Cindy Fuller

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Cindy Fuller > wrote:
>
> > So Barb, when do you find out how you did? With luck, the
> > old-lady-home-economics teachers who stiffed you last year won't be
> > judging this year.
> >
> > Cindy

> Au contraire -- I was not stiffed last year -- I knocked 'em dead and
> came away with 8 'special' awards above and beyond the regular Fair
> prizes. Tres cool. I luvved the retired home ecs. Nice women. I've
> figured out who a couple of the judges are, generally speaking, but I
> don't know how they operate or who judges what. Part of the mystery.
> "-) The Great Minnesota Get-Together opens on Thursday, August 25.
> I'll find out that morning. Right now, IBePooped. Just finished a
> batch of Ginger Peachy Jam and somewhere during the day it got blinkin'
> hot! Jeez. Don't call the vice squad - I don't have many threads on!

Must have been a senior moment on my part. I do recall that you got
stiffed a couple of years ago and were not happy about it.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Victor Sack

Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> I noticed that blackberries were $5 a pint at the Mps farmers market on
> Saturday morning.

Well, everything is relative. Surely it is not too much for your
favourite recipe? For those still unaware of your true inclinations,
the fabulous recipe, which comes from
<http://www.foodandwinelovers.com.au/recipes.php?id=204&seriesID=4&episodeID=45>,
follows below. I have no idea what "coffee salt" and "quenelle" (is a
quenelle-like shape being referred to?) mean in
the context... maybe you can enlighten us?

Bubba

Blackberry Beetroot Soup with Parsnip Ice Cream
Raymond Capaldi

Ingredients:
Blackberry Beetroot Soup
500g blackberries
800g cooked beetroot
60g icing sugar
100ml mineral water

Parsnip Ice Cream
400g small parsnips
100g sugar
Egg yolks
Vanilla pod
UHT milk or sheep's milk
5 coffee beans
Cream

Suggested garnishes
100g candied beetroot
18 blackberries
Mint
50g lemon curd
Coffee salt

Method:
Blackberry Beetroot Soup
The blackberry soup is better made 24 hours before. Place the
blackberries in a bowl with a cooked beetroot. Sprinkle with icing
sugar. Leave in warm place for one hour, then break up with fork. Do not
use liquidisers as this will lose the colour. Pass through muslin
overnight.

Parsnip Ice Cream
1. Roast the parsnips with the sugar on slow oven, 100°C, until cooked.
Stir the parsnips every 10 minutes so that they are covered all round,
cool down once ready
2. Simmer the milk to 60°C with the vanilla pod and coffee beans in a
heavy-based pan
3. Whisk on to the eggs. Place the parsnips/egg mix in liquidisers,
blend for 10 mins until smooth. Pass through muslin
4. Return to cleaned saucepan, place on low heat
5. Stir continuously with wooden spoon, until the mixture coats back of
spoon
6. Pass through a fine strainer into a bowl
7. Freeze in an ice cream machine

Plating
Place candied beetroot in bowl, quenelle lemon curd, then pour chilled
soup into the bowl. Quenelle the ice cream, sprinkle the coffee salt.
Serve

TIP Coffee beans bring out the flavour of vanilla

Margaret Suran

Victor Sack wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>

>>I noticed that blackberries were $5 a pint at the Mps farmers market on
>>Saturday morning.

> Well, everything is relative. Surely it is not too much for your
> favourite recipe? For those still unaware of your true inclinations,
> the fabulous recipe, which comes from
> <http://www.foodandwinelovers.com.au/recipes.php?id=204&seriesID=4&episodeID=45>,
> follows below. I have no idea what "coffee salt" and "quenelle" (is a
> quenelle-like shape being referred to?) mean in
> the context... maybe you can enlighten us?
>
> Bubba
>

> Blackberry Beetroot Soup with Parsnip Ice Cream
> Raymond Capaldi

Bubba, This time, I am ashamed of you. ( Once again, as Barbara
would say, You Prevert!!!
Melba's Jammin'

http://www.foodandwinelovers.com.au/...esID=4&episode
> ID=45>,
> follows below. I have no idea what "coffee salt" and "quenelle" (is a
> quenelle-like shape being referred to?) mean in
> the context... maybe you can enlighten us?
>
> Bubba

> Blackberry Beetroot Soup with Parsnip Ice Cream
> Raymond Capaldi
>
> Ingredients:
> Blackberry Beetroot Soup

> Suggested garnishes
> 100g candied beetroot
> 18 blackberries
> Mint
> 50g lemon curd
> Coffee salt
>
> Method:
> Blackberry Beetroot Soup

> Parsnip Ice Cream

My God, Victor!! I think these are the most abominable yet! I think
it's going to take more than one candle to save you, Bubba. Parsnip Ice
Cream? Jesus! Yeah, like *I'm* going to know what quenelle means in
this context. Like I know what it means in some *other* context!! My
stomach churns. But, do look for my other post - new subject, I
haven't decided what it will be, though. "-0) I wonder if German
psychiatrists are any good. . . .
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 8/18/05, State Fair Foundation event --
a fun evening!
Wayne Boatwright

http://www.foodandwinelovers.com.au/...riesID=4&episo
>> de ID=45>,
>> follows below. I have no idea what "coffee salt" and "quenelle" (is a
>> quenelle-like shape being referred to?) mean in
>> the context... maybe you can enlighten us?
>>
>> Bubba

