Jamie utters

Default San Diego/ Poway Cook in Recipe: Lamb on a stick

It's about time I posted this recipe.

I made this for the Poway/San Diego Cook in. It was fun watching Lord Barto
munching away on this with one hand and a glass of red wine in the other.

This recipe is from a book called: Mediterranean: food of the sun by
Jacqueline Clark and Joanna Farrow.

Skewered Lamb with Coriander Yogurt

or as I like to call it: Lamb on a stick.

The authors note that lean beef or pork work equally well. I used lamb sirloin
that I bought at Costco.

900g/2lb lean boneless lamb
1 large onion, grated
3 bay leaves
5 thyme or rosemary sprigs
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
25.ml/1/2 tsp caster sugar
75 ml/3 fl oz/ 1/3 cup olive oil
salt and ground black pepper
sprigs of rosemary, to garnish
grilled lemon wedges, to serve

For the Coriander Yogurt

150 ml/1/4 pint/2/3 cup thick natural yogurt
15 ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
15ml/1 tsp chopped fresh coriander
10ml/2 tsp grated onion

1. To make the coriander yogurt, mix together the yogurt, mint, coriander
and grated onion and transfer to a small serving dish.

2. To make the kebabs, cut the lamb into small chunks and put in a
bowl. Mix together the grated onion, herbs, lemon rind and juice,
sugar and oil, then add the salt and pepper and pour over the lamb.

3. Mix the ingredients together and leave to marinate in the fridge for
several hours or overnight.

4. Drain the meat and thread on to skewers. Arrange on a grill
rack and cook under a preheated grill for about 10 minutes
until browned, turning occasionally. Transfer to a plate
and garnish with rosemary. Serve with the grilled lemon
wedges and the coriander yogurt.

Jamie
jmcquown

Jamie utters wrote:
> It's about time I posted this recipe.
>
> I made this for the Poway/San Diego Cook in. It was fun watching
> Lord Barto munching away on this with one hand and a glass of red
> wine in the other.
>
> This recipe is from a book called: Mediterranean: food of the sun by
> Jacqueline Clark and Joanna Farrow.
>
> Skewered Lamb with Coriander Yogurt
>
> or as I like to call it: Lamb on a stick.
>
> The authors note that lean beef or pork work equally well. I used
> lamb sirloin that I bought at Costco.

(snip luscious recipe)

> Jamie

Sounds great! I adore lamb. Particularly kabobs like this. Thanks for
sharing

Jill

Rhonda Anderson

(Jamie utters) wrote in
m:

> It's about time I posted this recipe.
>
> I made this for the Poway/San Diego Cook in. It was fun watching Lord
> Barto munching away on this with one hand and a glass of red wine in
> the other.
>
> This recipe is from a book called: Mediterranean: food of the sun by
> Jacqueline Clark and Joanna Farrow.
>
> Skewered Lamb with Coriander Yogurt
>
> or as I like to call it: Lamb on a stick.
>
> The authors note that lean beef or pork work equally well. I used lamb
> sirloin that I bought at Costco.
>
> 900g/2lb lean boneless lamb
> 1 large onion, grated
> 3 bay leaves
> 5 thyme or rosemary sprigs
> grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
> 25.ml/1/2 tsp caster sugar
> 75 ml/3 fl oz/ 1/3 cup olive oil
> salt and ground black pepper
> sprigs of rosemary, to garnish
> grilled lemon wedges, to serve

Sounds great. I've saved that one, thanks, though I'll skip the coriander
yoghurt. Can't stand fresh coriander, tastes absolutely disgusting to me.
I like to do lamb skewers on the barbecue - the last lot I did I amended
a marinade recipe I found to make a honey mustard marinade with mint and
rosemary in it. I've also made some similar to this recipe, though I
didn't use any sugar. Served with pita bread, tzatziki, tabbouli, fresh
salad - made a great simple lunch for visitors. Big fruit platter and
some biscotti for dessert. Mmm, making myself hungry.

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia