lunallena

Default Pinto Bean Problem

I always cook my beans the same way, yet they come out different everytime,
sometimes they come out just beautiful in color and texture, other times
they come out looking purple or black, why is this, especially since I use
the same cooking method everytime?
aem

lunallena wrote:
> I always cook my beans the same way, yet they come out different everytime,
> sometimes they come out just beautiful in color and texture, other times
> they come out looking purple or black, why is this, especially since I use
> the same cooking method everytime?

On the information given, the only answer is they vary with the phases
of the moon. If not, then think harder about the details of what
you're doing or the source of the beans. -aem

Dimitri

"lunallena" > wrote in message
>I always cook my beans the same way, yet they come out different everytime,
> sometimes they come out just beautiful in color and texture, other times
> they come out looking purple or black, why is this, especially since I use
> the same cooking method everytime?

The supplier!

Are you buying bulk?

Dimitri

jake

lunallena wrote:
> I always cook my beans the same way, yet they come out different everytime,
> sometimes they come out just beautiful in color and texture, other times
> they come out looking purple or black, why is this, especially since I use
> the same cooking method everytime?

As beasn get older (in the cupboard), they take longer to cook.

aem wrote:
> lunallena wrote:
> > I always cook my beans the same way, yet they come out different everytime,
> > sometimes they come out just beautiful in color and texture, other times
> > they come out looking purple or black, why is this, especially since I use
> > the same cooking method everytime?

> On the information given, the only answer is they vary with the phases
> of the moon. If not, then think harder about the details of what
> you're doing or the source of the beans. -aem

Sounds like the notorious only or just, as in "I didn't hcange
anything. I only..."

-bwg
"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."
G.W. Bush

sf

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:52:18 +0200, jake wrote:

> lunallena wrote:
> > I always cook my beans the same way, yet they come out different everytime,
> > sometimes they come out just beautiful in color and texture, other times
> > they come out looking purple or black, why is this, especially since I use
> > the same cooking method everytime?

> As beasn get older (in the cupboard), they take longer to cook.

That's only a problem for those who want bean mush in an hour.