FoodBanter.com

-   -   Hot Red Pepper Jelly! (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/7200-hot-red-pepper-jelly.html)

sandy 22-06-2004 05:31 AM

Hot Red Pepper Jelly!

Hi! All,
I just won a basket, and it included a jar of Hot Red Pepper Jelly...what
can I do with it, besides's putting it on crackers, or toast or over cream
cheese?
And do I mix it with cream cheese, or actually spread it over?
Thanks for your help.........Sandy

Michael Odom 22-06-2004 06:26 AM

Hot Red Pepper Jelly!

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:31:25 -0400, "sandy"
> wrote:

>Hi! All,
>I just won a basket, and it included a jar of Hot Red Pepper Jelly...what
>can I do with it, besides's putting it on crackers, or toast or over cream
>cheese?
>And do I mix it with cream cheese, or actually spread it over?
>Thanks for your help.........Sandy

I like to mix red pepper jelly with sherry, brown sugar, lemon juce
and sesame seeds, and then use it as a basting sauce for chicken
thighs on the grill or in the oven.

I've also done this with chicken breasts I've skinned and wrapped with
lemon slices I tried onto the meat with twine. Google "chicken in
bondage" for a more complete description.

modom

"If you have a racist friend,
Now is the time, now is the time
For your friendship to end."
-- The Specials

Tara 22-06-2004 10:24 PM

Hot Red Pepper Jelly!

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:31:25 -0400, "sandy"
> wrote:

>And do I mix it with cream cheese, or actually spread it over?

Just pour it over a brick of cream cheese and serve with crackers. At
Christmastime, it's cute to serve a brick of cream cheese with red
pepper jelly next to a brick of cream cheese with green pepper jelly.

Tara