Old 07-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Mama2EandJ

Default gallbladder friendly diet?

Counsel your friend to go ahead and have the surgery, sooner rather than
later. I suffered for many months with mine because I didn't want to have
the surgery. As it turned out, there was less pain associated with the
surgery than there was with just one of the attacks. I went in to the
hospital one day and was released the next day. It makes no sense to wait,
IMO.

The only person my surgeon "lost" during a gall bladder surgery was a man who
waited too long and then his gall bladder burst, so his abdominal cavity was
filled with the "junk" from the burst gall bladder which poisoned him. Don't
wait. The surgery is not that bad and is much less worse than just one attack.
Take it from one who knows.