TammyM

Default Mango & Walla Walla Onion Chutney

I had this a few years back and it was fabulous. I just noticed that
mangoes and wallas are on sale and would love to give it a go. Anyone have a
recipe? I've googled and come up empty handed.

TammyM

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "TammyM"
> wrote:

> I had this a few years back and it was fabulous. I just noticed that
> mangoes and wallas are on sale and would love to give it a go. Anyone
> have a
> recipe? I've googled and come up empty handed.
>
> TammyM

Find a mango chutney recipe and fake it from there. What's different
about it? Ripe mangoes?
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 8/3/05 New York-Vermont tab (no pictures
yet, though)
Dee Randall

"TammyM" > wrote in message
>I had this a few years back and it was fabulous. I just noticed that
> mangoes and wallas are on sale and would love to give it a go. Anyone have
> recipe? I've googled and come up empty handed.
>
> TammyM

I found one from my stash which is from Jean Anderson's New Food Processor
Book (I'm sure this is an older edition), which makes about 5 pints. (I
don't have the book now.)

It calls for 4 pounds of green mangoes (or peaches), peeled pitted and cut
into 1" chunks, 1 large sweet red pepper, washed, cored, seeded and cut into
1" pieces, 1 large yellow onion, peeled and cut into slim wedges. The rest
of the ingredients are garlic cloves, fresh ginger, sugar, vinegar, etc.
etc.

I can't recall for sure, but I think I did make this recipe when I lived in
Washington (state), but I don't think I was adventureous enough to deviate
to the wallas.

Did your recipe call for this small amount of onion to mango ratio?
Let me know if you want it, and I'll jpg it and email it as an attachment to
your email.
Dee Dee

Walla Walla Sweets off tasting this year? Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 18 28-06-2015 05:59 PM
Cayuse, Walla Walla, Wa Dick N Wine 4 15-03-2011 03:57 AM
Wines from Washington State...mostly Walla Walla Richard Neidich Wine 1 17-09-2009 11:27 AM
Walla Walla Washington Trip dick Wine 4 03-07-2007 06:47 PM
Basel Cellars - Walla Walla, WA, USA ???? Midlife Wine 6 27-08-2005 05:14 PM