Old 27-08-2005, 02:58 PM
jmcquown

Default Next Lawsuit? (teasing)

Heh. Was going to the store to buy cigarettes (yes, folks, cigarettes, but
this isn't about that). The man at the store could be a twin to Chatty
Cathy. So there's a man backed up against the door, trying to get away from
this guy without being rude. I tapped on the door and he practically fell
through it getting it open. The door scraped my foot and now I have a
scrape and a bruise.

Questions:
Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
Do I sue the shop employee for chatting the man up to the point he was
desperate to escape?
Do I sue the owner of the store for hiring this guy who won't shut up?
Do I sue the tobacco company for making the cigarettes because now my foot
is bruised when I went to the store?
Do I sue the company that made the door that opened on my foot and scraped
and bruised it?

Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have a cup
of 180 degree coffee to go with? G

Jill
--
The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

Old 27-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 27 Aug 2005 06:58:06a, jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

[...]

Smear the mashed potatoes on the scrape and bruise, then drink the coffee.

Wayne Boatwright **

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Old 27-08-2005, 03:12 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

"jmcquown" wrote:

[...]

All of the above? ;-D

Mashed spuds sound sooooooo GOOD!
I may make some pureed water chestnuts this evening to satisfy the want
for them...
--
Om.

Old 27-08-2005, 03:22 PM
jmcquown

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article ,
"jmcquown" wrote:

Questions:
Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have
a cup of 180 degree coffee to go with? G

Jill

All of the above? ;-D

Mashed spuds sound sooooooo GOOD!
I may make some pureed water chestnuts this evening to satisfy the
want
for them...

What are you, nuts? Sue for cauliflower! And add some leeks in there while
you're at it

Jill

Old 27-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Curly Sue

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:58:06 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

Let's change the scenario a little. You tap on the door, the guy
trips and falls through the glass. A shard of glass slices 1/2" off
your nose. You get skin grafts to cover up the wound and endure a
week of pain and weeks of swollen nose. Then the bandages come off.
Your nose works fine, air goes in, air goes out, no medical problem
there. But you don't like the way it looks, kind of short and flat at
the end with red scar tissue, or the stares.

Oh well, it's nobody's fault, after all you were impatient and tapped
on the glass, so you accept responsibilty and spring for $50k medical
expenses and cosmetic surgery yourself.

Sue(tm)

Old 27-08-2005, 03:32 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

"jmcquown" wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article ,
"jmcquown" wrote:

Questions:
Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have
a cup of 180 degree coffee to go with? G

Jill

All of the above? ;-D

Mashed spuds sound sooooooo GOOD!
I may make some pureed water chestnuts this evening to satisfy the
want
for them...

What are you, nuts? Sue for cauliflower! And add some leeks in there while
you're at it

Jill

Trust me....
Pureed Water Chestnuts are better than pureed cauliflower!

Will definitely sue for leeks tho'! ;-D
--
Om.

Old 27-08-2005, 03:47 PM
cathyxyz

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

LOL. What the h*ll. Sue the lot of 'em. This could be a talking point
for months on RFC
--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)
Old 27-08-2005, 03:50 PM

On 27 Aug 2005 16:12:02 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

snipped
"Smear the mashed potatoes on the scrape and bruise, then drink the
coffee.

Yes indeed. Let the spuds dry, then sand smooth then paint the
appropriate color. Good as new.

Old 27-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:32:57a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in rec.food.cooking:

In article ,
"jmcquown" wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

Questions:
Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have
a cup of 180 degree coffee to go with? G

Jill

All of the above? ;-D

Mashed spuds sound sooooooo GOOD!
I may make some pureed water chestnuts this evening to satisfy the
want for them...

What are you, nuts? Sue for cauliflower! And add some leeks in there
while you're at it

Jill

Trust me....
Pureed Water Chestnuts are better than pureed cauliflower!

Will definitely sue for leeks tho'! ;-D

LOL! I do not trust you. :-) I cannot even imagine pureed water
chestnuts, although I love them sliced or whole.

Old 27-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Phred

In article , Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:50:25a, wrote in rec.food.cooking:

On 27 Aug 2005 16:12:02 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

snipped
"Smear the mashed potatoes on the scrape and bruise, then drink the
coffee.

Yes indeed. Let the spuds dry, then sand smooth then paint the
appropriate color. Good as new.

ROTF!

I hear they're working on genetically modified humans that will be
assured of having skin colour to match bandaids.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Old 27-08-2005, 04:06 PM
zxcvbob

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Isn't it obvious? You sue whoever has the deepest pockets. (that would
be the tobacco company)

Best regards,
Bob
Old 27-08-2005, 04:07 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:32:57a, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote in rec.food.cooking:

In article ,
"jmcquown" wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

Questions:
Do I sue the customer for leaning against the door?
Or, should I just go make some steaming hot mashed potatoes and have
a cup of 180 degree coffee to go with? G

Jill

All of the above? ;-D

Mashed spuds sound sooooooo GOOD!
I may make some pureed water chestnuts this evening to satisfy the
want for them...

What are you, nuts? Sue for cauliflower! And add some leeks in there
while you're at it

Jill

Trust me....
Pureed Water Chestnuts are better than pureed cauliflower!

Will definitely sue for leeks tho'! ;-D

LOL! I do not trust you. :-) I cannot even imagine pureed water
chestnuts, although I love them sliced or whole.

I tried it one day as an experiment.
My housemate nearly inhaled them! I pureed them (with some of the can
water) in the blender, then nuked with butter and shredded cheese.

The flavor was nearly identical to potatoes and the texture was smooth
and creamy, like whipped spuds. There was not that "sweet cauliflower"
overtone that whipped mashed cauliflower has...

I dare you to try it, just on one small can!

Cheers!
--
Om.

Old 27-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Wayne Boatwright

wrote:
On Sat 27 Aug 2005 07:50:25a, wrote in rec.food.cooking:

On 27 Aug 2005 16:12:02 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

snipped
"Smear the mashed potatoes on the scrape and bruise, then drink the
coffee. Go back to bed...it's Saturday!"

Yes indeed. Let the spuds dry, then sand smooth then paint the
appropriate color. Good as new.

ROTF!

I hear they're working on genetically modified humans that will be
assured of having skin colour to match bandaids.

Cheers, Phred.

Too funny! You're in rare form today. :-)

Old 27-08-2005, 04:10 PM
zxcvbob

wrote:

[...]

In that case, you file a claim with the store's insurance policy (BTW,
it should have been safety glass in the door.) I don't know that you'd
get the $50k.

Bob