (squash,
zucchini, par cooked white or sweet potatoes). You can reheat pizza
on it -- the top looks a bit strange but the crust recrisps nicely and
it all tastes good.

Place a soaking wet paper towel on the hot grill when you are done
cooking and much of the mess will steam off of the grill.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Tara > wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:49:02 -0500, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>
> >Now other than some marinated thin steaks and chicken breasts, what
> >other things do people like to cook on these things? Any hints or tips?

> Any boneless cut of chicken, pork, or beef, burgers, hot dogs, bacon,
> sausage patties, grilled cheese, mushrooms and onions to top your
> steak or burger, quesadillas (top a tortilla with salsa, cheese,
> refried beans, etc., fold over and grill), sliced veggies (squash,
> zucchini, par cooked white or sweet potatoes). You can reheat pizza
> on it -- the top looks a bit strange but the crust recrisps nicely and
> it all tastes good.
>
> Place a soaking wet paper towel on the hot grill when you are done
> cooking and much of the mess will steam off of the grill.
>
> Tara

I bought a big one with removable grills, so that is no longer an issue.
;-) I do find it's easier to clean it when it's hot tho'.
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Teri

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> My son has been experimenting with cooking more, often with his frat
> brothers (Delta Chi, lol).
> He asked me to pick up one of those George Foreman type grills, which I
> did. Now other than some marinated thin steaks and chicken breasts, what
> other things do people like to cook on these things? Any hints or tips?
> Goomba

panini sandwiches - quesadillas.
Teri

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brick

On 6-Nov-2005, Goomba38 > wrote:

> My son has been experimenting with cooking more, often with his frat
> brothers (Delta Chi, lol).
> He asked me to pick up one of those George Foreman type grills, which I
> did. Now other than some marinated thin steaks and chicken breasts, what
> other things do people like to cook on these things? Any hints or tips?
> Goomba

You gotta know that it's a bitch responding to somebody that don't know
how to cook.

French toast
bacon
breakfast sausage
pressed sandwiches
yellow squash
eggplant
ham
pork chops
brocolli
cauliflower

Do not do any kind of steak under penalty of death. George Forman can't
approach the kind of heat needed to seer a steak.

You gotta remember, you said Frathouse, 18 yr old jerks that shouldn't
be away from there mommas yet.

--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Goomba38 wrote:

> My son has been experimenting with cooking more, often with his frat
> brothers (Delta Chi, lol).
> He asked me to pick up one of those George Foreman type grills, which I
> did. Now other than some marinated thin steaks and chicken breasts, what
> other things do people like to cook on these things? Any hints or tips?
> Goomba

Goomba, I just bought a compact grill made by Proctor Silex for a DS's
Christmas present. This is very similar to the GF but smaller, just big
enough for 2 large hamburg patties. I did a google and will spend a bit
of time checking out the various links so that I can include a disc with
the urls to complete this gift. Here's the seach link for you. I
already checked the first one at recipegoldmine and some of the recipes
look pretty good.
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=
Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig

Tara wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 17:49:02 -0500, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>
> >Now other than some marinated thin steaks and chicken breasts, what
> >other things do people like to cook on these things? Any hints or tips?

> Any boneless cut of chicken, pork, or beef, burgers, hot dogs, bacon,
> sausage patties, grilled cheese, mushrooms and onions to top your
> steak or burger, quesadillas (top a tortilla with salsa, cheese,
> refried beans, etc., fold over and grill), sliced veggies (squash,
> zucchini, par cooked white or sweet potatoes). You can reheat pizza
> on it -- the top looks a bit strange but the crust recrisps nicely and
> it all tastes good.
>
> Place a soaking wet paper towel on the hot grill when you are done
> cooking and much of the mess will steam off of the grill.
>
> Tara

When I make biscuits, I use the grill. My dh likes the way it makes
grooves. go figure. I was messing around one night and experimented.
I like mine done in the oven so they raise properly, but a small thing
to make him happy....lol....Sharon