jmcquown

Default Next Lawsuit? (teasing)

Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
scrape and a bruise.

Questions:
Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
desperate to escape?
Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
is bruised when I went to the store?
Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
and bruised it?

Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>

Jill
--
The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 27 Aug 2005 06:58:06a, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes,
> but this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to
> Chatty Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to
> get away from this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he
> practically fell through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot
> and now I have a scrape and a bruise.
>
> Questions:
> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
> desperate to escape?
> Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
> Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my
> foot is bruised when I went to the store?
> Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and
> scraped and bruised it?
>
> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a
> cup of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>
>
> Jill

Smear the mashed potatoes on the scrape and bruise, then drink the coffee.

Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
> this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
> Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
> this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
> through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
> scrape and a bruise.
>
> Questions:
> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
> desperate to escape?
> Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
> Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
> is bruised when I went to the store?
> Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
> and bruised it?
>
> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
> of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>
>
> Jill

All of the above? ;-D

Mashed spuds sound sooooooo GOOD!
I may make some pureed water chestnuts this evening to satisfy the want
for them...
--
Om.

jmcquown

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
>> Questions:
>> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
>> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have
>> a cup of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>
>>
>> Jill

> All of the above? ;-D
>
> Mashed spuds sound sooooooo GOOD!
> I may make some pureed water chestnuts this evening to satisfy the
> want
> for them...

What are you, nuts? Sue for cauliflower! And add some leeks in there while
you're at it

Jill

Curly Sue

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:58:06 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
>this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
>Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
>this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
>through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
>scrape and a bruise.
>
>Questions:
>Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
>Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
>desperate to escape?
>Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
>Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
>is bruised when I went to the store?
>Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
>and bruised it?
>
>Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
>of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>

Let's change the scenario a little. You tap on the door, the guy
trips and falls through the glass. A shard of glass slices 1/2" off
your nose. You get skin grafts to cover up the wound and endure a
week of pain and weeks of swollen nose. Then the bandages come off.
Your nose works fine, air goes in, air goes out, no medical problem
there. But you don't like the way it looks, kind of short and flat at
the end with red scar tissue, or the stares.

Oh well, it's nobody's fault, after all you were impatient and tapped
on the glass, so you accept responsibilty and spring for $50k medical
expenses and cosmetic surgery yourself.

Sue(tm)

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > "jmcquown" > wrote:
> >
> >> Questions:
> >> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> >> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have
> >> a cup of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>
> >>
> >> Jill

> > All of the above? ;-D
> >
> > Mashed spuds sound sooooooo GOOD!
> > I may make some pureed water chestnuts this evening to satisfy the
> > want
> > for them...

> What are you, nuts? Sue for cauliflower! And add some leeks in there while
> you're at it
>
> Jill

Trust me....
Pureed Water Chestnuts are better than pureed cauliflower!

Will definitely sue for leeks tho'! ;-D
--
Om.

cathyxyz

jmcquown wrote:
> Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
> this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
> Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
> this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
> through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
> scrape and a bruise.
>
> Questions:
> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
> desperate to escape?
> Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
> Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
> is bruised when I went to the store?
> Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
> and bruised it?
>
> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
> of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>
>
> Jill

LOL. What the h*ll. Sue the lot of 'em. This could be a talking point
for months on RFC
--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)
day dreamer@dream .com@

On 27 Aug 2005 16:12:02 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

snipped
"Smear the mashed potatoes on the scrape and bruise, then drink the
coffee.

Yes indeed. Let the spuds dry, then sand smooth then paint the
appropriate color. Good as new.

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:32:57a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>> > In article >, "jmcquown"

>> > All of the above? ;-D
>> >
>> > Mashed spuds sound sooooooo GOOD!
>> > I may make some pureed water chestnuts this evening to satisfy the
>> > want for them...

>> What are you, nuts? Sue for cauliflower! And add some leeks in there
>> while you're at it
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Trust me....
> Pureed Water Chestnuts are better than pureed cauliflower!
>
> Will definitely sue for leeks tho'! ;-D

LOL! I do not trust you. :-) I cannot even imagine pureed water
chestnuts, although I love them sliced or whole.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:50:25a, wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 27 Aug 2005 16:12:02 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> snipped
> "Smear the mashed potatoes on the scrape and bruise, then drink the
> coffee.
>
> Yes indeed. Let the spuds dry, then sand smooth then paint the
> appropriate color. Good as new.

ROTF!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.

