Dimitri

Default A Rib Story

This fathers day we as usual had a herd of kids (women), boyfriends, SIL'S
and grandkids over.

I was instructed to kick back and do nothing. (nice day)

# 3 daughter arrived with the current and many foil pouches containing
cooked babyback ribs.

I was allowed to light the grill (gas) and that was it. The ribs were
sauced warmed and glazed nicely. So I asked.

The answer was, "I have a friend who owns a sports bar in North Carolina and
he sent me some of his rub, with the house red sauce and instructions"

I asked further.

The 12 racks were rubbed and allowed to sit in the fridge for 2 days.

The 12 racks were then put onto cookie sheets with about 1/4 inch of white
vinegar covered with foil and put into a 225 degree oven for 3 to 4 hours
until tender.

You know the rest - glazed over a slow grill and served.

Although there is a time and a place for the grill, smoker and indirect Q.

IMHO this was very acceptable for a large crowd.

Dimitri

Puester

Dimitri wrote:

> This fathers day we as usual had a herd of kids (women), boyfriends, SIL'S
> and grandkids over.
> (details snipped)
>
> You know the rest - glazed over a slow grill and served.
>
> Although there is a time and a place for the grill, smoker and indirect Q.
>
> IMHO this was very acceptable for a large crowd.
>
> Dimitri

Woohoooooo, Criona scores again!

gloria p
Nancy Young

Puester wrote:

> Dimitri wrote:
> >
> > This fathers day we as usual had a herd of kids (women), boyfriends, SIL'S
> > and grandkids over.

> Woohoooooo, Criona scores again!

I'm just hoping SIL's stands for sons-in-law and not sisters-in-law,
or I'll be worried he's chased off *all* the daughter's husbands.

nancy (worried) (plus, he needs male support with all those women)
Dimitri

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Puester wrote:
> >
> > Dimitri wrote:
> > >
> > > This fathers day we as usual had a herd of kids (women), boyfriends,

SIL'S
> > > and grandkids over.

> > Woohoooooo, Criona scores again!

> I'm just hoping SIL's stands for sons-in-law

YEP.

4 daughters 3 SIL'S & an occasional SO or as they like to say semi-SO.

:-)

Dimitri

Nancy Young

Dimitri wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> > Puester wrote:

> SIL'S

> > > Woohoooooo, Criona scores again!

> > I'm just hoping SIL's stands for sons-in-law

> YEP.
>
> 4 daughters 3 SIL'S & an occasional SO or as they like to say semi-SO.
>
> :-)

(laugh) That's funny. You know I was goofin on you, Dimitri.

nancy

Pu Er tea story notbob Tea 1 07-06-2015 09:14 PM
OT. Long OK Here's my story . . . Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 9 23-09-2008 05:28 AM
Bar Story Wavy G General Cooking 1 25-01-2007 08:12 AM
Ashley's Story ... Charles Antony Diabetic 0 28-05-2006 08:01 AM
A Rib story Non Q Dimitri Barbecue 0 24-06-2004 04:22 PM