Old 12-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Nancy Young

"vega" wrote

wrote:

Funny to me how a nonsensical quest for a bloody mary mix
could morph so rapidly into V8 garbage soup and a chicken
dish that looks like barf.

Well at least it didn't turn into a waaaayyyy off topic FEMA
discussion

Thank goodness! Hey, I wasn't complaining, I really had no
idea how many people used V8 as an ingredient, honestly, it
never occurred to me. I don't have it around the house that
often. I have new recipes to try.

nancy

Old 12-09-2005, 03:45 PM
vega

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:24:31 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

"vega" wrote

wrote:

Funny to me how a nonsensical quest for a bloody mary mix
could morph so rapidly into V8 garbage soup and a chicken
dish that looks like barf.

Well at least it didn't turn into a waaaayyyy off topic FEMA
discussion

Thank goodness! Hey, I wasn't complaining, I really had no
idea how many people used V8 as an ingredient, honestly, it
never occurred to me. I don't have it around the house that
often. I have new recipes to try.

nancy

I know I'm gonna hear it for this, but you can also use it Gulash.

I do NOT like it that way as much as tomato paste (he we go again),
but it will work in a pinch.

BTW, I knew you wern't complainin

Old 12-09-2005, 05:13 PM
limey

"vega" wrote in message
"Nancy Young" wrote:

Funny to me how a nonsensical quest for a bloody mary mix
could morph so rapidly into V8 garbage soup and a chicken
dish that looks like barf.

(smile) nancy

Well at least it didn't turn into a waaaayyyy off topic FEMA
discussion

Speaking of FEMA ( just kidding, just kidding, honest!)

Dora

Old 12-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Nancy Young

"limey" wrote

"vega" wrote in message

Well at least it didn't turn into a waaaayyyy off topic FEMA
discussion

Speaking of FEMA ( just kidding, just kidding, honest!)

Slowly I turned, step. by. step.

Old 12-09-2005, 06:20 PM
jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
"limey" wrote

"vega" wrote in message

Well at least it didn't turn into a waaaayyyy off topic FEMA
discussion

Speaking of FEMA ( just kidding, just kidding, honest!)

Slowly I turned, step. by. step.

I wonder how many people would recognize that old comedy routine? I
mentioned it to my LLL on a trip once and he'd never seen it! I find it
hilarious!

Jill

Old 12-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Nancy Young

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Nancy Young wrote:
"limey" wrote

"vega" wrote in message

Well at least it didn't turn into a waaaayyyy off topic FEMA
discussion

Speaking of FEMA ( just kidding, just kidding, honest!)

Slowly I turned, step. by. step.

I wonder how many people would recognize that old comedy routine? I
mentioned it to my LLL on a trip once and he'd never seen it! I find it
hilarious!

(laugh) I barely do ... something about the Sussquehanna Hat Company?
Abbot and Costello. Funny stuff.

nancy

Old 12-09-2005, 07:10 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 12 Sep 2005 10:41:10a, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Nancy Young wrote:
"limey" wrote

"vega" wrote in message

Well at least it didn't turn into a waaaayyyy off topic FEMA
discussion

Speaking of FEMA ( just kidding, just kidding, honest!)

Slowly I turned, step. by. step.

I wonder how many people would recognize that old comedy routine? I
mentioned it to my LLL on a trip once and he'd never seen it! I find it
hilarious!

(laugh) I barely do ... something about the Sussquehanna Hat Company?
Abbot and Costello. Funny stuff.

nancy

I dunno. Thought there was something about Niagara Falls.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Old 12-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Nancy Young

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote
On Mon 12 Sep 2005 10:41:10a, Nancy Young wrote

(laugh) I barely do ... something about the Sussquehanna Hat Company?
Abbot and Costello. Funny stuff.

I dunno. Thought there was something about Niagara Falls.

You're right, two different routines. Reading the transcript (the second
link ... long!), I can see why I had them confused.

http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/slowly.html

http://www.louandbud.com/trans.htm

nancy

Old 12-09-2005, 07:24 PM
jmcquown

Nancy Young wrote:
"Wayne Boatwright" wrote
On Mon 12 Sep 2005 10:41:10a, Nancy Young wrote

(laugh) I barely do ... something about the Sussquehanna Hat
Company? Abbot and Costello. Funny stuff.

I dunno. Thought there was something about Niagara Falls.

You're right, two different routines. Reading the transcript (the
second link ... long!), I can see why I had them confused.

http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/slowly.html

http://www.louandbud.com/trans.htm

nancy

Niagara Falls! Slowly I turned... step by step, inch by inch... Who's on
first?! LOL Gotta love the old black & white comedy routines.

Jill

Old 12-09-2005, 07:40 PM
limey

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

"limey" wrote

"vega" wrote in message

Well at least it didn't turn into a waaaayyyy off topic FEMA
discussion

Speaking of FEMA ( just kidding, just kidding, honest!)

Slowly I turned, step. by. step.

Ducking and giggling!

Old 12-09-2005, 09:07 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

"Nancy Young" wrote:

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote

Ahhhh good ol' "garbage soup". ;-)
I've been known to go thru the freezer to look for older stuff for soup
as well! FF veggies etc.

It never comes out the same way twice, but it's always good!

Funny to me how a nonsensical quest for a bloody mary mix
could morph so rapidly into V8 garbage soup and a chicken
dish that looks like barf.

(smile) nancy

Ya gotta love thread drift! lolol!!!
--
Om.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:09 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

"Nancy Young" wrote:

"vega" wrote

wrote:

Funny to me how a nonsensical quest for a bloody mary mix
could morph so rapidly into V8 garbage soup and a chicken
dish that looks like barf.

Well at least it didn't turn into a waaaayyyy off topic FEMA
discussion

Thank goodness! Hey, I wasn't complaining, I really had no
idea how many people used V8 as an ingredient, honestly, it
never occurred to me. I don't have it around the house that
often. I have new recipes to try.

nancy

Oh my!
Time to re-start the thread about kitchen "cheats"! ;-)

Another good cheater ingredient is Pace Picante sauce.

Right alongside canned cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup...

Cheers!
--
Om.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:09 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

vega wrote:

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:24:31 -0400, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

"vega" wrote

wrote:

Funny to me how a nonsensical quest for a bloody mary mix
could morph so rapidly into V8 garbage soup and a chicken
dish that looks like barf.

Well at least it didn't turn into a waaaayyyy off topic FEMA
discussion

Thank goodness! Hey, I wasn't complaining, I really had no
idea how many people used V8 as an ingredient, honestly, it
never occurred to me. I don't have it around the house that
often. I have new recipes to try.

nancy

I know I'm gonna hear it for this, but you can also use it Gulash.

I do NOT like it that way as much as tomato paste (he we go again),
but it will work in a pinch.

BTW, I knew you wern't complainin

And don't forget as a base for Chili.....
--
Om.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:09 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

"Nancy Young" wrote:

"limey" wrote

"vega" wrote in message

Well at least it didn't turn into a waaaayyyy off topic FEMA
discussion

Speaking of FEMA ( just kidding, just kidding, honest!)

Slowly I turned, step. by. step.

Watch my dust! ;-D
--
Om.