FoodBanter.com

-   -   Survey for a class (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/72580-survey-class.html)

dt-b 23-10-2005 04:34 AM

Survey for a class

Hello everyone,
I am taking a class in marketing for which I have devised a survey. My
ideal candidates are people who love to cook. That is why I came to
this group. If you love to cook and have 20 minutes to spare please
fill out the survey. The results will be used to analyze market for
spices and herbs for academic purposes. I really appreciate your time
and I hope you will enjoy answering the questions.

Survey Address: http://surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=283181430358

Best Regards,
dt-b

OmManiPadmeOmelet 23-10-2005 05:37 AM

Survey for a class

In article . com>,
"dt-b" > wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I am taking a class in marketing for which I have devised a survey. My
> ideal candidates are people who love to cook. That is why I came to
> this group. If you love to cook and have 20 minutes to spare please
> fill out the survey. The results will be used to analyze market for
> spices and herbs for academic purposes. I really appreciate your time
> and I hope you will enjoy answering the questions.
>
> Survey Address: http://surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=283181430358
>
> Best Regards,
> dt-b

Do I get to tell them where to send the check? ;-)
--
Om.

Edwin Pawlowski 23-10-2005 06:06 AM

Survey for a class

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message

> Do I get to tell them where to send the check? ;-)
> --
> Om.

Does not matter, the survey is flawed anyway. A couple of the questions are
missing obvious choices and forcing a bias in the results. One actually
forced me to lie in order to submit the results.

OmManiPadmeOmelet 23-10-2005 06:12 AM

Survey for a class

In article > ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> >
> > Do I get to tell them where to send the check? ;-)
> > --
> > Om.

> Does not matter, the survey is flawed anyway. A couple of the questions are
> missing obvious choices and forcing a bias in the results. One actually
> forced me to lie in order to submit the results.

Ah. A "controlled" study eh?
Glad I did not bother with it......
I have better things to waste my time on!

Cheers and thanks for the warning!
--
Om.

Kat 23-10-2005 07:33 AM

Survey for a class

First, take a class on how to do a survey.
What do you mean by "home cooked food" that could be anything that is
cooked at home, from nukeable food to someone who grinds their own flour.

ups.com...

Mr Libido Incognito 23-10-2005 09:21 AM

Survey for a class

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote on 23 Oct 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> In article > ,
> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
> > "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > Do I get to tell them where to send the check? ;-)
> > > --
> > > Om.

> > Does not matter, the survey is flawed anyway. A couple of the
> > questions are missing obvious choices and forcing a bias in the
> > results. One actually forced me to lie in order to submit the
> > results.
> >

> Ah. A "controlled" study eh?
> Glad I did not bother with it......
> I have better things to waste my time on!
>
> Cheers and thanks for the warning!

Actually I enjoy controlled studies...I lie on all the questions and really
skew the results. Sometimes I'll take the survey 20 or 30 times lieing
differently each time.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

David Hare-Scott 23-10-2005 10:35 AM

Survey for a class

"dt-b" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello everyone,
> I am taking a class in marketing for which I have devised a survey.

Groan.... another simpleton with the "all roads lead to Rome and you had
better do as they do in Rome or else" view of the world. Now repeat after
me:

1) The USA is not the whole world
2) The internet and usenet are international
3) If I ever get my head out of marketing books and learn to think I will
apply these facts to the next internet survey I write.

David

PS
4) I will learn to spell or remember to have somebody who can spell check my
work before I publish it.

OmManiPadmeOmelet 23-10-2005 11:39 PM

Survey for a class

In article >,
Mr Libido Incognito > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote on 23 Oct 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>
> > In article > ,

> > > Does not matter, the survey is flawed anyway. A couple of the
> > > questions are missing obvious choices and forcing a bias in the
> > > results. One actually forced me to lie in order to submit the
> > > results.
> > >

> > Ah. A "controlled" study eh?
> > Glad I did not bother with it......
> > I have better things to waste my time on!
> >
> > Cheers and thanks for the warning!

> Actually I enjoy controlled studies...I lie on all the questions and really
> skew the results. Sometimes I'll take the survey 20 or 30 times lieing
> differently each time.

I'm glad you have that much spare time. ;-)

I am a member of a marketing survey panel on line, and I get paid $5.00
per product survey.

Now THAT is worth my time!

I'd share the website with you, but the panel is currently closed. They
are not taking new panelists at the moment.

Cheers!
--
Om.

Dan Abel 23-10-2005 11:39 PM

Survey for a class

In article >,
"David Hare-Scott" > wrote:

> 1) The USA is not the whole world

Are you sure? Do they have any recipes in Europe?

:-)

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

dt-b 24-10-2005 04:05 AM

Survey for a class

Thanks to everyone that took my survey. I really appreciate it. I
realize that there are places where I could have given better options
to choose from. I will try to improve upon it before taking the next
iteration out. It was never intended to be a controlled study (I don't
even know why someone would bother with the results of a controlled
study).

As far as it being USA only type survey, I should have mentioned in the
targeted to the USA audience only, hence the bias.

At this point, I have closed the survey for analyzing the results.
Thanks once again.
dt-b

jacqui{JB} 24-10-2005 07:11 AM

Survey for a class

"dt-b" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> (I don't even know why someone would
> bother with the results of a controlled study).

Ah yes, another ethical marketer in the making.
-j