Phred

In article >, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:50:25a, wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On 27 Aug 2005 16:12:02 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
>> > wrote:
>>
>> snipped
>> "Smear the mashed potatoes on the scrape and bruise, then drink the
>> coffee.
>>
>> Yes indeed. Let the spuds dry, then sand smooth then paint the
>> appropriate color. Good as new.

>ROTF!

I hear they're working on genetically modified humans that will be
assured of having skin colour to match bandaids.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

zxcvbob

jmcquown wrote:
> Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
> this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
> Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
> this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
> through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
> scrape and a bruise.
>
> Questions:
> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
> desperate to escape?
> Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
> Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
> is bruised when I went to the store?
> Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
> and bruised it?
>
> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
> of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>
>
> Jill

Isn't it obvious? You sue whoever has the deepest pockets. (that would
be the tobacco company)

Best regards,
Bob
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:32:57a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > In article >,

> >> What are you, nuts? Sue for cauliflower! And add some leeks in there
> >> while you're at it
> >>
> >> Jill
> >>

> > Trust me....
> > Pureed Water Chestnuts are better than pureed cauliflower!
> >
> > Will definitely sue for leeks tho'! ;-D

> LOL! I do not trust you. :-) I cannot even imagine pureed water
> chestnuts, although I love them sliced or whole.

I tried it one day as an experiment.
My housemate nearly inhaled them! I pureed them (with some of the can
water) in the blender, then nuked with butter and shredded cheese.

The flavor was nearly identical to potatoes and the texture was smooth
and creamy, like whipped spuds. There was not that "sweet cauliflower"
overtone that whipped mashed cauliflower has...

I dare you to try it, just on one small can!

Cheers!
--
Om.

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:59:53a, Phred wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>>On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:50:25a, wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> On 27 Aug 2005 16:12:02 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
>>>
>>> snipped
>>> "Smear the mashed potatoes on the scrape and bruise, then drink the
>>> coffee. Go back to bed...it's Saturday!"
>>>
>>> Yes indeed. Let the spuds dry, then sand smooth then paint the
>>> appropriate color. Good as new.

>>ROTF!

> I hear they're working on genetically modified humans that will be
> assured of having skin colour to match bandaids.
>
> Cheers, Phred.

Too funny! You're in rare form today. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
zxcvbob

Curly Sue wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:58:06 -0500, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>

>>Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
>>this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
>>Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
>>this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
>>through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
>>scrape and a bruise.
>>
>>Questions:
>>Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
>>Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
>>desperate to escape?
>>Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
>>Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
>>is bruised when I went to the store?
>>Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
>>and bruised it?
>>
>>Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
>>of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>

> Let's change the scenario a little. You tap on the door, the guy
> trips and falls through the glass. A shard of glass slices 1/2" off
> your nose. You get skin grafts to cover up the wound and endure a
> week of pain and weeks of swollen nose. Then the bandages come off.
> Your nose works fine, air goes in, air goes out, no medical problem
> there. But you don't like the way it looks, kind of short and flat at
> the end with red scar tissue, or the stares.
>
> Oh well, it's nobody's fault, after all you were impatient and tapped
> on the glass, so you accept responsibilty and spring for $50k medical
> expenses and cosmetic surgery yourself.
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

In that case, you file a claim with the store's insurance policy (BTW,
it should have been safety glass in the door.) I don't know that you'd
get the $50k.

Bob

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 27 Aug 2005 08:07:25a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:32:57a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in
>> rec.food.cooking:
>>
>> > In article >, "jmcquown"

>> > Trust me....
>> > Pureed Water Chestnuts are better than pureed cauliflower!
>> >
>> > Will definitely sue for leeks tho'! ;-D

>> LOL! I do not trust you. :-) I cannot even imagine pureed water
>> chestnuts, although I love them sliced or whole.

> I tried it one day as an experiment.
> My housemate nearly inhaled them! I pureed them (with some of the can
> water) in the blender, then nuked with butter and shredded cheese.
>
> The flavor was nearly identical to potatoes and the texture was smooth
> and creamy, like whipped spuds. There was not that "sweet cauliflower"
> overtone that whipped mashed cauliflower has...
>
> I dare you to try it, just on one small can!
>
> Cheers!

