MurphAssoc

Default gallbladder friendly diet?

I have a friend coming to visit who has chronic problems with this and will
most likely wind up having surgery. In the meantime, does anyone have
suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not good,
but that is all I can come up with.
TIA
Judith

MurphAssoc > wrote:
> I have a friend coming to visit who has chronic problems with this and will
> most likely wind up having surgery. In the meantime, does anyone have
> suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not good,
> but that is all I can come up with.

You would be better off if you asked your guest what
his dietary preferences and restrictions are.

Vox Humana

"MurphAssoc" > wrote in message
> I have a friend coming to visit who has chronic problems with this and

will
> most likely wind up having surgery. In the meantime, does anyone have
> suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not

good,
> but that is all I can come up with.
> TIA

I think it is always best to consult with the guest about these things. Why
don't you just call them and ask what they can and can not eat?

Mama2EandJ

>In the meantime, does anyone have
>> suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not

>good,
>> but that is all I can come up with.
>> TIA

Ask the guest in question. I had my gall bladder out and we never could figure
out what foods (if any) precipitated an attack. At the end I was living on
Welch's grape juice popsicles and pretzels.

Vox Humana

"Mama2EandJ" > wrote in message
> >In the meantime, does anyone have
> >> suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is

not
> >good,
> >> but that is all I can come up with.
> >> TIA

> Ask the guest in question. I had my gall bladder out and we never could

figure
> out what foods (if any) precipitated an attack. At the end I was living on
> Welch's grape juice popsicles and pretzels.

You have to watch those pretzels. They can make you pass out. Buy the way,
I would be thrilled to have a houseguest who could only eat pretzels and
Popsicles.

Mama2EandJ

>> out what foods (if any) precipitated an attack. At the end I was living on
>> Welch's grape juice popsicles and pretzels.

>You have to watch those pretzels. They can make you pass out. Buy the way,
>I would be thrilled to have a houseguest who could only eat pretzels and
>Popsicles.

Thanks for the laugh! I chewed my pretzels so remained conscious. Oddly enough
I still like them and those popsicles.

Dimitri

"MurphAssoc" > wrote in message
> I have a friend coming to visit who has chronic problems with this and

will
> most likely wind up having surgery. In the meantime, does anyone have
> suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not

good,
> but that is all I can come up with.
> TIA
> Judith

Very low fat:

Dimitri

http://www.chiff.com/health/disease/gallbladder.htm

Many people have gallstones and don't even know it. Little stones made of
bile salts or cholesterol form in the gallbladder. Until they begin to block
ducts or irritate the gallbladder they cause no problems. If your gall
stones are acting up, these sites should help with symptoms and treatment
information, low-fat diets, and recipes...

Vox Humana

"Mama2EandJ" > wrote in message
> >> out what foods (if any) precipitated an attack. At the end I was living

on
> >> Welch's grape juice popsicles and pretzels.

> >You have to watch those pretzels. They can make you pass out. Buy the

way,
> >I would be thrilled to have a houseguest who could only eat pretzels and
> >Popsicles.

> Thanks for the laugh! I chewed my pretzels so remained conscious. Oddly

enough
> I still like them and those popsicles.

Our guest room is available for the rest of the summer. The MIL has
competed her yearly visit.

Puester

Mama2EandJ wrote:

> >In the meantime, does anyone have
> >> suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not

> >good,
> >> but that is all I can come up with.
> >> TIA

> Ask the guest in question. I had my gall bladder out and we never could figure
> out what foods (if any) precipitated an attack. At the end I was living on
> Welch's grape juice popsicles and pretzels.

I had a neighbor who spent the six weeks before
her surgery eating Rice Krispies with water for
every meal, or so she said. That was what
convinced her she should have it removed.

gloria p

Mama2EandJ

>> Thanks for the laugh! I chewed my pretzels so remained conscious. Oddly
>enough
>> I still like them and those popsicles.

>Our guest room is available for the rest of the summer. The MIL has
>competed her yearly visit.

OK...I will keep that in mind! LOL!!

MurphAssoc

thanks to all......did ask her and got some good ideas from you all as well.
so far so good,
JM
sd

In article t>,
Donna Rose > wrote:

> t's not only fried foods, but fat in any form as I understand it. I had
> two mouthfuls of ice cream which sent me to the hospital once when I
> still had my gallbladder - I wasn't aware of the fact that I had any
> problems with it - I had been asymptomatic up until then.

Ditto. Greasy meals (sausages/frankfurters, cheese-covered anything)
did quite a number on my gall bladder. I spent two weeks eating dry
chicken breasts, low-fat cereal with skim milk, vegetables (no butter)
and bread. Could have been worse, I suppose.

> Happily, when
> I left the hospital two days later, it was without my gallbladder and
> I've never had a problem since.

You got two days? Wow! They were practically pushing me out the door
before the anesthesia had worn off (why they tell you that you can't
drive yourself home). :-p

sd
Mama2EandJ

>Counsel your friend to go ahead and have the surgery, sooner rather than
>later. I suffered for many months with mine because I didn't want to have
>the surgery. As it turned out, there was less pain associated with the
>surgery than there was with just one of the attacks. I went in to the
>hospital one day and was released the next day. It makes no sense to wait,
>IMO.

The only person my surgeon "lost" during a gall bladder surgery was a man who
waited too long and then his gall bladder burst, so his abdominal cavity was
filled with the "junk" from the burst gall bladder which poisoned him. Don't
wait. The surgery is not that bad and is much less worse than just one attack.
Take it from one who knows.

Mama2EandJ