FoodBanter.com

-   -   Jump'n mouth (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/68481-jumpn-mouth.html)

Pandora 25-08-2005 07:04 PM

Jump'n mouth

This is a roman recipe: the italian name is "Saltimbocca alla romana". I
hope you enjoy it. Sorry I've lost the photos.

JUMP'N MOUTH

Category: meat
Nb persons: 6

1/2k veil - sliced
12 slices ham
12 leaves sage - fresh
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tbs ground pepper
1 tbs salt
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup white wine - dry

Cut the veil if the slices are too large. The right quantity for one person
is 2 slices.
Put over the slices of veil a slice of ham and ,over this, a slice of sage.
Fix the slices with a toothpick and then flour them.
Put the oil in a large frying pan and when is cool but not very hot, put
inside the slices of meat prepared. Season with pepper and salt and let them
brown speedly for some minutes. Then steam with the wine and cook 5-6
minutes per sides. Serve with some of the frying sauce.
This dish (very simple to do , but very good ) can be accompainied with
green peas seasoned with little cubes of bacon or ham.

Nutritional facts per serving (daily value):
Calories 317kcal
Protein 11g (23%)
Total Fat 23g (35%)
Sat. 4g (20%)
Chol. 30mg (10%)
Carb. 10g (3%)
Fiber 1g (2%)
Sugars 0g
Calcium 15mg (1%)
Iron 2mg (9%)

----------

Exported from Shop'NCook 3.1 (http://www.shopncook.com)

Have a nice meal Pandora

Margaret Suran 25-08-2005 10:06 PM

Pandora wrote:
> This is a roman recipe: the italian name is "Saltimbocca alla romana". I
> hope you enjoy it. Sorry I've lost the photos.
>
> JUMP'N MOUTH
>
> Category: meat
> Nb persons: 6
>
> 1/2k veil - sliced
> 12 slices ham
> 12 leaves sage - fresh
> 1/2 cup all purpose flour
> 1 tbs ground pepper
> 1 tbs salt
> 1/2 cup olive oil
> 1 cup white wine - dry
>
> Cut the veil if the slices are too large. The right quantity for one person
> is 2 slices.
> Put over the slices of veil a slice of ham and ,over this, a slice of sage.
> Fix the slices with a toothpick and then flour them.
> Put the oil in a large frying pan and when is cool but not very hot, put
> inside the slices of meat prepared. Season with pepper and salt and let them
> brown speedly for some minutes. Then steam with the wine and cook 5-6
> minutes per sides. Serve with some of the frying sauce.
> This dish (very simple to do , but very good ) can be accompainied with
> green peas seasoned with little cubes of bacon or ham.

Pandora, this is a wonderful recipe and I will make it when the hot
weather is gone. Do you use boiled ham or prociutto for this dish?

I noticed that you use the word "veil" for this and other recipes. I
believe you mean "veal", or is "veil" something special in Italian
cooking that I am not familiar with?

MS

Pandora 25-08-2005 10:38 PM

"Margaret Suran" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> Pandora wrote:
>> This is a roman recipe: the italian name is "Saltimbocca alla romana". I
>> hope you enjoy it. Sorry I've lost the photos.
>>
>> JUMP'N MOUTH
>>
>> Category: meat
>> Nb persons: 6
>>
>> 1/2k veil - sliced
>> 12 slices ham
>> 12 leaves sage - fresh
>> 1/2 cup all purpose flour
>> 1 tbs ground pepper
>> 1 tbs salt
>> 1/2 cup olive oil
>> 1 cup white wine - dry
>>
>> Cut the veil if the slices are too large. The right quantity for one
>> person
>> is 2 slices.
>> Put over the slices of veil a slice of ham and ,over this, a slice of
>> sage.
>> Fix the slices with a toothpick and then flour them.
>> Put the oil in a large frying pan and when is cool but not very hot, put
>> inside the slices of meat prepared. Season with pepper and salt and let
>> them
>> brown speedly for some minutes. Then steam with the wine and cook 5-6
>> minutes per sides. Serve with some of the frying sauce.
>> This dish (very simple to do , but very good ) can be accompainied with
>> green peas seasoned with little cubes of bacon or ham.
>>

> Pandora, this is a wonderful recipe and I will make it when the hot
> weather is gone. Do you use boiled ham or prociutto for this dish?

I use raw ham (we call prosciutto crudo).

> I noticed that you use the word "veil" for this and other recipes. I
> believe you mean "veal", or is "veil" something special in Italian cooking
> that I am not familiar with?

Ohh, nooo. Sorry (my english) veal ! I don't want to look at the vocabulary
every moment, so I mistake|! Sorry!
I'm very happy that someone correct me and Iìm happy that you enjoyed my
recipe.
Let me know, Margaret!
Cheers
Pandora

jake 25-08-2005 10:56 PM

I love saltimbocca and there is sage growing on my balcony.

Thank you for reminding me of what I can use the sage for (I did bake a
sage focaccia bread this week, half the liquid was white wine and it
tastes good)

Pandora 25-08-2005 11:26 PM

"jake" > ha scritto nel messaggio
. nl...
>I love saltimbocca and there is sage growing on my balcony.
>
> Thank you for reminding me of what I can use the sage for (I did bake a
> sage focaccia bread this week, half the liquid was white wine and it
> tastes good)

You are welcome Jake.
Post the recipe , please, of the sage focaccia bread. I like sage, too. And
I like white wine.
Cheers
Pandora