>> Blackberry Beetroot Soup with Parsnip Ice Cream
>> Raymond Capaldi
>>
>> Ingredients:
>> Blackberry Beetroot Soup

>> Suggested garnishes
>> 100g candied beetroot
>> 18 blackberries
>> Mint
>> 50g lemon curd
>> Coffee salt
>>
>> Method:
>> Blackberry Beetroot Soup

>> Parsnip Ice Cream

> My God, Victor!! I think these are the most abominable yet! I think
> it's going to take more than one candle to save you, Bubba. Parsnip Ice
> Cream? Jesus! Yeah, like *I'm* going to know what quenelle means in
> this context. Like I know what it means in some *other* context!! My
> stomach churns. But, do look for my other post - new subject, I
> haven't decided what it will be, though. "-0)

I wonder if German
> psychiatrists are any good. . . .

At what? :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0533-3, 08/17/2005
Tested on: 8/18/2005 8:52:58 PM

~patches~

Victor Sack wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>

>>I noticed that blackberries were $5 a pint at the Mps farmers market on
>>Saturday morning.

> Well, everything is relative. Surely it is not too much for your
> favourite recipe? For those still unaware of your true inclinations,
> the fabulous recipe, which comes from
> <http://www.foodandwinelovers.com.au/recipes.php?id=204&seriesID=4&episodeID=45>,
> follows below. I have no idea what "coffee salt" and "quenelle" (is a
> quenelle-like shape being referred to?) mean in
> the context... maybe you can enlighten us?
>
> Bubba
>

> Blackberry Beetroot Soup with Parsnip Ice Cream
> Raymond Capaldi

I'm still trying to get my head around the *parsnip* ice cream.
TammyM

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:47:19 -0400, ~patches~
> wrote:

>Victor Sack wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>>

>>>I noticed that blackberries were $5 a pint at the Mps farmers market on
>>>Saturday morning.

>> Well, everything is relative. Surely it is not too much for your
>> favourite recipe? For those still unaware of your true inclinations,
>> the fabulous recipe, which comes from
>> <http://www.foodandwinelovers.com.au/recipes.php?id=204&seriesID=4&episodeID=45>,
>> follows below. I have no idea what "coffee salt" and "quenelle" (is a
>> quenelle-like shape being referred to?) mean in
>> the context... maybe you can enlighten us?
>>
>> Bubba
>>

>> Blackberry Beetroot Soup with Parsnip Ice Cream
>> Raymond Capaldi
>>

>I'm still trying to get my head around the *parsnip* ice cream.

I had an email from Kay Hartman in which she mentioned making mustard
ice cream. My abhorance of mustard is well-documented here. After
reading about M ice cream, I shuddered for over 5 minutes =:-o

TammyM, has heard tales of garlic ice cream made in Gilroy, CA for the
garlic festival
Bob

Tammy wrote:

> heard tales of garlic ice cream made in Gilroy, CA for the
> garlic festival

After eating garlic all day at the festival, you don't really notice the
garlic flavor in the ice cream. The ice cream that I tried was actually
vanilla-garlic ice cream, but it wasn't anything special. I've got a recipe
for a lemon-garlic sorbet that I've made for garlic lovers before; it's not
bad, but really, the garlic flavor seems to just be there for novelty.

Bob

Del Cecchi

TammyM wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:47:19 -0400, ~patches~
> > wrote:
>

>>Victor Sack wrote:

>>>Well, everything is relative. Surely it is not too much for your
>>>favourite recipe? For those still unaware of your true inclinations,
>>>the fabulous recipe, which comes from
>>><http://www.foodandwinelovers.com.au/recipes.php?id=204&seriesID=4&episodeID=45>,
>>>follows below. I have no idea what "coffee salt" and "quenelle" (is a
>>>quenelle-like shape being referred to?) mean in
>>>the context... maybe you can enlighten us?
>>>
>>>Bubba
>>>

>>> Blackberry Beetroot Soup with Parsnip Ice Cream
>>> Raymond Capaldi
>>>

>>I'm still trying to get my head around the *parsnip* ice cream.

> I had an email from Kay Hartman in which she mentioned making mustard
> ice cream. My abhorance of mustard is well-documented here. After
> reading about M ice cream, I shuddered for over 5 minutes =:-o
>
> TammyM, has heard tales of garlic ice cream made in Gilroy, CA for the
> garlic festival

Then there is the legendary trout ice cream from iron chef.

--
Del Cecchi
"This post is my own and doesn’t necessarily represent IBM’s positions,
Victor Sack

Margaret Suran > wrote:

> Victor Sack wrote:
> >
> > Blackberry Beetroot Soup with Parsnip Ice Cream
> > Raymond Capaldi
> >

> Bubba, This time, I am ashamed of you. ( Once again, as Barbara
> would say, You Prevert!!!

Barb has never been one for euphemistic misspellings and would never say
any such thing! She would say "pervert" or "perv" (which, to that beet
lover, is an endearment).

Bubba