Ranee Mueller

Default Req: Apple Bread Pudding Type Dessert

My mom made this apple bread pudding type thing when I was in middle
school. She cannot remember ever making it now, but she used to make it
all the time. It might not have had bread in it, but something about it
reminded me of bread pudding, lots of egg, olbviously, too. I
remembered her getting the recipe from Regis & Kathie Lee, but the show
website doesn't have recipes that far back and they didn't respond to my
request, not even to say they didn't do it. Anyway, I would put the
dates for that recipe airing sometime between 1986-1990. Anyone who
happened to save an apple recipe from that era and that show who could
share? Thanks.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
biig

Ranee Mueller wrote:

> My mom made this apple bread pudding type thing when I was in middle
> school. She cannot remember ever making it now, but she used to make it
> all the time. It might not have had bread in it, but something about it
> reminded me of bread pudding, lots of egg, olbviously, too. I
> remembered her getting the recipe from Regis & Kathie Lee, but the show
> website doesn't have recipes that far back and they didn't respond to my
> request, not even to say they didn't do it. Anyway, I would put the
> dates for that recipe airing sometime between 1986-1990. Anyone who
> happened to save an apple recipe from that era and that show who could
> share? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Here is one that's from the slow cooker book.

12 slices reduced calorie white bread torn into medium size pieces
3 1/2 cups cored,peeled and chopped cooking apples
1 cup unsweetened apple juice
1/2 cup mountain dew
1/2 cup splenda or sugar twin
1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice

Spray a slow cooker with butter flavoured cooking spray. In prepared
container, combine bread pieces and apples. In a small bowl, combine
apple juice, diet mountain dew, splenda and apple pie spice. Drizzle
juice mixture evenly over bread mixture. Mix gently to combine. Cover
and cook on low for 6 hours. Mix well before serving.

I haven't tried it, so if you do, let us know how it turns out..
....Sharon

> Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.
>
> "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13
>
> http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
> http://talesfromthekitchen.blogspot.com/

biig

Ranee Mueller wrote:

> My mom made this apple bread pudding type thing when I was in middle
> school. She cannot remember ever making it now, but she used to make it
> all the time. It might not have had bread in it, but something about it
> reminded me of bread pudding, lots of egg, olbviously, too. I
> remembered her getting the recipe from Regis & Kathie Lee, but the show
> website doesn't have recipes that far back and they didn't respond to my
> request, not even to say they didn't do it. Anyway, I would put the
> dates for that recipe airing sometime between 1986-1990. Anyone who
> happened to save an apple recipe from that era and that show who could
> share? Thanks.

> I don't know if you can bake it in the oven, or not. ...Sharon

> Regards,
> Ranee
>
> Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.
>
> "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13
>
> http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
> http://talesfromthekitchen.blogspot.com/

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 25 Aug 2005 10:29:59a, Ranee Mueller wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> My mom made this apple bread pudding type thing when I was in middle
> school. She cannot remember ever making it now, but she used to make it
> all the time. It might not have had bread in it, but something about it
> reminded me of bread pudding, lots of egg, olbviously, too. I
> remembered her getting the recipe from Regis & Kathie Lee, but the show
> website doesn't have recipes that far back and they didn't respond to my
> request, not even to say they didn't do it. Anyway, I would put the
> dates for that recipe airing sometime between 1986-1990. Anyone who
> happened to save an apple recipe from that era and that show who could
> share? Thanks.

Ranee, do you think this might be it? This was originally from "Cook with
Regis and Kathy Lee".

German Apple Cake Recipe

Ingredients:
DOUGH:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
APPLE CAKE FILLING:
4 to 5 large baking apples
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
Juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup apricot preserves

Directions:
To Prepare the Crust: In a large bowl, combine the sugar, egg, butter and
flour. Using your fingertips, work the mixture together until it is of
pastry consistency. Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least one hour,
or until slightly firm.

To Make the Cake: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter a 9""
springform pan. Dust lightly with flour and tap out any excess. Press the
Dough into the pan, covering the bottom and reaching about halfway up the
sides.
Peel the Apples, Core and cut in halves.
Sprinkle the bottom of the crust with the breadcrumbs, to form a thin and
even layer. Arrange the apples, rounded side up, over the crust and crumbs.
Fill in any empty spaces with pieces of apple.

