Brent

Default Wanted: Top Secret Recipes clone for Coconut Macaroons

There was a coconut macaroon recipe listed at
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com earlier this week, but it was replaced
with a KFC BBQ baked beans recipe before I could nab the macroon
recipe. Did anyone happen to grab it? Thanks!

--Brent
Sharon Alt

It's posted again.

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipes/clifbust.htm

"Brent" > wrote in message
om...
> There was a coconut macaroon recipe listed at
> http://www.topsecretrecipes.com earlier this week, but it was replaced
> with a KFC BBQ baked beans recipe before I could nab the macroon
> recipe. Did anyone happen to grab it? Thanks!
>
> --Brent

ConnieG999

Top Secret Recipes
version of
Cliff & Buster
Coconut Macaroons
by Todd Wilbur

While passing them out to each giddy audience member on her 2003
"Favorite Things" show, Oprah gushed, "Isn't that the best macaroon you've ever
had?" The recipe for the delicious, yet easy-to-clone, coconut macaroons was
passed down to Cliff Barsevich years ago from his grandmother, and they were
served at the events serviced by Cliff and partner Ron Strle's catering
business. When customers continued to rave about the cookies, the duo began
selling the macaroons by the box in high-end stores such as Neiman Marcus. With
a lot of help from The Oprah Winfrey Show, the cookies have become a huge
success. Still, at 15 bucks a dozen, it's nice to have a clone that will
satisfy your macaroon munchies at a fraction of the cost. It's the closest
we'll ever get to a homemade version since Cliff says he's not sharing the
recipe. He says when he dies he's taking the secret formula with him.

Macaroons
3 cups shredded coconut (about 8 ounces)
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon almond extract

Chocolate Ganache
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons heavy cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dump the shredded coconut into a large bowl.
3. Stir vanilla and almond extract into the condensed milk.
4. Drizzle the condensed milk over the coconut while tossing the coconut to
coat it thoroughly.
5. When the coconut and condensed milk are well-combined, use a 1 1/4-inch
sorbet scoop to mold the macaroons. Press the macaroon mixture firmly into the
scoop, then turn it out onto a sheet pan. Bake the macaroons for 12 to 15
minutes or until you see the top of the macaroons beginning to turn light
brown. Remove the macaroons from the oven and let them cool.
6. As the macaroons cool, resist the temptation to eat them. Instead, prepare
the chocolate ganache by combining the chocolate chips with the cream in a
small glass or ceramic cup or bowl. Microwave this on 50 percent power for 1
minute, then gently stir the chocolate. If the chocolate is not completely
melted after a couple minutes of stirring, microwave it again for another 30
seconds on half power and stir. Be careful not to overcook the chips or the
chocolate will seize up and your ganache will be grainy instead of smooth. If
that happens, start over. Sorry. Now you can have a macaroon.
7. When the chocolate is melted and smooth, pour it into a squirt bottle and
drizzle it in thin streams over each macaroon. Let the macaroons sit out for a
few hours. At a room temperature of 72 degrees the chocolate should set up in 3
or 4 hours. When the chocolate has set, store the macaroons in an airtight
container for up to 14 days at room temperature or for up to 4 weeks in the
fridge.

From: http://www.topsecretrecipes.com

Makes 20 macaroons.

Connie
My mind is like a steel...um, whatchamacallit.

byakee

One dark day on Usenet, (ConnieG999) quoted:

<snippage>

> From:
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com

> It's the closest
> we'll ever get to a homemade version since Cliff says he's not sharing the
> recipe. He says when he dies he's taking the secret formula with him.

*Grumble* What a rotten attitude. I know, I know, we've discussed
ad nauseum, but it still irritates the heck out of me when I hear
about "secret" family recipes. I can see not wanting to share when
you're making a living from it, but after he dies..?

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
(COLD to HOT for e-mail)

Q: Coconut Macaroons zxcvbob General Cooking 6 11-12-2007 08:11 PM
The coconut macaroons. Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 0 01-04-2007 04:55 AM
Coconut Macaroons 7Hawks Recipes 0 21-11-2004 04:36 PM
COCONUT MACAROONS sf General Cooking 11 13-08-2004 05:54 AM