Old 22-08-2005, 05:16 PM
casteele95thbgheavy@yahoo.com

Default Two Fat Ladies, Sandwich recipe (vegatarian? While in Wales?)

Looking for the recipe for a sandwich the TFLs did (it was a longgg
one, and I believe it was "pressed;" maybe just wrapped tight).
Believe they did it on the show where they visited the Welsh singers on
a hill-side; and it was vegatarian (sp?), I think. Had -- if I recall
correctly -- peppers in it...

HELP! G

Christopher A. Steele

ps. anybody know of a site that has archived all their recipes?

Old 22-08-2005, 11:57 PM
AlleyGator

ps. anybody know of a site that has archived all their recipes?

Actually I archived the recipes from most of their shows 1996 to 1998.
I put them in html format, as I do a lot of recipes for easy
retrieval. Unfortunately, I need to clean up the index pages (I
started this in 1996, when I was brand new to hrml design, so it looks
like a Jr. High kid did it). It isn't just TFL, its many of the
episodes of all the shows that were on during those years - back when
it was worth watching. I have most of the TFL shows recorded, but I'm
missing a few - some I never got to record and some are lost in that
great pile of unlabled VHS tapes in a box (SHAME!). Do you have
Winzip or something similar that will unzip in multiple-directory
format? If so, I can probably figure out a way to send the stuff to
you once I clean it up. It may not be quick, but I can get it to you
eventually. Now - is this copyright violation? I don't know - I
downloaded everything from their site, they all have the Food Network
copyright clearly displayed on each page, and I kept them that way. I
was sorry to just discover that Food no longer carries their shows.
That was probably one of the last shows left that was worth watching
there - it's become a complete garbage heap, IMO, and I refuse to
watch it except for rare exceptions.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
Old 23-08-2005, 11:23 PM
casteele95thbgheavy@yahoo.com

RobtE wrote:

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.recipezaar.com/130572

RobtE

RobtE:

No, that's the Shooters Sandwich, and I meant -- but forgot -- to
mention that that is the sandwich for which I was NOT looking
But thank you, RobtE, for making the effort. (It sure does sound
good, tho, doesn't it).

Christopher

Old 23-08-2005, 11:42 PM
casteele95thbgheavy@yahoo.com

I think that's IT!
Ran a search using the sandwich name and found this site with a lot of
their recipes on it:
http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=ladie

As far as copyright infringement is concerned, these recipes are all
OVER the net. I couldn't find THIS recipe 'cause I was looking for a
'sandwich' and not a 'tartine.'

Since Foodnetwork isn't listing the TFL's recipes anymore, perhaps YOU
are the person to keep their legacy alive, eh?

Yes, I have WinZip, but don't want you to go to a lot of trouble, and
their is no serious time consideration here. I specifically wanted this
recipe so I could make it for a friend who is letting me stay at her
place while I find a job. (And she's a single working mother, so
deserves a good lunch!)

I loved the TFLs, and I also like Alton Brown. Is there a TFL club or
something?

THANK you, AlleyGator for the help!

Old 23-08-2005, 11:45 PM
casteele95thbgheavy@yahoo.com

BTW, my friend does not like pepper. I love it, she doesn't. Is there
another spice you can suggest I might use to 'pep up' recipes?, one
that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Christopher

Old 26-08-2005, 08:36 PM
casteele95thbgheavy@yahoo.com

Actually .... I should try that. Made some mac and cheese and was going
to do that very thing -- use white pepper and keep my mouth shut -- but
I chickened out.

BTW, do you know of a Macaroni and Cheese recipe that is really, REALLY
(!!) cheesy and stringy and ... I don't know: most of the recipes I've
seen or tried seem BLAND, ya know?

Christopher

ps. Actually, "Stouffers (sp?)" frozen comes closest -- at least its
cheesy -- but there's no stringy fun. One of the originals on FoodTV --
can't remember his name -- remarked that the best cheese for M&C was
Crackerbarrel Old English Cheddar, but I can't find it.

//cas

Old 26-08-2005, 08:38 PM
casteele95thbgheavy@yahoo.com

I thouht she didn't like black pepper (pepper corns), but I asked her
last night and she doesn't like red pappers, green peppers ... What a
bore. Think I'll make her the tartine above ANYway. The mustard idea is
great. Thanks!

//cas

Old 26-08-2005, 09:08 PM
nancree

casteel wrote:

"One of the originals on FoodTV --
can't remember his name -- remarked that the best cheese for M&C was
Crackerbarrel Old English Cheddar, but I can't find it'"
You might find it in your dairy case. It comes wrapped in red foil,
shaped like a stick of butter. It's quite good.
Regards,
Nancree