Maybe I will.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Curly Sue

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:10:16 -0500, zxcvbob >
wrote:

>Curly Sue wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:58:06 -0500, "jmcquown"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
>>>this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
>>>Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
>>>this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
>>>through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
>>>scrape and a bruise.
>>>
>>>Questions:
>>>Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
>>>Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
>>>desperate to escape?
>>>Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
>>>Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
>>>is bruised when I went to the store?
>>>Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
>>>and bruised it?
>>>
>>>Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
>>>of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>

>> Let's change the scenario a little. You tap on the door, the guy
>> trips and falls through the glass. A shard of glass slices 1/2" off
>> your nose. You get skin grafts to cover up the wound and endure a
>> week of pain and weeks of swollen nose. Then the bandages come off.
>> Your nose works fine, air goes in, air goes out, no medical problem
>> there. But you don't like the way it looks, kind of short and flat at
>> the end with red scar tissue, or the stares.
>>
>> Oh well, it's nobody's fault, after all you were impatient and tapped
>> on the glass, so you accept responsibilty and spring for $50k medical
>> expenses and cosmetic surgery yourself.
>>
>> Sue(tm)
>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

>In that case, you file a claim with the store's insurance policy (BTW,
>it should have been safety glass in the door.) I don't know that you'd
>get the $50k.
>
>Bob

What if the store is self-insured, like McDonald's? In any case, it
wasn't the store's fault so the insurance company shouldn't have to
pay!

Sue(tm)
Puester

jmcquown wrote:
> Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
> this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
> Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
> this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
> through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
> scrape and a bruise.
>
> Questions:
> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
> desperate to escape?
> Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
> Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
> is bruised when I went to the store?
> Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
> and bruised it?
>
> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
> of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>
>
> Jill

Sue the door itself. That's what injured you.

gloria p
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Sat 27 Aug 2005 08:07:25a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > In article >,
> > Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> >
> >> On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:32:57a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in
> >> rec.food.cooking:

> >> LOL! I do not trust you. :-) I cannot even imagine pureed water
> >> chestnuts, although I love them sliced or whole.

> > I tried it one day as an experiment.
> > My housemate nearly inhaled them! I pureed them (with some of the can
> > water) in the blender, then nuked with butter and shredded cheese.
> >
> > The flavor was nearly identical to potatoes and the texture was smooth
> > and creamy, like whipped spuds. There was not that "sweet cauliflower"
> > overtone that whipped mashed cauliflower has...
> >
> > I dare you to try it, just on one small can!
> >
> > Cheers!

> Maybe I will.

Let us know if and when you do. ;-)
I'd like some backup on this recipe.
It seems to be a new idea to the low carbers!
--
Om.

pennyaline

jmcquown wrote:
> Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes,

but
> this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
> Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away

from
> this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
> through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
> scrape and a bruise.
>
> Questions:
> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
> desperate to escape?
> Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
> Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
> is bruised when I went to the store?
> Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
> and bruised it?
>
> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
> of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>

Unless you found a syringe or part of a finger in your cigarette pack, I
don't see a case here.

aem

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> [snip] I tried it one day as an experiment.
> My housemate nearly inhaled them! I pureed them (with some of the can
> water) in the blender, then nuked with butter and shredded cheese.
>
> The flavor was nearly identical to potatoes and the texture was smooth
> and creamy, like whipped spuds. There was not that "sweet cauliflower"
> overtone that whipped mashed cauliflower has...
>
> I dare you to try it, just on one small can!

And if you have an Asian market within reach they may have fresh water
chestnuts sometimes. So much better than canned they are worth the
trouble of peeling (a sharp paring knife and running cold water). The
flavor is so delicate, though, I would be cautious about using too
much, or too strongly flavored, cheese. -aem

Sheldon

zxcvbob wrote:
> Curly Sue wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:58:06 -0500, "jmcquown"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
> >>this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
> >>Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
> >>this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
> >>through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
> >>scrape and a bruise.
> >>
> >>Questions:
> >>Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> >>Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
> >>desperate to escape?
> >>Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
> >>Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
> >>is bruised when I went to the store?
> >>Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
> >>and bruised it?
> >>
> >>Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
> >>of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>

> > Let's change the scenario a little. You tap on the door, the guy
> > trips and falls through the glass. A shard of glass slices 1/2" off
> > your nose. You get skin grafts to cover up the wound and endure a
> > week of pain and weeks of swollen nose. Then the bandages come off.
> > Your nose works fine, air goes in, air goes out, no medical problem
> > there. But you don't like the way it looks, kind of short and flat at
> > the end with red scar tissue, or the stares.
> >
> > Oh well, it's nobody's fault, after all you were impatient and tapped
> > on the glass, so you accept responsibilty and spring for $50k medical
> > expenses and cosmetic surgery yourself.
> >
> > Sue(tm)
> > Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

> In that case, you file a claim with the store's insurance policy (BTW,
> it should have been safety glass in the door.) I don't know that you'd
> get the $50k.

