Andy

Default Puff pastry 101

Before following the Chicken Popover recipe, I decided to trial the
suggestion of using puff pastry instead of the crescent roll dough.
Here's my test recipe. Turned out great, imho.

Simply:

1 sheet puff pastry
1 package brown'n'serve sausages (8)
4 oz. cream cheeze, divided into eight strips
Cayenne pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste

1 Egg + 1 tsp water <--Eggwash

Directions:

Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and grease well.

Defrost a sheet of puff pastry.

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Cook sausages until browned and rest on paper towel to drain.

Divide the puff pastry into 3 x 3 squares. (one is a goner!)

On each square, center 1 sausage plus one strip of cream cheese plus a
shake of cayenne and a shake of garlic powder to coat.

Eggwash inside edges and roll up tight, twisting ends to seal. Place on
greased foil. Eggwash outside of each.

Cook until golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes. Enjoy!

Andy

This was my first puff pastry experiment.
Nancy1

Andy wrote:
> Before following the Chicken Popover recipe, I decided to trial the
> suggestion of using puff pastry instead of the crescent roll dough.
> Here's my test recipe. Turned out great, imho.

Amazing, isn't it? Some of us DO know of what we speak ;-) I have
made those chicken things for years, only I make them small enough for
a single or double bite and serve them as appetizers. They're always
all gone.

N.

Puff Pastry Question Taxed and Spent General Cooking 5 04-09-2016 06:25 AM
Puff Pastry z z General Cooking 26 02-09-2012 11:07 PM
Puff Pastry Reg[_2_] General Cooking 6 20-02-2011 10:24 PM
Cooking puff pastry ?? Sky General Cooking 3 29-05-2008 06:06 PM
puff pastry Sarah Baking 5 02-07-2004 12:10 AM