Bob Terwilliger

Default A culinary-inspiration challenge from an e-mail group

The steak tartare thread reminded me: One of the e-mail lists to which I
belong recently came up with this:

| If you were confronted with the following items (plus pantry
| staples) to make dinner, what would you make? (you don't need to use
| all the items)
| - a 2 pound piece of beef tenderloin, asparagus, green beans,
| carrots, celery, spinach, garlic, rice, heavy cream, grapefruit, fresh
| chives, good Italian bread and blueberries.

My menu was

* Steak tartare with toast points
* Spinach salad with grapefruit and a grapefruit-herb vinaigrette
* Beef ragout
* Rice with onions
* Blueberry clafouti with heavy cream

The only other participant in the group came up with

* Steak Diane
* Green beans and asparagus almondine
* Savory fruit salad in an Italian bread bowl with chives, spinach, and
drizzles of sweetened whipped heavy cream

Anybody HERE want to play this game?

Bob

Inspiration Kody General Cooking 4 31-03-2015 06:34 PM
school for culinary arts, culinary arts usa, culinary arts schools,culinary arts recipe [email protected] General Cooking 0 15-02-2009 08:56 PM
Your culinary Leading Resource For culinary Information [email protected] General Cooking 0 27-05-2008 09:16 PM
The Culinary Cafe - A google group for passionate cooks! Cocalotta General Cooking 13 28-02-2008 04:51 PM
OT If you're outside of US and try to send e-mail to Verizon e-mail address, good luck Kaari Jae General Cooking 5 30-01-2005 05:43 AM