Yoni

Default making pancakes in a sandwich maker

Any suggestions? Creative ideas?

Lingam

> Any suggestions? Creative ideas?

Just now that I was gonna ask about making sandwiches in a pizza
oven...

Stan Horwitz

In article >,
"Yoni" > wrote:

> Any suggestions? Creative ideas?

Why? For best results, use a hot pan or griddle. You'll find cleaning
the griddle a lot easier than getting spilled pancake batter out of a
sandwich maker.
Joseph Littleshoes

Stan Horwitz wrote:

> In article >,
> "Yoni" > wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions? Creative ideas?

> Why? For best results, use a hot pan or griddle. You'll find cleaning
> the griddle a lot easier than getting spilled pancake batter out of a
> sandwich maker.

What is a 'sandwich maker'? something like one of those "George
Foreman" grills? I often take thinly sliced deli meat and layer it with
cheese, mayo and mustard on rye bread and pop it in the micro wave for a
minute or so to get the cheese melting. And have used a bacon flattener
(for lack of a better term for a pieece of cast iron with a handel to
flatten bacon while cooking) with grilled cheese.

I have an old book press i occasionally make an old time 'bookmakers
sandwich' with but i would not call that a 'sandwich maker.'

I just recently gave away my 'shrimp butler' but do love a good kitchen
gadget.
---
JL

Curly Sue

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 02:19:13 -0400, "Yoni" > wrote:

>Any suggestions? Creative ideas?

Waffles are pancakes made in a waffle maker (more or less), so call
your creation sandfles. Wavfles? (because they'll be wavy). Messfles
or ruefles? (because you'll be sorry?)

Sue(tm)

Arri London

Yoni wrote:

> Any suggestions? Creative ideas?

If you have the sort that makes the scalloped/cut sandwiches, just pour
the batter in each section, close the lid and bake away. Works fine and
they make little puffy cakes.

Ordinary crepe batter or else pancake batter with a little baking powder
in it works fine.

Beer maker new at making wine simy1 Winemaking 4 23-11-2008 04:33 PM
Making Tea in the coffee maker - Tea 11 09-01-2007 06:37 PM
Sandwich Maker Omlet Kevonski Recipes (moderated) 0 22-10-2006 01:25 PM
Sandwich maker wanted. Hearing & memory optional. MB Restaurants 0 25-06-2005 04:56 AM
How do you cook eggs in a toasted sandwich maker? Mohamed the Raghead General Cooking 10 17-01-2004 03:36 AM