Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Joneses

Default Honey Servers ?

http://www.rccons.com/beehive.jpg
> Any thing that would co-ordinate with this would be great. Some thing ceramic
> would be fine and preferred, I have no rug rats to destroy things. Bee, or
> bear, or bears and bees, and/or "woodlands" themed is OK.
> I just don't seem to find anything that I care for on froogle, ebay etc..

I just had a thought, dangerous activity for a blond. How about something that
resembles a liquid soap dispenser? Clean of course. One can buy them in many colors &
motifs. This might not work on the raw unfiltered honey I use, because that gets kind
of grainy and thick. But the filtered stuff that stays pretty liquid might be alright.
HTH.
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
The Joneses > wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > Any one got some ideas on nice, economical, honey servers ? I am tired of
> > seeing those little bears, and beehive shaped bottles, and the 1/2 gallon
> > jug of
> > honey is just a little much to handle at the table. I am not interested in
> > those
> > "syrup" dispenser things either. Something you pour would be better than
> > something with that wield round slotted ring server.
> > I have this wonderful beehive measuring cup set I leave out as much for
> > decoration as use.
http://www.rccons.com/beehive.jpg
> > Any thing that would co-ordinate with this would be great. Some thing
> > ceramic
> > would be fine and preferred, I have no rug rats to destroy things. Bee, or
> > bear, or bears and bees, and/or "woodlands" themed is OK.
> > I just don't seem to find anything that I care for on froogle, ebay etc..

> I just had a thought, dangerous activity for a blond. How about something
> that
> resembles a liquid soap dispenser? Clean of course. One can buy them in many
> colors &
> motifs. This might not work on the raw unfiltered honey I use, because that
> gets kind
> of grainy and thick. But the filtered stuff that stays pretty liquid might be
> alright.
> HTH.
> Edrena

Y'know, that is a helluva good idea!
'cept it won't work on honey that tends to crystalize.
That's a common problem for me.

We use the microwave to melt that stuff.
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Joneses

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article >,
> The Joneses > wrote:
>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Any one got some ideas on nice, economical, honey servers ? I am tired of
> > > seeing those little bears, and beehive shaped bottles, and the 1/2 gallon
> > > jug of honey is just a little much to handle at the table. I am not

> interested
> > > in those "syrup" dispenser things either. Something you pour woule be
> > > better than something with that wield round slotted ring server.
> > > I have this wonderful beehive measuring cup set I leave out as much for
> > > decoration as use.
http://www.rccons.com/beehive.jpg
> > > Any thing that would co-ordinate with this would be great. Some thing
> > > ceramic would be fine and preferred, I have no rug rats to destroy
> > > things. Bee, or bear, or bears and bees, and/or "woodlands" themed
> > > is OK. I just don't seem to find anything that I care for on ebay etc..

> > I just had a thought, dangerous activity for a blond. How about something
> > that resembles a liquid soap dispenser? Clean of course. One can buy
> > them in many colors & motifs. This might not work on the raw unfiltered
> > honey I use, because that gets kind of grainy and thick.
> > But the filtered stuff that stays pretty liquid might be alright. HTH.
> > Edrena
> >

> Y'know, that is a helluva good idea!
> 'cept it won't work on honey that tends to crystalize.
> That's a common problem for me.
> We use the microwave to melt that stuff.
> Om.

Yeah, I surprise myself sometimes. I actually have a hand pumper for
some viscous foot cream that might work. It's not very pretty, but the
spout has a larger diameter. Probably could buy something like this online
at one of the bottle stores. Or a discount store even.
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
The Joneses > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > The Joneses > wrote:

> > interested
http://www.rccons.com/beehive.jpg

> > > I just had a thought, dangerous activity for a blond. How about something
> > > that resembles a liquid soap dispenser? Clean of course. One can buy
> > > them in many colors & motifs. This might not work on the raw unfiltered
> > > honey I use, because that gets kind of grainy and thick.
> > > But the filtered stuff that stays pretty liquid might be alright. HTH.
> > > Edrena
> > >

> > Y'know, that is a helluva good idea!
> > 'cept it won't work on honey that tends to crystalize.
> > That's a common problem for me.
> > We use the microwave to melt that stuff.
> > Om.

> Yeah, I surprise myself sometimes. I actually have a hand pumper for
> some viscous foot cream that might work. It's not very pretty, but the
> spout has a larger diameter. Probably could buy something like this online
> at one of the bottle stores. Or a discount store even.
> Edrena

I have a beautiful glass syrup pumper. It's currently going unused.

Hmmmmmmmmm........

Thanks for the idea! :-)
--
Om.