Actually you'd get a whole lot more... the many millions for pain and
suffering will make the actual medical costs look like chump change.

Sheldon

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com>,
"aem" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > [snip] I tried it one day as an experiment.
> > My housemate nearly inhaled them! I pureed them (with some of the can
> > water) in the blender, then nuked with butter and shredded cheese.
> >
> > The flavor was nearly identical to potatoes and the texture was smooth
> > and creamy, like whipped spuds. There was not that "sweet cauliflower"
> > overtone that whipped mashed cauliflower has...
> >
> > I dare you to try it, just on one small can!

> And if you have an Asian market within reach they may have fresh water
> chestnuts sometimes. So much better than canned they are worth the
> trouble of peeling (a sharp paring knife and running cold water). The
> flavor is so delicate, though, I would be cautious about using too
> much, or too strongly flavored, cheese. -aem

With the canned, I'm using either Jack or Mozarella.
I've not tried the fresh, but we do have an asian market in Austin.

I'll look for those and give them a shot, thanks!
--
Om.

Sheldon

Curly Sue wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:10:16 -0500, zxcvbob >
> wrote:
>
> >Curly Sue wrote:
> >> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:58:06 -0500, "jmcquown"

> >> Let's change the scenario a little. You tap on the door, the guy
> >> trips and falls through the glass. A shard of glass slices 1/2" off
> >> your nose. You get skin grafts to cover up the wound and endure a
> >> week of pain and weeks of swollen nose. Then the bandages come off.
> >> Your nose works fine, air goes in, air goes out, no medical problem
> >> there. But you don't like the way it looks, kind of short and flat at
> >> the end with red scar tissue, or the stares.
> >>
> >> Oh well, it's nobody's fault, after all you were impatient and tapped
> >> on the glass, so you accept responsibilty and spring for $50k medical
> >> expenses and cosmetic surgery yourself.
> >>
> >> Sue(tm)
> >> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

> >In that case, you file a claim with the store's insurance policy (BTW,
> >it should have been safety glass in the door.) I don't know that you'd
> >get the $50k.
> >
> >Bob

> What if the store is self-insured, like McDonald's?

Excellent, that's the best case scenario for the claimant/plaintif.

In any case, it
> wasn't the store's fault so the insurance company shouldn't have to
> pay!

Not having safety glass is absolutely the fault of the store
owner/operator, best to hope there's adequate insurance in force and
the business/store owner isn't on the verge of bankruptcy. If it's
McD's, Ms Shortnose will end up owning that store and five more just
like it. McD's not having proper safety glass would be gross
neglignece, the punitive award would EASILY be well over 100 million.
In fact safety glass is manditory under Federal Law. No safety glass,
no defence.

http://www.glass.org/consumer/h_glassensedoors.htm

Sheldon

~patches~

jmcquown wrote:

> Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
> this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
> Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
> this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
> through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
> scrape and a bruise.
>
> Questions:
> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
> desperate to escape?
> Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
> Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
> is bruised when I went to the store?
> Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
> and bruised it?
>
> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
> of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>
>
> Jill

A report should have been made right there and then otherwise it becomes
a he said she said thing. Since you didn't, I would suggest the hot
coffe but letting it cool along with some nice gooey cinnamon buns to
ease any pain. You could have used the hot mashed potatoes to give the
shop employee something else to talk about

JimLane

jmcquown wrote:

> Questions:
> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
> desperate to escape?
> Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
> Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
> is bruised when I went to the store?
> Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
> and bruised it?
>
> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
> of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>

Don't forget to sue yourself too. After all, your weakness for
cigarettes is what put you in the situation. ;->

jim
jmcquown

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:32:57a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in
> rec.food.cooking:
>
>> In article >,

>>> What are you, nuts? Sue for cauliflower! And add some leeks in
>>> there while you're at it
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> Trust me....
>> Pureed Water Chestnuts are better than pureed cauliflower!
>>
>> Will definitely sue for leeks tho'! ;-D

> LOL! I do not trust you. :-) I cannot even imagine pureed water
> chestnuts, although I love them sliced or whole.

