Van

Default Hey Sheldon - Meat Grinder Question

Well, after a couple of years of seeing you extol the virtues of grinding
your own, my daughter-in-law had given me a gift certificate to one of our
local cooking specialty stores, so I went down there yesterday and got the
meat grinder attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer.

Picked up an every-day-type 1 lb. chuck steak at the Chop, washed the
attachment & ground away. Made 2 patties & did 'em to medium-rare over lump
charcoal.

Freakin' awesome! Soooo much better than pre-packaged ground beef. Wife
said it was the best ever (& I don't hear that, that often!). I plan on
grinding my own from here on out. Wanna plan on trying sirloin next, but
not sure if the fat content is high enough.

My question? What other meats/items do you grind in yours? Not that it
isn't worth the $$ just for beef/burgers/meatloaf/etc.

Thanx for the urging.

Van

Sheldon

Van wrote:
>trying sirloin next, but
> not sure if the fat content is high enough.
>
> My question? What other meats/items do you grind in yours? Not that it
> isn't worth the $$ just for beef/burgers/meatloaf/etc.

Grind any meat you want, poultry, even fish... grind boiled meat too
for pate, and veggies, potato pancakes.... and bread/cracker crumbs.

Sheldon

Van

"Sheldon" > wrote in message /etc.

> Grind any meat you want, poultry, even fish... grind boiled meat too
> for pate, and veggies, potato pancakes.... and bread/cracker crumbs.
>
> Sheldon

Thanx for the suggestions!

Van

Hoges in WA

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Van wrote:
>>trying sirloin next, but
>> not sure if the fat content is high enough.
>>
>> My question? What other meats/items do you grind in yours? Not that it
>> isn't worth the $$ just for beef/burgers/meatloaf/etc.

> Grind any meat you want, poultry, even fish... grind boiled meat too
> for pate, and veggies, potato pancakes.... and bread/cracker crumbs.
>
> Sheldon

Can you pass on your potato pancake recipe. I have bucketloads of trouble
trying to get these to work.

tia.

Hoges in WA

Edwin Pawlowski

"Van" > wrote in message

> My question? What other meats/items do you grind in yours? Not that it
> isn't worth the $$ just for beef/burgers/meatloaf/etc.

Sausage. Check my web site for a few ideas and links to others. Far
superior to store bought.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Van

Thanks, Edwin!

Nice website. I think I'm gonna try the Italian Sausage recipe this week.

Thanks again.

Van

m...