Mr Libido Incognito

Default Chicken Alfredo Soup

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken Alfredo Soup

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Soups/Stews

1 boneless chicken breast
1/2 small onion
1 can mushrooms
1 can chicken broth
2 cups water
1/2 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
= (or 1 crushed garlic clove)
Salt -- to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper -- to taste

Sautee chicken, onions and mushrooms until cooked. Dice chicken into
bite-sized pieces and add to water and chicken broth. Simmer until warm
and add garlic, salt and pepper. On warm add half-and-half.

This recipe yields 4 servings; 3 carb grams per serving.

Source:
"Low Carb Diet Recipes at http://www.dietlowcarb.com"
S(Formatted for MC6):
"06-28-2003 by Joe Comiskey - Mad's Recipe Emporium"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 17 Calories; trace Fat (20.9%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 195mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2
Vegetable.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 07 Aug 2005 05:17:58p, Mr Libido Incognito wrote in
rec.food.cooking:

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Chicken Alfredo Soup
>
> Recipe By :n/a
> Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Soups/Stews

> 1 boneless chicken breast
> 1/2 small onion
> 1 can mushrooms
> 1 can chicken broth
> 2 cups water
> 1/2 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
> 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
> = (or 1 crushed garlic clove)
> Salt -- to taste
> Freshly-ground black pepper -- to taste
>
> Sautee chicken, onions and mushrooms until cooked. Dice chicken into
> bite-sized pieces and add to water and chicken broth. Simmer until warm
> and add garlic, salt and pepper. On warm add half-and-half.
>
> This recipe yields 4 servings; 3 carb grams per serving.
>
> Source:
> "Low Carb Diet Recipes at http://www.dietlowcarb.com"
> S(Formatted for MC6):
> "06-28-2003 by Joe Comiskey - Mad's Recipe Emporium"
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 17 Calories; trace Fat (20.9%
> calories from fat); 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg
> Cholesterol; 195mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2
> Vegetable.
>

> Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

It sounds good, but why not just call it Cream of Chicken Soup? It
certainly has no relationship to anything "Alfredo".

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0531-4, 08/05/2005
Tested on: 8/7/2005 5:44:52 PM

Mr Libido Incognito

Wayne Boatwright wrote on 07 Aug 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> It sounds good, but why not just call it Cream of Chicken Soup? It
> certainly has no relationship to anything "Alfredo".

And your Point is?

I've tasted things a lot less like Alfredo than this soup, and they had
Alfredo in their name.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 07 Aug 2005 06:00:22p, Mr Libido Incognito wrote in
rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote on 07 Aug 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> It sounds good, but why not just call it Cream of Chicken Soup? It
>> certainly has no relationship to anything "Alfredo".
>>

> And your Point is?

The point is obvious.

> I've tasted things a lot less like Alfredo than this soup, and they had
> Alfredo in their name.

That's absolutely true, but is nevertheless not an apt description.

I don't *really* care what you call it. I just find it humorous (not you)
that so many things are called by names that are inaccurate.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0531-4, 08/05/2005
Tested on: 8/7/2005 6:25:02 PM

Mr Libido Incognito

Wayne Boatwright wrote on 07 Aug 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> On Sun 07 Aug 2005 06:00:22p, Mr Libido Incognito wrote in
> rec.food.cooking:
>
> > Wayne Boatwright wrote on 07 Aug 2005 in rec.food.cooking
> >
> >> It sounds good, but why not just call it Cream of Chicken Soup?
> >> It certainly has no relationship to anything "Alfredo".
> >>

> > And your Point is?

> The point is obvious.
>
> > I've tasted things a lot less like Alfredo than this soup, and
> > they had Alfredo in their name.

> That's absolutely true, but is nevertheless not an apt description.
>
> I don't *really* care what you call it. I just find it humorous
> (not you) that so many things are called by names that are
> inaccurate.

But Wayne...I didn't name the recipe...So I can't be blamed for any short
comings the Name has....

