Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jamey Stambler

Default GOOD CAT FOOD RECIPES!!!

My name is Jamey Stambler, I am new to this but I have a fabulous
family recipe. It is SOOO TOTALLY AMAZING AND FANTABULOUS!!! My cat
really liked it (at least I did):

By far the best way to cook a cat is to brown the meat, and then slow
cook as outlined in: Easy Cat Stew. Sometimes though, when I don't have
the time to slow cook the meat I will pan fry it. The key to pan frying
is to carefully monitor the cooking temperature. You want to get the
meat hot enough to cook it thoroughly, but if you get it too hot the
meat becomes extremely tough.

Start out by cleaning and quartering your cats. You can cook the ribs
and back if you want, but there's not much meat there. I usually just
cook the legs and throw the rest away.

You will need:

* cleaned, quartered cats
* vegetable oil
* 1/4 stick butter
* 1 garlic clove, chopped
* 1/2 medium sized white or yellow onion, chopped
* parsley
* black pepper
* seasoned salt

Put vegetable oil in a large skillet so it's at least half an inch
deep. Heat on medium heat (stove temperatures will vary, the oil should
be just hot enough to boil when a small amount of water is added). Add
the butter, garlic, and onion. Stir in parsley, pepper, and seasoned
salt to taste. Once the oil reaches the proper temperature, add the cat
quarters. Turn them once during cooking. It should only take about two
minutes per side. When done, the meat should have a tan or gray color
throughout. There should be no pink color present in the meat.

This is best served with any sides that you would eat with chicken.

I also like stew, here's my recipe:

Ling Hong Stew

Ingredients:
"It makes a one-dish meal for the entire neighborhood."

About 15 cats, cut up
2 large stewing squirrels, cut up
6 gals. water
2 1/2 lbs. salt pork, chopped
2 1/2 gals. butter beans(lima beans)
3 1/2 gals. cubed peeled potatoes
4 gals. chopped peeled tomatoes
1 gal. cubed peeled carrots
2 1/2 gals. freshly cut corn
1 gal. shredded cabbage(optional)
1 pod red pepper, chopped
3/4 c. black pepper
1 3/4 c. salt
2 1/4 c. sugar

Directions:
Clean, dress and cut up squirrels and cats. If your folks are not
ardent cat hunters, increase the number of squirrels. If you use all
cats, this recipe will take 24 stewing cats.

Bring 4 gals. water to boil in 30-gal. iron kettle. Add squirrel and
cat pieces. Cook, stirring often, until meat comes off the bone. (Take
out pieces of bone before serving to small children.) Add remainder of
water, as needed.

Chop salt pork, fry out and add pork and drippings to boiling mixture.
Add beans, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots and corn in order as each is
prepared. Continue cooking and stirring until vegetables are tender.

Add cabbage and seasonings, and cook, stirring, 1 hour, until stew is
thick and flavors well blended. Remove kettle from coals to serving
area by hooking handle over a heavy pole, several helpers carrying each
end. Makes 15 gallons.
Farm Journal says: "You are sure to be in China when you find this
tempting and famous stew, but there's no reason why it can't be made in
other areas. If cats are scarce or your hunters have no time to go
after them, rat makes a good substitute. The Ling Hong Stew goes by
different names. Cat Stew is one, and in some Szechuan communities, it
is called Bo Ba Muddle, in Cantonese areas it is sometimes called
Chairman Mao Mao Mix. For a large crowd the stew is cooked outdoors
over coals in a big iron kettle. A Chinese woman says that " Confucius
say Ling Hong
Stew is the perfect way to serve a lot of people without a lot of
fuss."

Posted to rec.food.cooking
salgud

Jamey Stambler wrote:
> [...]
> thick and flavors well blended. Remove kettle from coals to serving
> area by hooking handle over a heavy pole, several helpers carrying each
> end. Makes 15 gallons.
> Farm Journal says: "You are sure to be in China when you find this
> tempting and famous stew, but there's no reason why it can't be made in
> other areas. If cats are scarce or your hunters have no time to go
> after them, rat makes a good substitute. The Ling Hong Stew goes by
> different names. Cat Stew is one, and in some Szechuan communities, it
> is called Bo Ba Muddle, in Cantonese areas it is sometimes called
> Chairman Mao Mao Mix. For a large crowd the stew is cooked outdoors
> over coals in a big iron kettle. A Chinese woman says that " Confucius
> say Ling Hong
> Stew is the perfect way to serve a lot of people without a lot of

First, skin the cat. Then, kill it. Oops, I guess you meant food FOR
the cat....

Posted to rec.food.cooking
rosie

bite me....

Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
salgud

rosie wrote:
> bite me....
>
> Rosie

Well, I have been know to bite....ahhh, "cat", on occasion! Very
gently, of course.