In a large bowl, stir together the sour cream, heavy cream, sugar, eggs,
lemon juice, cornstarch, and vanilla. Pour this mixture over the apples.
Bake for 60 to 90 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the filling
is set. Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool. Cool
completely before removing sides of springform.
In a small pan heat the apricot preserves over medium heat until warm. When
the cake has cooled slightly, brush the preserves over the top to form a
glaze.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Ophelia

"biig" > wrote in message

> Ranee Mueller wrote:
>>
>> My mom made this apple bread pudding type thing when I was in
>> middle
>> school. She cannot remember ever making it now, but she used to make
>> it
>> all the time. It might not have had bread in it, but something about
>> it
>> reminded me of bread pudding, lots of egg, olbviously, too. I
>> remembered her getting the recipe from Regis & Kathie Lee, but the
>> show
>> website doesn't have recipes that far back and they didn't respond to
>> my
>> request, not even to say they didn't do it. Anyway, I would put the
>> dates for that recipe airing sometime between 1986-1990. Anyone who
>> happened to save an apple recipe from that era and that show who
>> could
>> share? Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ranee

Apple Bread Pudding Type Desser

> 12 slices reduced calorie white bread torn into medium size pieces
> 3 1/2 cups cored,peeled and chopped cooking apples
> 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
> 1/2 cup mountain dew
> 1/2 cup splenda or sugar twin
> 1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
>
> Spray a slow cooker with butter flavoured cooking spray. In
> prepared
> container, combine bread pieces and apples. In a small bowl, combine
> apple juice, diet mountain dew, splenda and apple pie spice. Drizzle
> juice mixture evenly over bread mixture. Mix gently to combine.
> Cover
> and cook on low for 6 hours. Mix well before serving.
>

> I haven't tried it, so if you do, let us know how it turns out..
> ....Sharon
>

>> Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.
>>
>> "She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands." Prov 31:13
>>
>> http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
>> http://talesfromthekitchen.blogspot.com/

Ophelia

"biig" > wrote in message

> Ranee Mueller wrote:
>>
>> My mom made this apple bread pudding type thing when I was in
>> middle
>> school. She cannot remember ever making it now, but she used to make
>> it
>> all the time. It might not have had bread in it, but something about
>> it
>> reminded me of bread pudding, lots of egg, olbviously, too. I
>> remembered her getting the recipe from Regis & Kathie Lee, but the
>> show
>> website doesn't have recipes that far back and they didn't respond to
>> my
>> request, not even to say they didn't do it. Anyway, I would put the
>> dates for that recipe airing sometime between 1986-1990. Anyone who
>> happened to save an apple recipe from that era and that show who
>> could
>> share? Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ranee

> Here is one that's from the slow cooker book.
>
> 12 slices reduced calorie white bread torn into medium size pieces
> 3 1/2 cups cored,peeled and chopped cooking apples
> 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
> 1/2 cup mountain dew
> 1/2 cup splenda or sugar twin
> 1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
>
> Spray a slow cooker with butter flavoured cooking spray. In
> prepared
> container, combine bread pieces and apples. In a small bowl, combine
> apple juice, diet mountain dew, splenda and apple pie spice. Drizzle
> juice mixture evenly over bread mixture. Mix gently to combine.
> Cover
> and cook on low for 6 hours. Mix well before serving.

What is Mountain dew please?

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 25 Aug 2005 11:56:54p, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "biig" > wrote in message
>>

>> Ranee Mueller wrote:
>>>
>>> My mom made this apple bread pudding type thing when I was in
>>> middle
>>> school. She cannot remember ever making it now, but she used to make
>>> it all the time. It might not have had bread in it, but something
>>> about it reminded me of bread pudding, lots of egg, olbviously, too.
>>> I remembered her getting the recipe from Regis & Kathie Lee, but the
>>> show website doesn't have recipes that far back and they didn't
>>> respond to my request, not even to say they didn't do it. Anyway, I
>>> would put the dates for that recipe airing sometime between 1986-1990.
>>> Anyone who happened to save an apple recipe from that era and that
>>> show who could share? Thanks.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ranee

>> Here is one that's from the slow cooker book.
>>
>> 12 slices reduced calorie white bread torn into medium size pieces
>> 3 1/2 cups cored,peeled and chopped cooking apples
>> 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
>> 1/2 cup mountain dew
>> 1/2 cup splenda or sugar twin
>> 1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
>>
>> Spray a slow cooker with butter flavoured cooking spray. In
>> prepared
>> container, combine bread pieces and apples. In a small bowl, combine
>> apple juice, diet mountain dew, splenda and apple pie spice. Drizzle
>> juice mixture evenly over bread mixture. Mix gently to combine.
>> Cover
>> and cook on low for 6 hours. Mix well before serving.

> What is Mountain dew please?

You don't want to know! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
biig

Ophelia wrote:

> "biig" > wrote in message
> >

> > Ranee Mueller wrote:
> >>
> >> My mom made this apple bread pudding type thing when I was in
> >> middle
> >> school. She cannot remember ever making it now, but she used to make
> >> it
> >> all the time. It might not have had bread in it, but something about
> >> it
> >> reminded me of bread pudding, lots of egg, olbviously, too. I
> >> remembered her getting the recipe from Regis & Kathie Lee, but the
> >> show
> >> website doesn't have recipes that far back and they didn't respond to
> >> my
> >> request, not even to say they didn't do it. Anyway, I would put the
> >> dates for that recipe airing sometime between 1986-1990. Anyone who
> >> happened to save an apple recipe from that era and that show who
> >> could
> >> share? Thanks.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Ranee

> > Here is one that's from the slow cooker book.
> >
> > 12 slices reduced calorie white bread torn into medium size pieces
> > 3 1/2 cups cored,peeled and chopped cooking apples
> > 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
> > 1/2 cup mountain dew
> > 1/2 cup splenda or sugar twin
> > 1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
> >
> > Spray a slow cooker with butter flavoured cooking spray. In
> > prepared
> > container, combine bread pieces and apples. In a small bowl, combine
> > apple juice, diet mountain dew, splenda and apple pie spice. Drizzle
> > juice mixture evenly over bread mixture. Mix gently to combine.
> > Cover
> > and cook on low for 6 hours. Mix well before serving.

> What is Mountain dew please?

Mountain Dew is a brand name for bottled/canned soda pop. I don't
like it to drink, and maybe ginger ale would be a good substitute.
Maybe someone else on this group can add suggestions.....Sharon
Ophelia

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Thu 25 Aug 2005 11:56:54p, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Here is one that's from the slow cooker book.
>>>
>>> 12 slices reduced calorie white bread torn into medium size pieces
>>> 3 1/2 cups cored,peeled and chopped cooking apples
>>> 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
>>> 1/2 cup mountain dew
>>> 1/2 cup splenda or sugar twin
>>> 1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
>>>
>>> Spray a slow cooker with butter flavoured cooking spray. In
>>> prepared
>>> container, combine bread pieces and apples. In a small bowl,
>>> combine
>>> apple juice, diet mountain dew, splenda and apple pie spice.
>>> Drizzle
>>> juice mixture evenly over bread mixture. Mix gently to combine.
>>> Cover
>>> and cook on low for 6 hours. Mix well before serving.

>> What is Mountain dew please?

> You don't want to know! :-)

Why?

biig

Ophelia wrote:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

> >> What is Mountain dew please?

> > You don't want to know! :-)

> Why?

I think it's gross tasting. I don't care much for ginger ale either,
but it's far and above Mountain Dew. ....Sharon

Ophelia

"biig" > wrote in message

> Ophelia wrote:

>> > Here is one that's from the slow cooker book.
>> >
>> > 12 slices reduced calorie white bread torn into medium size pieces
>> > 3 1/2 cups cored,peeled and chopped cooking apples
>> > 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
>> > 1/2 cup mountain dew
>> > 1/2 cup splenda or sugar twin
>> > 1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
>> >
>> > Spray a slow cooker with butter flavoured cooking spray. In
>> > prepared
>> > container, combine bread pieces and apples. In a small bowl,
>> > combine
>> > apple juice, diet mountain dew, splenda and apple pie spice.
>> > Drizzle
>> > juice mixture evenly over bread mixture. Mix gently to combine.
>> > Cover
>> > and cook on low for 6 hours. Mix well before serving.

>> What is Mountain dew please?