Chopped finely, they make a nice addition to burgers (along with mushrooms,
garlic, ginger)...

jmcquown

pennyaline wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks,
>> cigarettes, but this isn't about that). The man at the store could
>> be a twin to Chatty Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the
>> door, trying to get away from this guy without being rude. I tapped
>> on the door and he practically fell through it getting it open. The
>> door scraped my foot and now I have a scrape and a bruise.
>>
>> Questions:
>> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
>> Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he
>> was desperate to escape?
>> Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut
>> up?
>> Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now
>> my foot is bruised when I went to the store?
>> Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and
>> scraped and bruised it?
>>
>> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have
>> a cup of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>

> Unless you found a syringe or part of a finger in your cigarette
> pack, I don't see a case here.

You obviously aren't a lawyer. Serve me some really hot coffee and let's
talk again

jmcquown

JimLane wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Questions:
>> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
>> Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he
>> was desperate to escape?
>> Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut
>> up?
>> Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now
>> my foot is bruised when I went to the store?
>> Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and
>> scraped and bruised it?
>>
>> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have
>> a cup of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>

> Don't forget to sue yourself too. After all, your weakness for
> cigarettes is what put you in the situation. ;->
>
> jim

But a weakness for coffee didn't put the woman in the McD's lawsuit in
question, so let us set that aside.

Jill

Curly Sue

On 27 Aug 2005 10:57:15 -0700, "Sheldon" > wrote:

>Curly Sue wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:10:16 -0500, zxcvbob >
>> wrote:

>> >In that case, you file a claim with the store's insurance policy (BTW,
>> >it should have been safety glass in the door.) I don't know that you'd
>> >get the $50k.
>> >
>> >Bob

>> What if the store is self-insured, like McDonald's?

>Excellent, that's the best case scenario for the claimant/plaintif.
>
>In any case, it
>> wasn't the store's fault so the insurance company shouldn't have to
>> pay!

>Not having safety glass is absolutely the fault of the store
>owner/operator, best to hope there's adequate insurance in force and
>the business/store owner isn't on the verge of bankruptcy. If it's
>McD's, Ms Shortnose will end up owning that store and five more just
>like it. McD's not having proper safety glass would be gross
>neglignece, the punitive award would EASILY be well over 100 million.
>In fact safety glass is manditory under Federal Law. No safety glass,
>no defence.
>
>http://www.glass.org/consumer/h_glassensedoors.htm
>
>Sheldon

Not having safety glass is not gross negligence. People expect glass
to be breakable and dangerous and should take proper care in the
presence of glass.

But, in order to take that factor out of the equation, let's say the
other customer when startled by the tapping tripped over his own feet,
fell against the door, which slammed into her face and broke her nose
and front teeth.

Sue(tm)

zxcvbob

Curly Sue wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2005 10:57:15 -0700, "Sheldon" > wrote:
>

>>Curly Sue wrote:

>>>What if the store is self-insured, like McDonald's?

>>Excellent, that's the best case scenario for the claimant/plaintif.
>>
>>In any case, it
>>
>>>wasn't the store's fault so the insurance company shouldn't have to
>>>pay!

>>Not having safety glass is absolutely the fault of the store
>>owner/operator, best to hope there's adequate insurance in force and
>>the business/store owner isn't on the verge of bankruptcy. If it's
>>McD's, Ms Shortnose will end up owning that store and five more just
>>like it. McD's not having proper safety glass would be gross
>>neglignece, the punitive award would EASILY be well over 100 million.
>>In fact safety glass is manditory under Federal Law. No safety glass,
>>no defence.
>>
>>http://www.glass.org/consumer/h_glassensedoors.htm
>>
>>Sheldon

> Not having safety glass is not gross negligence. People expect glass
> to be breakable and dangerous and should take proper care in the
> presence of glass.
>
> But, in order to take that factor out of the equation, let's say the
> other customer when startled by the tapping tripped over his own feet,
> fell against the door, which slammed into her face and broke her nose
> and front teeth.
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

That's why Jill has good health insurance. :-)
(Doesn't need dental insurance in this case because it was an accident)

-Bob
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 27 Aug 2005 10:04:37a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> On Sat 27 Aug 2005 08:07:25a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in
>> rec.food.cooking:

>> > I tried it one day as an experiment.
>> > My housemate nearly inhaled them! I pureed them (with some of the can
>> > water) in the blender, then nuked with butter and shredded cheese.
>> >
>> > The flavor was nearly identical to potatoes and the texture was
>> > smooth and creamy, like whipped spuds. There was not that "sweet
>> > cauliflower" overtone that whipped mashed cauliflower has...
>> >
>> > I dare you to try it, just on one small can!
>> >
>> > Cheers!