People Frown on recipe re-naming. Just look at the crap I go thru when I
re-name myself...Never mind renaming the holy of holies...food.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 07 Aug 2005 06:45:56p, Mr Libido Incognito wrote in
rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote on 07 Aug 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> On Sun 07 Aug 2005 06:00:22p, Mr Libido Incognito wrote in
>> rec.food.cooking:
>>
>> > Wayne Boatwright wrote on 07 Aug 2005 in rec.food.cooking

>> > And your Point is?

>> The point is obvious.
>>
>> > I've tasted things a lot less like Alfredo than this soup, and they
>> > had Alfredo in their name.

>> That's absolutely true, but is nevertheless not an apt description.
>>
>> I don't *really* care what you call it. I just find it humorous
>> (not you) that so many things are called by names that are inaccurate.
>>

> But Wayne...I didn't name the recipe...So I can't be blamed for any short
> comings the Name has....
>
> People Frown on recipe re-naming. Just look at the crap I go thru when I
> re-name myself...Never mind renaming the holy of holies...food.

Alan, believe me, I'm not criticizing you. I'm just making light of the
Alfredo thing in general. If any food name is overused/misused, that's it.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0531-4, 08/05/2005
Tested on: 8/7/2005 7:15:33 PM

jmcquown

Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote on 07 Aug 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> It sounds good, but why not just call it Cream of Chicken Soup? It
>> certainly has no relationship to anything "Alfredo".
>>

> And your Point is?
>
> I've tasted things a lot less like Alfredo than this soup, and they
> had Alfredo in their name.

Add some freshly grated Parmesan

Jill

sf

On 8 Aug 2005 03:30:10 +0200, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sun 07 Aug 2005 06:00:22p, Mr Libido Incognito wrote in
> rec.food.cooking:
>
> > Wayne Boatwright wrote on 07 Aug 2005 in rec.food.cooking
> >
> >> It sounds good, but why not just call it Cream of Chicken Soup? It
> >> certainly has no relationship to anything "Alfredo".
> >>

> > And your Point is?

> The point is obvious.
>
> > I've tasted things a lot less like Alfredo than this soup, and they had
> > Alfredo in their name.

> That's absolutely true, but is nevertheless not an apt description.
>
> I don't *really* care what you call it. I just find it humorous (not you)
> that so many things are called by names that are inaccurate.

Knock, Knock, Knock.... Yooo Hooo Wayne! He's yanking your chain.
Felice Friese

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote in message

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Chicken Alfredo Soup

<snip>

AAAARGH! Wouldn't touch this one with a ten-foot fettuccine.

Felice

Vilco

Mi e' parso che Mr Libido Incognito abbia scritto:

>> That's absolutely true, but is nevertheless not an apt
>> description.

> But Wayne...I didn't name the recipe...So I can't be
> blamed for any short comings the Name has....

Exact, and remember: when you drive back from the supermarket and
you have bought butter and parmesan, you're driving an Alfredo
Car
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

Dimitri

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote in message

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Chicken Alfredo Soup
>
> Recipe By :n/a
> Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Soups/Stews

> 1 boneless chicken breast
> 1/2 small onion
> 1 can mushrooms
> 1 can chicken broth
> 2 cups water
> 1/2 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
> 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
> = (or 1 crushed garlic clove)
> Salt -- to taste
> Freshly-ground black pepper -- to taste
>
> Sautee chicken, onions and mushrooms until cooked. Dice chicken into
> bite-sized pieces and add to water and chicken broth. Simmer until warm
> and add garlic, salt and pepper. On warm add half-and-half.
>
> This recipe yields 4 servings; 3 carb grams per serving.
>
> Source:
> "Low Carb Diet Recipes at http://www.dietlowcarb.com"
> S(Formatted for MC6):
> "06-28-2003 by Joe Comiskey - Mad's Recipe Emporium"
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You forgot the Velveeta.

Dimitri

kilikini

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote in message
> Wayne Boatwright wrote on 07 Aug 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>
> > On Sun 07 Aug 2005 06:00:22p, Mr Libido Incognito wrote in
> > rec.food.cooking:
> >

> But Wayne...I didn't name the recipe...So I can't be blamed for any short
> comings the Name has....
>
> People Frown on recipe re-naming. Just look at the crap I go thru when I
> re-name myself...Never mind renaming the holy of holies...food.

You renamed yourself again? When did this happen? I was only gone for 2
days!

kili