> Mountain Dew is a brand name for bottled/canned soda pop. I don't
> like it to drink, and maybe ginger ale would be a good substitute.
> Maybe someone else on this group can add suggestions.....Sharon

Thank you Sharon)

Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 26 Aug 2005 06:17:59a, biig wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Ophelia wrote:

>> > You don't want to know! :-)

>> Why?

> I think it's gross tasting. I don't care much for ginger ale either,
> but it's far and above Mountain Dew. ....Sharon

It's also loaded with caffeine. It has an indescribable flavor that I
don't like. There are actually Mountain Dew addicts out there.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Ophelia

"biig" > wrote in message

> Ophelia wrote:

>> > You don't want to know! :-)

>> Why?

> I think it's gross tasting. I don't care much for ginger ale
> either,
> but it's far and above Mountain Dew. ....Sharon

Oh dear... ok thank you I don't actually like ginger ale anyway

Ophelia

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Fri 26 Aug 2005 06:17:59a, biig wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Why?

>> I think it's gross tasting. I don't care much for ginger ale
>> either,
>> but it's far and above Mountain Dew. ....Sharon
>>

> It's also loaded with caffeine. It has an indescribable flavor that I
> don't like. There are actually Mountain Dew addicts out there.

Thanks Wayne. It is unusual for Ranee to give a recipe with horrid
stuff in it.

Ranee Mueller

In article >,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> Ranee, do you think this might be it? This was originally from "Cook with
> Regis and Kathy Lee".
>
> German Apple Cake Recipe
>
> Ingredients:
> DOUGH:
> 1/2 cup granulated sugar
> 1 egg
> 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
> 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
> APPLE CAKE FILLING:
> 4 to 5 large baking apples
> 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
> 1 cup sour cream
> 1/2 cup heavy cream
> 1/2 cup granulated sugar
> 2 large eggs
> Juice of one lemon
> 1 tablespoon cornstarch
> 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
> 1/2 cup apricot preserves

I'll try it and see. I don't remember any apricot jam, and my mom
wouldn't have bought it, but she may have simply left it out. Thank you!

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

Ranee Mueller

In article > ,
"Ophelia" > wrote:

> Thanks Wayne. It is unusual for Ranee to give a recipe with horrid
> stuff in it.

I didn't post any recipes! I was asking for one.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 26 Aug 2005 09:32:22a, Ranee Mueller wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article > ,
> "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>> Thanks Wayne. It is unusual for Ranee to give a recipe with horrid
>> stuff in it.

> I didn't post any recipes! I was asking for one.
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Did you see the one I posted?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 26 Aug 2005 09:32:03a, Ranee Mueller wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> Ranee, do you think this might be it? This was originally from "Cook
>> with Regis and Kathy Lee".
>>
>> German Apple Cake Recipe
>>
>> Ingredients:
>> DOUGH:
>> 1/2 cup granulated sugar
>> 1 egg
>> 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
>> 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
>> APPLE CAKE FILLING:
>> 4 to 5 large baking apples
>> 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
>> 1 cup sour cream
>> 1/2 cup heavy cream
>> 1/2 cup granulated sugar
>> 2 large eggs
>> Juice of one lemon
>> 1 tablespoon cornstarch
>> 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 cup apricot preserves

> I'll try it and see. I don't remember any apricot jam, and my mom
> wouldn't have bought it, but she may have simply left it out. Thank
> you!
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Sorry, Ranee. I didn't see this response before I just posted asking if
you saw it.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Ophelia

"Ranee Mueller" > wrote in message
> In article > ,
> "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>> Thanks Wayne. It is unusual for Ranee to give a recipe with horrid
>> stuff in it.

> I didn't post any recipes! I was asking for one.

Oooops...sorry

biig

Ophelia wrote:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

> >> I think it's gross tasting. I don't care much for ginger ale
> >> either,
> >> but it's far and above Mountain Dew. ....Sharon
> >>

> > It's also loaded with caffeine. It has an indescribable flavor that I
> > don't like. There are actually Mountain Dew addicts out there.
> >

> Thanks Wayne. It is unusual for Ranee to give a recipe with horrid
> stuff in it.

Ranee didn't post that recipe, I did....she was looking for one...
my fault......Sharon

Nancy Young

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote

> Ranee, do you think this might be it? This was originally from "Cook with
> Regis and Kathy Lee".

This struck me as funny, Wayne, I don't picture you owning
that cookbook.

nancy

Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 26 Aug 2005 10:34:23a, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote
>
>> Ranee, do you think this might be it? This was originally from "Cook with
>> Regis and Kathy Lee".

> This struck me as funny, Wayne, I don't picture you owning
> that cookbook.
>
> nancy

LOL! I don't own it, Nancy. I search for the recipe on the web, hoping to
find the one that Ranee was looking for. You've got me pegged! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Ophelia

"biig" > wrote in message
> Ranee didn't post that recipe, I did....she was looking for one...
> my fault......Sharon

Oh dear... I am sorry. I obviously got the attributions mixed up

You were being helpful too;(

Sorry

Dee Randall

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> On Fri 26 Aug 2005 10:34:23a, Nancy Young wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

>> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote
>>
>>> Ranee, do you think this might be it? This was originally from "Cook
>>> with
>>> Regis and Kathy Lee".

>> This struck me as funny, Wayne, I don't picture you owning
>> that cookbook.
>>
>> nancy

> LOL! I don't own it, Nancy. I search for the recipe on the web, hoping
> find the one that Ranee was looking for. You've got me pegged! :-)
>

> --
> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Nor can you tell a book by it's cover
Groan ---------
Dee Dee

Rhonda Anderson

Wayne Boatwright > wrote in
:

> On Fri 26 Aug 2005 06:17:59a, biig wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> Why?

>> I think it's gross tasting. I don't care much for ginger ale
>> either,
>> but it's far and above Mountain Dew. ....Sharon
>>

> It's also loaded with caffeine. It has an indescribable flavor that I
> don't like. There are actually Mountain Dew addicts out there.

I've tried Mountain Dew and didn't like it - I couldn't describe the
flavour either. Mountain Dew addicts coming to Australia may well be
disappointed, though. While the labelling looks the same as US Mountain
Dew (going by the Mountain Dew website), and the flavour is presumably
the same, there is no caffeine in Mountain Dew here.

The only soft drinks allowed to contain caffeine under Australian food
laws are cola drinks.There are caffeinated drinks like Red Bull allowed,
but they come under a different classification to drinks like Mountain
Dew.

Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

-L.

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> It's also loaded with caffeine. It has an indescribable flavor that I
> don't like. There are actually Mountain Dew addicts out there.

Um, that would be ME. Love the stuff with LOTS of ice. Buzzzzzz.....

-L.

-L.

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Fri 26 Aug 2005 10:24:28p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

> > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> >> It's also loaded with caffeine. It has an indescribable flavor that I
> >> don't like. There are actually Mountain Dew addicts out there.

> > Um, that would be ME. Love the stuff with LOTS of ice. Buzzzzzz.....
> >
> > -L.
> >

> LOL! I work with two people like that! :-)
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *=BF*

Well, we all have our dirty little secrets.

-L.

Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 26 Aug 2005 10:24:28p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> It's also loaded with caffeine. It has an indescribable flavor that I
>> don't like. There are actually Mountain Dew addicts out there.

> Um, that would be ME. Love the stuff with LOTS of ice. Buzzzzzz.....
>
> -L.

LOL! I work with two people like that! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
-L.

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> >> --
> >> Wayne Boatwright *=BF*

> > Well, we all have our dirty little secrets.
> >
> > -L.
> >

> hehehe... I guess I should admit that I'm addicted to plain,
> strong-brewed iced tea, no lemon, no sugar, no sweetener. I never seem to
> get enough.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *=BF*

Oh, I am addicited to brewed ice tea as well - brewed dark, over a lot
of ice - and nothing added too! Yum!!

Gee- may be why I am always up posting in the wee hours - ya think?
LOL...

-L.

Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 26 Aug 2005 10:27:40p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>> > Um, that would be ME. Love the stuff with LOTS of ice.
>> > Buzzzzzz.....
>> >
>> > -L.
>> >

>> LOL! I work with two people like that! :-)
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

> Well, we all have our dirty little secrets.
>
> -L.

hehehe... I guess I should admit that I'm addicted to plain,
strong-brewed iced tea, no lemon, no sugar, no sweetener. I never seem to
get enough.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.

Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 26 Aug 2005 10:38:47p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> > Well, we all have our dirty little secrets.
>> >
>> > -L.
>> >

>> hehehe... I guess I should admit that I'm addicted to plain,
>> strong-brewed iced tea, no lemon, no sugar, no sweetener. I never
>> seem to get enough.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

> Oh, I am addicited to brewed ice tea as well - brewed dark, over a lot
> of ice - and nothing added too! Yum!!
>
> Gee- may be why I am always up posting in the wee hours - ya think?
> LOL...
>
> -L.

hmm... Seems to be a common problem!

Have you ever heard that if you brew a pitcher of iced tea and don't
consume it within the day, that you should toss whatever's left? Supposed
to be unhealthy? Someone told me that once, but I could never substantiate
it, and usually refrigerate what I have left.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
-L.

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> hmm... Seems to be a common problem!
>
> Have you ever heard that if you brew a pitcher of iced tea and don't
> consume it within the day, that you should toss whatever's left? Supposed
> to be unhealthy? Someone told me that once, but I could never substantia=

te
> it, and usually refrigerate what I have left.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright *=BF*

I keep it until it gets cloudy - usually 2 days. Then I toss it.

-L.

Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 26 Aug 2005 11:33:31p, -L. wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> hmm... Seems to be a common problem!
>>
>> Have you ever heard that if you brew a pitcher of iced tea and don't
>> consume it within the day, that you should toss whatever's left?
>> Supposed to be unhealthy? Someone told me that once, but I could never
>> substantia te it, and usually refrigerate what I have left.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*

> I keep it until it gets cloudy - usually 2 days. Then I toss it.
>
> -L.

Mine usually never last more than 2 days, if that. :-) I just did a
little research, and it appears that guideline applies mainly to
sun-brewed tea, which brewing temperature and time allows significant
bacterial growth. Tea brewed with water between 175-210 degrees F. has
very little bacteria by comparsion, and if refrigerated, may be safely
held for 3 days.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Dave Smith

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> > I think it's gross tasting. I don't care much for ginger ale either,
> > but it's far and above Mountain Dew. ....Sharon
> >

> It's also loaded with caffeine. It has an indescribable flavor that I
> don't like. There are actually Mountain Dew addicts out there.

FWIW, Mountain Dew in the US has a lot more caffeine than it does here in
Canada. It's an odd thing. I don't normally like Mountain Dew, but I love it
when I go skiing.

sf

On 26 Aug 2005 23:33:31 -0700, -L. wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> > hmm... Seems to be a common problem!
> >
> > Have you ever heard that if you brew a pitcher of iced tea and don't
> > consume it within the day, that you should toss whatever's left? Supposed
> > to be unhealthy? Someone told me that once, but I could never substantiate
> > it, and usually refrigerate what I have left.
> >
> > --
> > Wayne Boatwright *¿*

> I keep it until it gets cloudy - usually 2 days. Then I toss it.

I like to brew up very strong tea and toss in ice cubes to chill
because I'm not fond of "old" tea. I probably wouldn't be as picky if
I drank it by the pitcher.

Ophelia

> wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:56:54 GMT, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>
>>What is Mountain dew please?

> Mountain Dew is a citrus flavored pop made by Pepsico, it has a yellow
> tint, and
> is partially made with orange juice and is second highest in caffeine
> (except in
> Canada), only behind Jolt Cola. The equivalent is Mellow Yellow in
> the Coke
> line, Mist in the Gem Bottling line is similar. None of which has
> probably made
> it to the UK.I can not think of something that is a UK similar. Mellow
> Yellow
> was hard to get at first as it was sold primarily in southern US
> states. Has a
> bit more reach now, but some areas still don't get it.
>
> Great stuff, except that diet stuff. Diet drinks should be banned.

Many thanks for that)

Crockpot Cinnamon Apple Bread Pudding jacqueline austin Recipes (moderated) 0 03-01-2007 08:46 PM
Apple toffee bread pudding Pete Recipes 0 02-04-2006 09:39 PM
Apple Bread Pudding Duckie ® Recipes 0 01-09-2005 02:42 AM
Bread Pudding Apple Pie Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-04-2005 11:27 AM
Apple Pecan Bread Pudding Duckie ® Recipes 0 16-03-2005 12:43 AM