Max Caviar

Default corned beef tacos

anyone ever have these? they seem to be a southern cal phenom from
what i can tell. i want to know how to make that very thin
horseradish sauce that they use on them. any ideas?

those things are positively addicting
T E

Date: Sat, Jun 19, 2004, 5:50pm (Max=A0Caviar)Wrote:
anyone ever have these? they seem to be a southern cal phenom from what
i can tell. i want to know how to make that very thin horseradish sauce
that they use on them. any ideas?
those things are positively
addicting---------------------------------------------------
response: I have a couple of friends still in San Diego, I will ck. with
them to see if they know how sauce is fixed.
This is the first that I've heard of corned beef tacos sound
interesting.
I have had the chop beef liver tacos with russian dressing created by a
restaurant owner in New York, it was decent by liked it better on good
rye jewish bread.

zuuum

"Max Caviar" > wrote in message
om...
> anyone ever have these? they seem to be a southern cal phenom from
> what i can tell. i want to know how to make that very thin
> horseradish sauce that they use on them. any ideas?
>
> those things are positively addicting

Great.. Irish Tacos! I worked in a restaurant that made "Irish Nachos"
Frozen unsalted potato chips, deep fried and the topped with chopped
corned-beef, then topped with Jack and Cheddar cheeses, thrown in a
salamander to melt and then finished with pickeled jalapeno peppers, diced
onion and tomato, served with sour cream and salsa. Pretty popular as a pub
appetizer item.

As for "thin horseradish".. try mixing pure minced harseradish with sour
cream using a ratio of about 1:4 - horseradish:sourcream

> anyone ever have these? they seem to be a southern cal phenom from what
> i can tell. i want to know how to make that very thin horseradish sauce
> that they use on them. any ideas?
> those things are positively
> addicting---------------------------------------------------
> response: I have a couple of friends still in San Diego, I will ck. with
> them to see if they know how sauce is fixed.
> This is the first that I've heard of corned beef tacos sound
> interesting.
> I have had the chop beef liver tacos with russian dressing created by a
> restaurant owner in New York, it was decent by liked it better on good
> rye jewish bread.

in central or-a-gun, i used to be able to get lingua tacos at one of the
very few REAL tacquerias in the state...now, THOSE were simply fantastic.
oh! and lingua burritos...anyone who lives even close to rte. 34 on the road
between junction city and eugene who loves spectacular mexican food, should
make a definite stopover.

ummm.. now i've made myself hungry. (sigh)

Max Caviar

will do, thank you, this stuff is like slightly thinner than creme
fraiche

the place i get them is Patsy's Irish Pub in Laguna Niguel, CA (also
in mission viejo), it's definitely their number one item, so addicting
i need to make them myself and stop driving over there, they use
uncooked (crunchy) cabbage cut very thin, on steamed tortillas, with
super moist corned beef, very simple

> wrote in message >...
> > From: Steve Wertz >
> > Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> > Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:20:31 -0500
> > Subject: corned beef tacos
> >
> > On 19 Jun 2004 17:50:52 -0700, (Max Caviar)
> > wrote:
> >
> >> anyone ever have these? they seem to be a southern cal phenom from
> >> what i can tell. i want to know how to make that very thin
> >> horseradish sauce that they use on them. any ideas?

> > Look in the grocery store, in the mustard section, for something
> > called Woeber's Horseradish sauce. It comes in a flask-shaped
> > plastic squeeze bottle.
> >
> > -sw

> or try arby's horsey sauce...that sounds the closest to what you're
> describing.

Max Caviar