jmcquown

Default Fats Domino

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html

Jill
--
The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

> http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html
>
> Jill

Didn't look at the link; I heard they got him; wife and daughter are
still missing. I found my thrill on Blueberry Hill. :-)
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Several notes since 8/18/05,
including the Blue Ribbon Brownie Recipe and a sad note added
jmcquown

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html

>> Jill

> Didn't look at the link; I heard they got him; wife and daughter are
> still missing. I found my thrill on Blueberry Hill. :-)

Gotta love blueberries!

Nancy1

jmcquown wrote:
> http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html
>
> Jill
> --
> The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

I think he should be ashamed of himself taking precious rescue
resources away from less fortunate people - he could well have afforded
to evacuate, which was MANDATORY, and he should have done so.

N.

Dee Randall

"Nancy1" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> jmcquown wrote:
>> http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html
>>
>> Jill
>> --
>> The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

> I think he should be ashamed of himself taking precious rescue
> resources away from less fortunate people - he could well have afforded
> to evacuate, which was MANDATORY, and he should have done so.
>
> N.

Perhaps his circumstance in life is not now as it was. Do we know?
Dee Dee

jmcquown

Nancy1 wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html

>> Jill
>> --
>> The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

> I think he should be ashamed of himself taking precious rescue
> resources away from less fortunate people - he could well have
> afforded
> to evacuate, which was MANDATORY, and he should have done so.
>
> N.

How do any of us know how much money this guy has? His hit songs were,
after all, hits 35 years ago, not last week. Maybe like many a musician he
squandered his money away. Somehow, I can't picture Fats investing it
T-Bills, but maybe it's just me.

Jill

cathyxyz

jmcquown wrote:

> How do any of us know how much money this guy has? His hit songs were,
> after all, hits 35 years ago, not last week. Maybe like many a musician he
> squandered his money away. Somehow, I can't picture Fats investing it
> T-Bills, but maybe it's just me.
>
> Jill

Ain't that a shame?

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)
jmcquown

cathyxyz wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>

>> How do any of us know how much money this guy has? His hit songs
>> were, after all, hits 35 years ago, not last week. Maybe like many
>> a musician he squandered his money away. Somehow, I can't picture
>> Fats investing it T-Bills, but maybe it's just me.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Ain't that a shame?

ROFL! You just had to say that, didn't you!

bull moose

No matter... He is the fat man and MY hero....

Bull Moose

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:49:39 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>cathyxyz wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>

>>> How do any of us know how much money this guy has? His hit songs
>>> were, after all, hits 35 years ago, not last week. Maybe like many
>>> a musician he squandered his money away. Somehow, I can't picture
>>> Fats investing it T-Bills, but maybe it's just me.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> Ain't that a shame?

>ROFL! You just had to say that, didn't you!

Nancy1

jmcquown wrote:
> Nancy1 wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >>

> http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html
> >>
> >> Jill
> >> --
> >> The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

> > I think he should be ashamed of himself taking precious rescue
> > resources away from less fortunate people - he could well have
> > afforded
> > to evacuate, which was MANDATORY, and he should have done so.
> >
> > N.

> How do any of us know how much money this guy has? His hit songs were,
> after all, hits 35 years ago, not last week. Maybe like many a musician he
> squandered his money away. Somehow, I can't picture Fats investing it
> T-Bills, but maybe it's just me.
>
> Jill

I dunno, but he didn't look destitute when he was being helped into the
rescue boat - from what I read, some of his family (who DID evacuate)
tried to get him to leave, but he didn't want to. He wanted to stay
right there and "ride it out."

N.

jmcquown

Nancy1 wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Nancy1 wrote:
>>> jmcquown wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ino/index.html

>>> I think he should be ashamed of himself taking precious rescue
>>> resources away from less fortunate people - he could well have
>>> afforded
>>> to evacuate, which was MANDATORY, and he should have done so.
>>>
>>> N.

>> How do any of us know how much money this guy has? His hit songs
>> were, after all, hits 35 years ago, not last week. Maybe like many
>> a musician he squandered his money away. Somehow, I can't picture
>> Fats investing it T-Bills, but maybe it's just me.
>>
>> Jill

> I dunno, but he didn't look destitute when he was being helped into
> the rescue boat - from what I read, some of his family (who DID
> evacuate)
> tried to get him to leave, but he didn't want to. He wanted to stay
> right there and "ride it out."
>
> N.

There's always that mind-set, N. Hurricane Parties and all that crap. I
don't feel sorry for anyone who could evacuate but chooses not to.

