Old 03-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Pandora

Default *A prayer!!!!!!*

I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
offensive words of that "turd"; "shit" and ******* called "Sheldon".
I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults he
addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me, because in
my killfile there is a lot of space.
Pandora
(very angry).

Old 03-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Dan Abel

"Pandora" wrote:

I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
offensive words of that "turd"; "shit" and ******* called "Sheldon".
I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults he
addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me, because in
my killfile there is a lot of space.
Pandora
(very angry).

I understand perfectly why people killfile Sheldon. He can be pretty
obnoxious. However, he also posts some good information. Even though
he has abused me considerably, I have not killfiled him. I've noticed
that several other posters here seem to support Sheldon, and I enjoy
reading their posts.

I would suggest not killfiling those who support Sheldon, just because
they support him. I would suggest killfiling those whose posts you
don't wish to read. Those who currently support Sheldon will get dumped
on by him at some point, and then we'll see whether they still support
him. Those with thick skins will probably continue to support him.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:14 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

"Pandora" wrote:

I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
offensive words of that "turd"; "shit" and ******* called "Sheldon".
I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults he
addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me, because in
my killfile there is a lot of space.
Pandora
(very angry).

Lordy girl!

Just ignore it! :-)

Note when I continued the thread, I erased all of the insulting part as
I did not wish to quote it all......

Don't be angry, just blow it off like everyone else does, or come up
with a humorous replay.

That usually works best and is an exercise in creative posting.

Cheers!!!
--
Om.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:14 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Dan Abel wrote:

In article ,
"Pandora" wrote:

[...]

And those with a warped sense of humor. ;-)

Cheers!
--
Om.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Nancy Young

"Dan Abel" wrote

I would suggest not killfiling those who support Sheldon, just because
they support him.

My opinion is that one would be a fool to killfile Dimitri.

nancy

Old 03-10-2005, 08:28 PM
~patches~

Pandora wrote:

I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
offensive words of that "turd"; "shit" and ******* called "Sheldon".
I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults he
addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me, because in
my killfile there is a lot of space.
Pandora
(very angry).

Pandora I'm really sorry something this negative happened to you on this
group. I love your posts! I don't understand the nastinest or
unhelpful comments or sniping some feel compelled to make but then I
just don't have the time or energy to expend on such nonsense.
Personally I simply refuse to let another poster get to me because it
gives them power and I will not do that. I either quietly killfile or
ignore. Sometimes I will give a very subtle hint but that's it. I
won't announce either because again it gives them power.

PS. sending you a hot cup of cocoa and vanilla cookie straws. The
cookie straws are bought not homemade. DH brought them home and they
are very, very good! They are about 8" long made of a very thin crispy
cookie then filled with French vanilla cream. They will really make you
feel good
Old 03-10-2005, 08:39 PM
AlleyGator

"Pandora" wrote:

I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post . . .

I decided to get rid of all filters except in one group, and that's
only because some of them post massive amounts of garbage. I only
read what strikes my fancy and skip the rest - depends on whether I'm
in the mood for info or entertainment. G

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Curly Sue

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 20:38:02 +0200, "Pandora"
wrote:

I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
offensive words of that "turd"; "shit" and *******

You obviously are not a stranger to offensive words. So what's your
complaint?

Unfortunately killfiles don't protect you from viewing other persons'
posts containing quotes from the object of your aggravation.

There's nothing you can do about it, except if you see that person's
name in the list of references at the top of a post, close it quickly
and don't look!!!

Sue(tm)
Old 03-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Dimitri

"Pandora" wrote in message
I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the offensive
words of that "turd"; "shit" and ******* called "Sheldon".
I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults he
addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me, because in
my killfile there is a lot of space.
Pandora
(very angry).

Have we calmed down yet?

A nice glass of wine may help - A few slices of some nice cheese may help also.

I would suggest you take what you need and leave the rest - Sometimes snipping
is called for and sometimes it is not. There will always be people and posts you
don't like - If you want there are "moderated news groups" RFC is not. (Thanks
God)

Regards,

Dimitri

Old 03-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Default User

Dan Abel wrote:

I understand perfectly why people killfile Sheldon. He can be pretty
obnoxious. However, he also posts some good information.

You know, he really doesn't. A lot of his so-called information is
bullshit, misinformation, wrong-end-of-the-stick stuff. The rest is
cribbed from google searches anybody could do.

Brian

Old 03-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Nexis

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

"Dan Abel" wrote

I would suggest not killfiling those who support Sheldon, just because
they support him.

My opinion is that one would be a fool to killfile Dimitri.

nancy

I concur. Think about it when you're calmer.

kimberly

Old 03-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Nexis

"Pandora" wrote in message
I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
offensive words of that "turd"; "shit" and ******* called "Sheldon".
I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults he
addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me, because
in my killfile there is a lot of space.
Pandora
(very angry).

First, take a deep breath. Come on, now. In through the nose, out through
the mouth. There. Feel better? Good Lord, woman, are you telling me you're
letting someone get to you who is existing only in cyberspace as far as your
world is concerned?
I don't killfile anyone. Why? Because even the most obnoxious people often
have good information that can benefit me. I ignore what I don't like, take
in what I do. Try it. You'll feel much better.

Oh, and, by the by, Dimitri is great. He's helped me out in a pinch and has
always been a good source of information and advice.

kimberly

Old 03-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Sheldon

Dumbdora wrote:
I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
offensive words of that "turd"; "shit" and ******* called "Sheldon".
I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults he
addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me, because in
my killfile there is a lot of space.
Pandora
(very angry).

Ah, this calls for a Hallmark Moment...

I'm so happy to know how badly I've upset you. G

Ahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

Sheldon

Old 03-10-2005, 10:20 PM
cathyxyz

Pandora wrote:
I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
offensive words of that "turd"; "shit" and ******* called "Sheldon".
I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults he
addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me, because in
my killfile there is a lot of space.
Pandora
(very angry).

Pandora,

Unfortunately, people cannot always *snip* everything.... so you are
bound to see some of the stuff you don't like. Take no notice of
"you-know-who". The rest of us really like your recipes and BTW,
Dimitri is very cool.

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

Old 04-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Dan Goodman

Pandora wrote:

I pray Dimitri and other persons of not reporting in their post the
offensive words of that "turd"; "shit" and ******* called "Sheldon".
I HAVE KILLED HIM! Now I don't know why I must read all the insults
he addresses to me. Perhaps do you agree with him? If yes , tell me,
because in my killfile there is a lot of space. Pandora (very angry).

See if your newsreader will enable you to killfile messages which
contain a particular word or phrase.

If it doesn't, I recommend the freeware newsreader Xananews.

--
Dan Goodman
Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/

The GOLD Prayer WTF[_2_] General Cooking 1 27-02-2010 12:01 AM
my prayer sf General Cooking 3 14-03-2006 08:40 PM
OT Prayer Request Ranee Mueller General Cooking 45 21-07-2005 06:57 PM
beer prayer Jeff Beer 6 01-03-2005 03:39 AM
A Thanksgiving Prayer for Children Darryl L. Pierce General Cooking 2 27-11-2003 06:53 AM