Default Dinner Party Wine

I've been invited to a dinner party on Saturday and have been tasked to
bring the wine. There will be eight of us and the menu is below. Can you
folks recommend some wines for the courses? Thanks

Marinated and grilled portobellos with Balsamic Vinegar and Shaved Asiago
Cheese Served with
Fire Roasted Red peppers and Lump Crabmeat
Chilled fruit soup
Spring Mix Salad w/ Honey Lime Dressing and served with Toasted Walnuts and
Sun Dried Cranberries
Cuban Spiced Pork Loin Grilled and Served with Grilled Mixed Vegetables
Grilled potatoes
Chocolate Pate with Berries

Vox Humana

" > wrote in message
> I've been invited to a dinner party on Saturday and have been tasked to
> bring the wine. There will be eight of us and the menu is below. Can you
> folks recommend some wines for the courses? Thanks
>
> Marinated and grilled portobellos with Balsamic Vinegar and Shaved Asiago
> Cheese Served with
> Fire Roasted Red peppers and Lump Crabmeat
> Chilled fruit soup
> Spring Mix Salad w/ Honey Lime Dressing and served with Toasted Walnuts

and
> Sun Dried Cranberries
> Cuban Spiced Pork Loin Grilled and Served with Grilled Mixed Vegetables
> Grilled potatoes
> Chocolate Pate with Berries

http://wine.about.com/library/bl_food_index.htm

Pennyaline

" wrote:
> I've been invited to a dinner party on Saturday and have been tasked to
> bring the wine. There will be eight of us and the menu is below. Can you
> folks recommend some wines for the courses? Thanks
>
> Marinated and grilled portobellos with Balsamic Vinegar and Shaved Asiago
> Cheese Served with
> Fire Roasted Red peppers and Lump Crabmeat
> Chilled fruit soup
> Spring Mix Salad w/ Honey Lime Dressing and served with Toasted Walnuts

and
> Sun Dried Cranberries
> Cuban Spiced Pork Loin Grilled and Served with Grilled Mixed Vegetables
> Grilled potatoes
> Chocolate Pate with Berries

I may not know much about wine but I know what I like, and I would go with a
pinot grigio.

Have coffee with the chocolate.

<avoid Chardonnays>

wff_ng_6

"Steve Wertz" > wrote:
> A box of Rhine wine (w/plastic highball glasses)

And don't forget the ice to go with it!

Dimitri

" > wrote in message
> I've been invited to a dinner party on Saturday and have been tasked to
> bring the wine. There will be eight of us and the menu is below. Can you
> folks recommend some wines for the courses? Thanks
>
> Marinated and grilled portobellos with Balsamic Vinegar and Shaved Asiago

Cocktail sherry

> Cheese Served with
> Fire Roasted Red peppers and Lump Crabmeat

White

> Chilled fruit soup

Pink?

> Spring Mix Salad w/ Honey Lime Dressing and served with Toasted Walnuts

and
> Sun Dried Cranberries

Anything you like

> Cuban Spiced Pork Loin Grilled and Served with Grilled Mixed Vegetables

very dry white

> Grilled potatoes

> Chocolate Pate with Berries

Way too many chioces - Just bring the best champaign you can afford.

Good Luck.

Dimitri

projectile vomit chick

" > wrote in message
> I've been invited to a dinner party on Saturday and have been tasked to
> bring the wine. There will be eight of us and the menu is below. Can you
> folks recommend some wines for the courses? Thanks

a warm bottle of thunderbird or boone's hill is always a hit. keep it
simple.

Dimitri

"projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> " > wrote in message
> > I've been invited to a dinner party on Saturday and have been tasked to
> > bring the wine. There will be eight of us and the menu is below. Can you
> > folks recommend some wines for the courses? Thanks

> a warm bottle of thunderbird or boone's hill is always a hit. keep it
> simple.

or White Port and lemon juice.

Dimitri

Fudge

Check this site.

http://www.bumwine.com/

Personally, I would start with the Night Train, follow through with the Wild
Irish Rose and finish the *******s off with Thunderbird.

Farmer John

Frogleg

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:03:04 -0400, "
> wrote:

> I've been invited to a dinner party on Saturday and have been tasked to
>bring the wine. There will be eight of us and the menu is below.

<snip>

You've been "invited" to a "dinner party" and *you* have to bring the
wine? Sounds like an invitation I'd have to regretfully decline.