Jill

Edwin Pawlowski

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> There's always that mind-set, N. Hurricane Parties and all that crap. I
> don't feel sorry for anyone who could evacuate but chooses not to.
>
> Jill

Agree. They should make them buy a $5000 ticket for the rescue boat.

kevin

Nancy1 wrote:

<snip>

> I dunno, but he didn't look destitute when he was being helped into the
> rescue boat - from what I read, some of his family (who DID evacuate)
> tried to get him to leave, but he didn't want to. He wanted to stay
> right there and "ride it out."

Not sure what your definition of "destitute" is - I saw a picture -
maybe the same one you saw. I wouldn't say he looked affluent. I don't
know if he's rich, poor or in between - and neither do you. All blabber
based on emotion and no facts. Maybe he's just older and a bit - umm,
eccentric.

BONIE BERGHEGER

how true

ntantiques

kevin wrote:
> Nancy1 wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > I dunno, but he didn't look destitute when he was being helped into the
> > rescue boat - from what I read, some of his family (who DID evacuate)
> > tried to get him to leave, but he didn't want to. He wanted to stay
> > right there and "ride it out."

> Not sure what your definition of "destitute" is - I saw a picture -
> maybe the same one you saw. I wouldn't say he looked affluent. I don't
> know if he's rich, poor or in between - and neither do you. All blabber
> based on emotion and no facts. Maybe he's just older and a bit - umm,
> eccentric.

>From what I read Fats is 78 and lived in a 3 story house he'd owned for

a long time. He may have rationalized - as did many foolish people -
that a home that had survived other storms would withstand Katrina. As
my Dad got older, he got more, shall we say...determined. That may have
been the case with Fats and at any rate I'm glad they found him.

NT

jmcquown

ntantiques wrote:
> kevin wrote:
>> Nancy1 wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I dunno, but he didn't look destitute when he was being helped into
>>> the rescue boat - from what I read, some of his family (who DID
>>> evacuate) tried to get him to leave, but he didn't want to. He
>>> wanted to stay right there and "ride it out."

>> Not sure what your definition of "destitute" is - I saw a picture -
>> maybe the same one you saw. I wouldn't say he looked affluent. I
>> don't know if he's rich, poor or in between - and neither do you.
>> All blabber based on emotion and no facts. Maybe he's just older and
>> a bit - umm, eccentric.

>> From what I read Fats is 78 and lived in a 3 story house he'd owned
>> for

> a long time. He may have rationalized - as did many foolish people -
> that a home that had survived other storms would withstand Katrina. As
> my Dad got older, he got more, shall we say...determined. That may
> have been the case with Fats and at any rate I'm glad they found him.
>
> NT

Agreed... my father is 81 years old. They live on an island and have to
evacuate when a tropical storm/hurricane moves up that way. He told me last
time, "Jill, I'm getting tired of evacuating. Maybe we'll just tape up the
windows and sit here." But then again, they chose to live on an island with
one way on and off. Whatever they choose to do, I'm not blaming the current
administration. Has nothing to do with politics.

Jill

Edwin Pawlowski

"ntantiques" > wrote in message

>>From what I read Fats is 78 and lived in a 3 story house he'd owned for

> a long time. He may have rationalized - as did many foolish people -
> that a home that had survived other storms would withstand Katrina.

That is one of the problems. Too many people thought they could ride it
out.

Paula Drennan

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
m...
:
: "ntantiques" > wrote in message
: >
: >>From what I read Fats is 78 and lived in a 3 story house he'd owned for
: > a long time. He may have rationalized - as did many foolish people -
: > that a home that had survived other storms would withstand Katrina.
:
: That is one of the problems. Too many people thought they could ride it
: out.
:
:

A lot of the people who thought that are the same people who have ridden out
many a storm in the past. or they lived in houses that had ridden out
Camille years and years ago. The problem is i think even of those thta
evacuated, no one really believed the levees would break. they figured "oh
we'll leave, and in afew days we'll go back and feel foolish for having
left" I've been through floods, i near the guadalupe river. I was here in
'98 when that flood went through. i watched people rebuild, same spot
figuring "oh we won't get hit for another twenty or so years. that was the
big one for two decades" and I watched, literally, as that same house
floated away a few years later on july 3. People just keep thinking "it
won't happen here" or "it won't happen again" I feel bad for them, but some
part of me has to admire their stubborn hope that it won't be that bad.
--
Paula Drennan

May the forces of evil become confused
on the way to your house.