Default decoration and presentation.

Somebody in a culinary TV show had heated a certain chemical material
in a nomal glass in microwave for few seconds leading to an intensive
white smoke used to decorate the table.(he also put a flower inside the
glass)
A very characteristic thing, this smoke had a high density as it was
like dripping from the glass and not gowing upward as a volatile thing.

Do someone know this material?

Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Somebody in a culinary TV show had heated a certain chemical material
> in a nomal glass in microwave for few seconds leading to an intensive
> white smoke used to decorate the table.(he also put a flower inside the
> glass)
> A very characteristic thing, this smoke had a high density as it was
> like dripping from the glass and not gowing upward as a volatile thing.
>
> Do someone know this material?

Sounds like dry ice. Add a little water and you get the smoke. Heating it
probably intensified it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

thanks for your reply, but from where could I get this dry ice?