Default Frozen milk

Ok. This shopping trip I bought 2 gal. milk. I froze one. I put it
in the fridge about 3 days ago and so far I have had 2 glasses of milk.
The rest is still ice. How to you thaw it out without heating the
milk?

I am sure leaving it on the counter is not a good idea.

Denny Wheeler

On 7 Aug 2005 21:36:03 -0700, "
> wrote:

>Ok. This shopping trip I bought 2 gal. milk. I froze one. I put it
>in the fridge about 3 days ago and so far I have had 2 glasses of milk.
> The rest is still ice. How to you thaw it out without heating the
>milk?
>
>I am sure leaving it on the counter is not a good idea.

How about treating it similarly to a frozen turkey? Sit it in the
sink, and run cold water to surround it.

--
-denny-

"I don't like it when a whole state starts
acting like a marital aid."
"John R. Campbell" in a Usenet post.

Just a thought -- Put it in the refrigerator?

Doh!

Sis

Reread the post! She did put it in the refrigerator! Duh!
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Just a thought -- Put it in the refrigerator?
>
> Doh!

Ophelia

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On 7 Aug 2005 21:36:03 -0700, "
> > wrote:
>
>>Ok. This shopping trip I bought 2 gal. milk. I froze one. I put it
>>in the fridge about 3 days ago and so far I have had 2 glasses of
>>milk.
>> The rest is still ice. How to you thaw it out without heating the
>>milk?
>>
>>I am sure leaving it on the counter is not a good idea.

> How about treating it similarly to a frozen turkey? Sit it in the
> sink, and run cold water to surround it.

Yes and it works beautifully

Stan Horwitz

In article .com>,
" > wrote:

> Ok. This shopping trip I bought 2 gal. milk. I froze one. I put it
> in the fridge about 3 days ago and so far I have had 2 glasses of milk.
> The rest is still ice. How to you thaw it out without heating the
> milk?
>
> I am sure leaving it on the counter is not a good idea.

You need to plan a little. Take the milk out of the freezer and put it
in your refrigerator one day before you intend to use it. In 24 hours,
it should be safely thawed.
Stan Horwitz

In article >, "Sis" >
wrote:

> Reread the post! She did put it in the refrigerator! Duh!
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Just a thought -- Put it in the refrigerator?
> >
> > Doh!

Oops. I didn't read either. The microwave idea makes sense.
maxine in ri

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 22:45:54 -0400, Stan Horwitz >
connected the dots and wrote:

~In article .com>,
~ " > wrote:
~
~> Ok. This shopping trip I bought 2 gal. milk. I froze one. I put
it
~> in the fridge about 3 days ago and so far I have had 2 glasses of
milk. ^^^^^^^
~> The rest is still ice. How to you thaw it out without heating the
~> milk?
~>
~> I am sure leaving it on the counter is not a good idea.
~
~You need to plan a little. Take the milk out of the freezer and put
it
~in your refrigerator one day before you intend to use it. In 24
hours,
~it should be safely thawed.

Hey Stan, are you ok? She had it in the fridge for 3 days and it
still wasn't thawed out. Heat getting to you?

Concerned in ri

Kenneth

On 7 Aug 2005 21:36:03 -0700, "
> wrote:

>Ok. This shopping trip I bought 2 gal. milk. I froze one. I put it
>in the fridge about 3 days ago and so far I have had 2 glasses of milk.
> The rest is still ice. How to you thaw it out without heating the
>milk?

Howdy,

Where in the fridge did you have the milk?

I suspect that it was in the coolest part. A refrigerator is
not the same temperature throughout. Find the warmest
section, and put the milk there.

All the best,
--
Kenneth