jmcquown

Default Cookie Cutters

Okay, I don't bake cookies. I'd have to buy some pre-made dough before I'd
use these. But I ran across them and thought they were cute. You can buy
mixes here for making "cookies" for your cats and dogs, too. Of course
there are plenty of recipes for cookies for pets online as well.

http://www.foosecookiecutters.com/st...tsanddogs.html

Jill

Mr Libido Incognito

jmcquown wrote on 06 Oct 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> Okay, I don't bake cookies. I'd have to buy some pre-made dough
> before I'd use these. But I ran across them and thought they were
> cute. You can buy mixes here for making "cookies" for your cats and
> dogs, too. Of course there are plenty of recipes for cookies for pets
> online as well.

This post made me think of:
So you takes your standard 3 inch round cookie cutter and cut circles outa
a 10 inch flour tortillias. These you put in a tiny muffin pan...Bake till
golden at 350F and you have little tortilla cups to put stuff in as
appetizers. Things like salsa and seasoned ground beef or a couple tbsps of
a nice goat cheese log recipe. You get the idea.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
-L.

jmcquown wrote:
> Okay, I don't bake cookies. I'd have to buy some pre-made dough before I'd
> use these. But I ran across them and thought they were cute. You can buy
> mixes here for making "cookies" for your cats and dogs, too. Of course
> there are plenty of recipes for cookies for pets online as well.
>
> http://www.foosecookiecutters.com/st...tsanddogs.html
>
> Jill

I make dog cookies all the time - cut with a bone-shaped cutter. Just
mix defatted broth from your chicken, beef, turkey or pork with some
garlic, and mix it into flour until it is a thick, dry-ish dough. Roll
it out fairly thin and cut it. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, turning
half way through. Turn off oven and let them harden overnight.
-L.

Syssi

"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> jmcquown wrote:
>> Okay, I don't bake cookies. I'd have to buy some pre-made dough before
>> I'd
>> use these. But I ran across them and thought they were cute. You can
>> buy
>> mixes here for making "cookies" for your cats and dogs, too. Of course
>> there are plenty of recipes for cookies for pets online as well.
>>
>> http://www.foosecookiecutters.com/st...tsanddogs.html
>>
>> Jill

> I make dog cookies all the time - cut with a bone-shaped cutter. Just
> mix defatted broth from your chicken, beef, turkey or pork with some
> garlic, and mix it into flour until it is a thick, dry-ish dough. Roll
> it out fairly thin and cut it. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, turning
> half way through. Turn off oven and let them harden overnight.
> -L.
>==============

I used to make them at Christmas time for all of the niece and
nephew-dogs... I always use a biscuit cutter or juice glass for cutting
them (b'cuz I'm too cheap to buy a $xx bone shape cutter! LOL).

I recall one year I packaged them in a little metal tin and my mom (MIL)
debated wheter to tell my baby sister (SIL) to eat them or not... she (SIL
Tina) thought they were one of my latest gourmet crackers... They smelled
really good and I imagine probably tasted good as well. <shrug> I dunno
but the dogs all liked them.
--
Syssi