cathyxyz

Default Chicken and orange turned out well....

Well, the chicken and orange stir-fry was a success. Here's the recipe.

2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
8 spring onions, cut into 5cm long pieces
1 teaspoon fine chopped fresh root ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon white pepper

6 chicken breasts, deboned, skinned and cubed
3/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
a large pinch of salt
1 tablespoon cornflour
4 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 carrot, julienned

Combine the soy sauce, sherry, spring onion, both gingers and pepper and
mix well. Add the chicken pieces, stir to coat all over and leave to
stand for 1 hour in the fridge.

Combine the orange juice, sugar, salt and cornflour, mix well and
refrigerate for 1 hour.

Heat the oil in a skottle[1] and stir-fry the carrot strips for 2-3
minutes or until just going brown. Remove carrots and drain on paper
towels. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Ad the orange
juice mixture and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until the sauce
thickens slightly. Mix in the carrot strips and serve immediately.

[1] Our skottle is a Cadac one. Sure you could do this in a wok too.

Steak tonight....
--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
cathyxyz > wrote:

> Well, the chicken and orange stir-fry was a success. Here's the recipe.

<snipped yummy sounding recipe>

Orange always goes good with poultry. :-)

I purchase dried ground orange peel and sprinkle that on top of my
grilled chicken before closing the grill lid.
--
Om.

cathyxyz

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> cathyxyz > wrote:
>
> > Well, the chicken and orange stir-fry was a success. Here's the recipe.
> >

> <snipped yummy sounding recipe>
>
> Orange always goes good with poultry. :-)
>
> I purchase dried ground orange peel and sprinkle that on top of my
> grilled chicken before closing the grill lid.
> --
> Om.

Sounds like a good plot. Citrus peel goes really well with a lot of
dishes, lemon peel is great too... luckily we we have one of those zest
thingumys and we have a couple of lemon trees in the orchard...

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

cathyxyz

cathyxyz wrote:
> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > cathyxyz > wrote:
> >
> > > Well, the chicken and orange stir-fry was a success. Here's the recipe.
> > >

> > <snipped yummy sounding recipe>
> >
> > Orange always goes good with poultry. :-)
> >
> > I purchase dried ground orange peel and sprinkle that on top of my
> > grilled chicken before closing the grill lid.
> > --
> > Om.
> >

> Sounds like a good plot. Citrus peel goes really well with a lot of
> dishes, lemon peel is great too... luckily we we have one of those zest
> thingumys and we have a couple of lemon trees in the orchard...
>
> Cheers
> Cathy(xyz)

Um, lemme fix that statement... should have read *any* citrus peel...

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article . com>,
"cathyxyz" > wrote:

> cathyxyz wrote:
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> > > <snipped yummy sounding recipe>
> > >
> > > Orange always goes good with poultry. :-)
> > >
> > > I purchase dried ground orange peel and sprinkle that on top of my
> > > grilled chicken before closing the grill lid.
> > > --
> > > Om.
> > >

> > Sounds like a good plot. Citrus peel goes really well with a lot of
> > dishes, lemon peel is great too... luckily we we have one of those zest
> > thingumys and we have a couple of lemon trees in the orchard...
> >
> > Cheers
> > Cathy(xyz)

> Um, lemme fix that statement... should have read *any* citrus peel...
>
> Cheers
> Cathy(xyz)

I knew whatcha meant! <lol>

I use a lot of salt free lemon pepper on stuff, a mix of lemon peel and
black pepper.
--
Om.

cathyxyz

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "cathyxyz" > wrote:
>
> > cathyxyz wrote:

> > > Sounds like a good plot. Citrus peel goes really well with a lot of
> > > dishes, lemon peel is great too... luckily we we have one of those zest
> > > thingumys and we have a couple of lemon trees in the orchard...
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Cathy(xyz)

> > Um, lemme fix that statement... should have read *any* citrus peel...
> >
> > Cheers
> > Cathy(xyz)
> >

> I knew whatcha meant! <lol>

Glad you did.... after a day like I've had, I dunno what I mean
myself...

> I use a lot of salt free lemon pepper on stuff, a mix of lemon peel and
> black pepper.

IMHO black pepper is right up there with garlic. Fresh is always the
best... and it gets used in most dishes.

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

Orange Chicken z z General Cooking 2 12-01-2013 06:04 PM
Cranberry wine has turned from pink to orange-ish golden yellow Dave Allison Winemaking 17 28-01-2007 04:18 AM
Those Ice Raids of the Chicken Plant turned out to be great for Americans [email protected] General Cooking 0 27-11-2006 07:24 PM
Orange Chicken International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 27-02-2006 01:50 AM
Chicken turned green Ben General Cooking 13 04-12-2005 11:25 PM