Anne Duhon

Default Mirro matic pressure cooker question

I have an old one I bought in the 60s. I need a new gasket and safety
fuse. Have never had trouble replacing these parts til now. Hardware
store tells me the part numbers are no longer available but can sell me
a substitute. Have any of you run into this problem? If so, will they
perform as well as the originals?

I thought about replacing the cooker with a new one, but the quality of
those made today just isnt there. Anne

kalanamak

Anne Duhon wrote:

> I have an old one I bought in the 60s. I need a new gasket and safety
> fuse. Have never had trouble replacing these parts til now. Hardware
> store tells me the part numbers are no longer available but can sell me
> a substitute. Have any of you run into this problem? If so, will they
> perform as well as the originals?

Broaden your search. Goggle gave me this in about 10 seconds:
http://www.goodmans.net/get_dept_588.htm