Default Get the legendary Absinthe and experience the ultimate drunk.

You can now legally purchase Absinthe (how the hell it's legal I don't
know) from

http://Absinthe.ProtoProtoss.net

Absinthe is a liquor that can get you VERY drunk in little to no time
at all, and is right up there with Everclear, Moonshine, and the likes.
Be the life of the party anytime. Be Absinthe.

Joseph Littleshoes

> You can now legally purchase Absinthe (how the hell it's legal I don't
>
> know) from

http://Absinthe.ProtoProtoss.net

> Absinthe is a liquor that can get you VERY drunk in little to no time
> at all, and is right up there with Everclear, Moonshine, and the
> likes.
> Be the life of the party anytime. Be Absinthe.

As i understand it, originally being made from wormwood it has an
hallucinogenic property. I have heard that there are liquors being made
and sold as Absinthe but which are not the same thing, the modern stuff
is made with a wormwood substitute and other herbs, not the same thing
as l' Comte de Toulouse used to drink at the Moulon Rouge. Back in the
day when any drug was available over the counter for recreational or any
other use.

Apparently, from the web sites information it is the real thing, but i
wonder if, while apparently legal to make and sell in the Czech
republic, what sort of restrictions might apply to importing it to
America or Europe, though iirc, a version is available in Canada.
---
JL

Bob

Joseph wrote:

> As i understand it, originally being made from wormwood it has an
> hallucinogenic property.

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20000401/fob4.asp

"absinthe can cause convulsions, hallucinations, and psychotic behavior ...
the toxin, alpha-thujone, blocks brain receptors for gamma-aminobutyric
acid, or GABA. Without access to GABA, a natural inhibitor of nerve
impulses, neurons fire too easily and their signaling goes out of control."

I don't know if vermouth is currently made from wormwood, but it definitely
used to be: The word "vermouth" comes from "wermut," German for "wormwood."

Bob

AlleyGator

>You can now legally purchase Absinthe (how the hell it's legal I don't
>know) from

http://Absinthe.ProtoProtoss.net

>Absinthe is a liquor that can get you VERY drunk in little to no time
>at all, and is right up there with Everclear, Moonshine, and the likes.
>Be the life of the party anytime. Be Absinthe.

I would think this is a scam, since it is banned here, and for very
good reason. I found a number of recipes to make your own absinthe
and wormwood is readily available. With all the legal and IMO safer
illegal substances around, why in the world would anyone want to
subject themselves to this poison. It is truly dangerous. Unless, of
course, you look forward to hollow cavities in your brain. In that
case, go for it. (BTW, many years ago, I tasted real absinthe, the
sugar cube ritual and the whole bit. It tastes like shit. Don't
waste your health.) If you must, Everclear is far less dangerous.
Uhh, don't try to light the bottle to test the warning - a friend did
that on a campout years ago and the explosion left him with some
uncomfortable burns.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
itsjoannotjoann

AlleyGator wrote:
> wrote:
>
> >You can now legally purchase Absinthe (how the hell it's legal I don't
> >know) from

http://Absinthe.ProtoProtoss.net

> >Absinthe is a liquor that can get you VERY drunk in little to no time
> >at all, and is right up there with Everclear, Moonshine, and the likes.
> >Be the life of the party anytime. Be Absinthe.

Isn't that the stuff that Lana Turner drank (drunk) in Madame X??

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 24 Aug 2005 08:56:57p, itsjoannotjoann wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> AlleyGator wrote:
>> wrote:
>>
>> >You can now legally purchase Absinthe (how the hell it's legal I don't
>> >know) from

http://Absinthe.ProtoProtoss.net

>> >Absinthe is a liquor that can get you VERY drunk in little to no time
>> >at all, and is right up there with Everclear, Moonshine, and the likes.
>> >Be the life of the party anytime. Be Absinthe.
>> >

> Isn't that the stuff that Lana Turner drank (drunk) in Madame X??

Yes. I thought it was supposed to cause dimentia.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Bob

AlleyGator wrote:

> (BTW, many years ago, I tasted real absinthe, the sugar cube ritual and
> the whole bit. It tastes like shit. Don't waste your health.)

I'm a member of the Gothic subculture (big surprise, with "virtualgoth" as
my handle), and absinthe has a middling-sized following within that group.
The legends of madness, the ritual of preparation, and the "forbidden"
nature of the drink all contribute to its allure. I've tasted the stuff and
don't care for it, though I wouldn't describe the taste as shit-like. It's
more like an intensely bitter pine-infused licorice. Think Pernod mixed
with Pine-Sol and aspirin. Speaking of Pernod, both Pernod and chartreuse
claim to be descended from absinthe.

Bob

Dr Hfuhruhurr

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Wed 24 Aug 2005 08:56:57p, itsjoannotjoann wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>

> > AlleyGator wrote:

http://Absinthe.ProtoProtoss.net

> > Isn't that the stuff that Lana Turner drank (drunk) in Madame X??

> Yes. I thought it was supposed to cause dimentia.

What? The inability to up from down and left from right? ;-)
Oh you mean Dementia. Sorry what were we talking about again?

Doc

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 25 Aug 2005 03:58:22a, Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Wed 24 Aug 2005 08:56:57p, itsjoannotjoann wrote in
>> rec.food.cooking:

http://Absinthe.ProtoProtoss.net

>> > Isn't that the stuff that Lana Turner drank (drunk) in Madame X??

>> Yes. I thought it was supposed to cause dimentia.

> What? The inability to up from down and left from right? ;-)
> Oh you mean Dementia. Sorry what were we talking about again?
>
> Doc

LOL! Probably both.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
AlleyGator

"Bob" > wrote:

>Think Pernod mixed
>with Pine-Sol and aspirin. >
>Bob

Exactl;y. And that doesn't spell s-h-i-t to you? <G>