>> Maybe I will.

> Let us know if and when you do. ;-)
> I'd like some backup on this recipe.
> It seems to be a new idea to the low carbers!

I'll do that. BTW, how do you mash and whip them? They're much
firmer/crisper than potatoes.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 27 Aug 2005 11:28:45a, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:32:57a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in
>> rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> In article >, "jmcquown"

>>> Trust me....
>>> Pureed Water Chestnuts are better than pureed cauliflower!
>>>
>>> Will definitely sue for leeks tho'! ;-D

>> LOL! I do not trust you. :-) I cannot even imagine pureed water
>> chestnuts, although I love them sliced or whole.

> Chopped finely, they make a nice addition to burgers (along with
> mushrooms, garlic, ginger)...

I also like them cut rather small and added to chicken salad.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Damsel in dis Dress

"jmcquown" > said:

> Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
> this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
> Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
> this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
> through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
> scrape and a bruise.
>
> Questions:
> Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
> desperate to escape?
> Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
> Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
> is bruised when I went to the store?
> Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
> and bruised it?
>
> Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
> of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>

Sue 'em all! And find a store that offers delivery. ;-)

Carol
Damsel in dis Dress

OmManiPadmeOmelet > said:

> In article >,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
> > LOL! I do not trust you. :-) I cannot even imagine pureed water
> > chestnuts, although I love them sliced or whole.

> I tried it one day as an experiment.
> My housemate nearly inhaled them! I pureed them (with some of the can
> water) in the blender, then nuked with butter and shredded cheese.
>
> The flavor was nearly identical to potatoes and the texture was smooth
> and creamy, like whipped spuds. There was not that "sweet cauliflower"
> overtone that whipped mashed cauliflower has...
>
> I dare you to try it, just on one small can!

I can't stand the crunch of those things. But I'd try them pureed. Once,
at least. Potatoes bloat me something fierce, and they're loaded with
carbs. The cauliflower thing never appealed to me, but I'll try this!

Thanks!
Carol
--
http://tinyurl.com/9hjxt
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Sat 27 Aug 2005 10:04:37a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > In article >,
> > Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> >
> >> On Sat 27 Aug 2005 08:07:25a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in
> >> rec.food.cooking:

> >> Maybe I will.

> > Let us know if and when you do. ;-)
> > I'd like some backup on this recipe.
> > It seems to be a new idea to the low carbers!

> I'll do that. BTW, how do you mash and whip them? They're much
> firmer/crisper than potatoes.

I just throw them into the blender......
Add liquid from the can as needed.

QED!
--
Om.

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> "jmcquown" > said:
>
> > Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
> > this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
> > Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
> > this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
> > through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
> > scrape and a bruise.
> >
> > Questions:
> > Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
> > Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
> > desperate to escape?
> > Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
> > Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
> > is bruised when I went to the store?
> > Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
> > and bruised it?
> >
> > Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
> > of 180 degree coffee to go with? <G>

> Sue 'em all! And find a store that offers delivery. ;-)
>
> Carol

Ciggy's are cheaper on line, or so I've seen on my spam from time to
time! Duty free ones from the reservations...
--
Om.

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > said:
>
> > In article >,
> > Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> >
> > > LOL! I do not trust you. :-) I cannot even imagine pureed water
> > > chestnuts, although I love them sliced or whole.

> > I tried it one day as an experiment.
> > My housemate nearly inhaled them! I pureed them (with some of the can
> > water) in the blender, then nuked with butter and shredded cheese.
> >
> > The flavor was nearly identical to potatoes and the texture was smooth
> > and creamy, like whipped spuds. There was not that "sweet cauliflower"
> > overtone that whipped mashed cauliflower has...
> >
> > I dare you to try it, just on one small can!

> I can't stand the crunch of those things. But I'd try them pureed. Once,
> at least. Potatoes bloat me something fierce, and they're loaded with
> carbs. The cauliflower thing never appealed to me, but I'll try this!
>
> Thanks!
> Carol

Cool! :-)
They lose all crunch with the puree...
I hope you like them!

The cauliflower thing is ok, but IMHO it tastes like pureed cauliflower.
It's just not the same. Even my housemate agreed that the pureed water
chestnuts worked very well.

And he WILL tell me if he does not like one of my "experiments"! <lol>
--
Om.