Old 20-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Andy

Default How to eat pizza - fingers or knife and fork?

Dan Abel wrote:

On my last day of work before retirement, August 19, my group took me
out to lunch. Most of us had burgers, and the guy next to me used

knife
and fork. It was pretty weird, not so much because of the knife and
fork, but because in the 20 years I had known him I had never seen him
eat meat!

Knife and forkin' a hamburger?? That's just wrong! That's hands-on
eating, like hot-dogs and... and... mashed potatoes.

Andy

Old 20-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 20 Oct 2005 02:38:52p, Andy wrote in rec.food.cooking:

Dan Abel wrote:

On my last day of work before retirement, August 19, my group took me
out to lunch. Most of us had burgers, and the guy next to me used
knife and fork. It was pretty weird, not so much because of the knife
and fork, but because in the 20 years I had known him I had never seen
him eat meat!

Knife and forkin' a hamburger?? That's just wrong! That's hands-on
eating, like hot-dogs and... and... mashed potatoes.

Andy

Yes, it's so comforting to take a wad of mashed potatoes in my hand and
cram it in my mouth. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 20-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Dee Randall

"Dan Abel" wrote in message
"kilikini" wrote:

I eat fried chicken with a fork......... and ribs. I cut my hamburgers,
too.

On my last day of work before retirement, August 19, my group took me
out to lunch. Most of us had burgers, and the guy next to me used knife
and fork. It was pretty weird, not so much because of the knife and
fork, but because in the 20 years I had known him I had never seen him
eat meat!

:-)

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

Hmm - did he have a choice of his order, other than burgers?
At last - he wanted to be one of the guys?
Dee Dee

Old 20-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Sheldon

Dee Randall wrote:

If watermelon is not being served to others, and there is only DH and me --
I eat mine with my head hanging over the sink - he hates watermelon.
Actually I've never run across anyone else who didn't like melon. He hates
canteloupe and pouts until it's all eaten because of the smell.

But canteloupe smells like breast cleavage... only *** males don't
appreciate melons.

Sheldon Musk

Old 20-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Dee Randall

"Dan Abel" wrote in message
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

If i's thin enough to be folded, I don't want it. I want it sturdy
enough to
stand on its own.

I had never seen people fold pizza to eat it until I started shopping at
Costco. It makes sense, though, because the slices are enormous.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

And really sloppy!
Dee Dee

Old 20-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 20 Oct 2005 02:58:36p, Dee Randall wrote in rec.food.cooking:

"Dan Abel" wrote in message
In article , "kilikini"
wrote:

I eat fried chicken with a fork......... and ribs. I cut my

hamburgers,
too.

On my last day of work before retirement, August 19, my group took me
out to lunch. Most of us had burgers, and the guy next to me used knife
and fork. It was pretty weird, not so much because of the knife and
fork, but because in the 20 years I had known him I had never seen him
eat meat!

:-)

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

Hmm - did he have a choice of his order, other than burgers?
At last - he wanted to be one of the guys?
Dee Dee

If it's a large burger, then I like to cut it in half, but I don't cut it
up by the bite.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 20-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Arri London

cathyxyz wrote:

Any preference?

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz) - just curious

Knife and fork. Who needs a burnt roof of the mouth LOL?
Old 20-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Dan Abel

In article ,
"Dee Randall" wrote:

"Dan Abel" wrote in message
"kilikini" wrote:

I eat fried chicken with a fork......... and ribs. I cut my hamburgers,
too.

On my last day of work before retirement, August 19, my group took me
out to lunch. Most of us had burgers, and the guy next to me used knife
and fork. It was pretty weird, not so much because of the knife and
fork, but because in the 20 years I had known him I had never seen him
eat meat!

Hmm - did he have a choice of his order, other than burgers?

It was called "Mom's Boarding House", and had the usual lunch stuff,
maybe two or three pages worth.

At last - he wanted to be one of the guys?

Well, our boss is female, and sometimes most of the group was female.
He also has two daughters and a wife.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Old 20-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Nancy Young

"Dee Randall" wrote

"Dan Abel" wrote

I had never seen people fold pizza to eat it until I started shopping at
Costco. It makes sense, though, because the slices are enormous.

And really sloppy!

Youns made me hungry for pizza, so that was dinner. Sausage
and peppers. Picked up the first slice, bent the crust in half and
ate it from the pointy end up. As it should be eaten. Proceeded
to repeat with the second slice, that was enough.

nancy

Old 20-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Dan Abel

In article ,
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

On Thu 20 Oct 2005 02:14:19p, Dan Abel wrote in rec.food.cooking:

In article ,
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

If i's thin enough to be folded, I don't want it. I want it sturdy
enough to stand on its own.

I had never seen people fold pizza to eat it until I started shopping at
Costco. It makes sense, though, because the slices are enormous.

That's just to facilitate cramming more in all at once.

Not to be argumentative, but as Andy posted, if you get the combo (and I
always do, I think it's the same price), the stuff just falls off.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Old 21-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Stan Horwitz

In article ,
cathyxyz wrote:

Any preference?

Whatever works for you is fine for you. For me, I usually treat pizza as
finger food.
Old 21-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Margaret Suran

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
In article ,
Margaret Suran wrote:

Finger food, of course. Just like Pommes Frites and Asparagus.
Roasted or fried chicken, too. There shouldn't even be a discussion
about these finger foods.

Roasted chicken as finger food? You jest. Put Johnny away, Woman!
He's no good for you!

Of course, roasted chicken, too. How else can you get all the meat
off the bones? Only with your teeth and you have to hold the piece of
chicken with your fingers. And lick them afterwards.

The olives are on he way!
Old 21-10-2005, 12:33 AM
limey

"kilikini" wrote in message
om...

"cathyxyz" wrote in message
Any preference?

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz) - just curious

I use my fork; I hate getting my fingers dirty. If it's left-over cold
pizza, I can deal with finger food.

kili

Soul mate! That's my reason for knife and forking food. It's the way I
was raised and it's impossible to shake it now.

Dora